PDA

View Full Version : Jerez motogp

Chappers
01-04-11, 02:03 PM
Just enjoyed watching that practice session. Rossi looking a lot better - much smoother.

The mighty H still dominant.

Should be a good race on Sunday [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
01-04-11, 02:31 PM
Hope it's better than 2 weeks ago. That was booooooooooring.

bobf279
01-04-11, 08:29 PM
Sky +'d it so I'll take a look in a bit

Nooj
02-04-11, 11:39 PM
First race of the season is always a bit dull. Give them a few weeks to get settled into their new rides.

redken1
03-04-11, 06:09 PM
What a shame Rossi and Stoner collided. Rossi is pure legend - to cut through the field in the wet so quickly was astonishing. Doubt Stoner got him a beer after the race though - got to feel for Stoner, but that's racing. I was gutted because it looked like being a really exciting finish.

Squashed_Fly
03-04-11, 06:40 PM
"what happened, your ambition outweigh your talent?"

Big words to say to a 9 times world champion... Saw him asking about his shoulder first though. Couldn't quite tell if he was being genuine or sarcastic. I know as racers, they do have a lot or respect for each other.

Col
03-04-11, 07:14 PM
watched it at Old Nick
Boring it wasn't.......what was Rossi up to ? Crutchlow was looking good as was big hair and Spies was all over the dwarf [loved the head shake on being passed ;D ] until .........so much entertainment 8-)

Harry87
03-04-11, 10:52 PM
Just finished watching. Brilliant. Just when you thought it was going to finish, someone else throws their podium position away!

Scotty
03-04-11, 11:12 PM
Hmmm, certainly eventful, and a shame that Rossi got a bit carried away so early in the race, almost a novice-like mistake. Shame too for Simoncelli, though somewhat true to form. Lorenzo couldn't believe his luck, everyone in front of him crashing (and most of those behind him as well ::)) but fair dos to him, he wound it up again when Pedrosa started getting close...

Ms Fussypants has been strangely quiet on here since her hero skittled out the pre-race favourite and blew his chances of an improbable win... ;)

Good day for most of the British riders there, impressive finishes in both 125s and Moto2, just a shame that Scott Redding went backwards from the start, and Crutchlow lobbed it near the end, but at least he got back on and finished... Tough luck on Stoner, he was justifiably aggrieved...

Geordie Stu
04-04-11, 02:05 PM
Certainly an eventful race. Simoncelli, Rossi, Stoner, Spies, Edwards plus the usual suspects De puniet, Abrahams all going down in 1 way or another.

Stoners comment to Rossi. "Your ambition out weighed your talent"

"We made a good start to the race and the bike felt good for the first few laps, then the tyres seemed to move a little so we tried to conserve them in case it rained again. I really wanted the chance to fight the Spanish riders here in a dry race, so it was disappointing for me that that it was wet.

"However, we were competitive here in the wet and dry and this is very important for us, at a track that hasn't been that great for me in the past. After so much hard work I hate to have a race like this because the team did a great job all weekend and now we go home empty handed.

"With the accident, I heard Valentino arriving and I wasn't worried about anyone passing me at that point in the race so I gave him plenty of room. It was a racing incident and there's not much we can do, what is more frustrating is the reaction of the stewards and their assistance for Valentino and not for me, it was unbelievable. I want to just get to the next race now in Estoril, where I'm sure we can be competitive again."

Roxy
04-04-11, 03:38 PM
Ms Fussypants has been strangely quiet on here since her hero skittled out the pre-race favourite and blew his chances of an improbable win... ;)

Only just finished watching it!

Morticia
04-04-11, 04:55 PM
Hope it's better than 2 weeks ago. That was booooooooooring.

It was anything but boring. What a race! Lorenzo must have thought xmas came early...

Morticia
04-04-11, 05:02 PM
Certainly an eventful race. Simoncelli, Rossi, Stoner, Spies, Edwards plus the usual suspects De puniet, Abrahams all going down in 1 way or another.

Stoners comment to Rossi. "Your ambition out weighed your talent"

"We made a good start to the race and the bike felt good for the first few laps, then the tyres seemed to move a little so we tried to conserve them in case it rained again. I really wanted the chance to fight the Spanish riders here in a dry race, so it was disappointing for me that that it was wet.

"However, we were competitive here in the wet and dry and this is very important for us, at a track that hasn't been that great for me in the past. After so much hard work I hate to have a race like this because the team did a great job all weekend and now we go home empty handed.

"With the accident, I heard Valentino arriving and I wasn't worried about anyone passing me at that point in the race so I gave him plenty of room. It was a racing incident and there's not much we can do, what is more frustrating is the reaction of the stewards and their assistance for Valentino and not for me, it was unbelievable. I want to just get to the next race now in Estoril, where I'm sure we can be competitive again."

I thought he handled it really well, I expected fisty cuffs.

But my favourite was Hayden, saying how hard it was, but he did it. ::) He only got podium cos everyone in front of him crashed :D And he was mighty lucky that Collin's bike just died, otherwise no podium for him.

Scotty
04-04-11, 05:56 PM

Only just finished watching it!

And what can you offer in the Doctor's defence then ma'am? :-?

Chappers
04-04-11, 06:27 PM
still got 22 laps to go. good racing so far... side show is great to watch [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
04-04-11, 06:45 PM
It was a shame that Rossi took out Stoner and I’m not sure why he didn’t play a waiting game with 20 plus laps in the race still remaining. Perhaps he was keen to make his mark in the new team and over exuberance kicked-in. That said, what other current rider (or for that matter ever) could have moved up from 12th on the grid to 3rd place, on a new bike and on a wet track in such a short time? I personally think that Rossi’s grit and riding skills in the first half of the GP illustrated why he is probably the greatest riding talent of all time. Crutchlow certainly didn't look out of his depth.

Chappers
04-04-11, 07:20 PM
What a great race - far from boring!! ;D

I'm a Stoner man on the mighty H this season, but didn't see anything malicious in Rossi's move. The guy was carving past people so easily and he just took on too much with that last one. Racing incident. It's what makes it unpredictable and fun to watch.

The stewards were a disgrace though. Six ran straight over to Rossi, none to Stoner. Two reluctantly went over to Stoner, decided he could jump start the bike on his own so went back to Rossi!

Fair play to Stoner afterwards (albeit in front of the camera's). Great Aussie comment. Fortunately I have neither ambition nor talent! :-?

I am loving watching SSB this season.

Roll on Estoril! :)

Taylor911
04-04-11, 09:28 PM
Just watched the race.
Brill race!

Such a shame Simoncelli went down.