PDA

View Full Version : Wot do you think about this..

SupeRDel
05-04-11, 07:16 PM
Had this interesting email today…………….

Good Morning.

I am contacting you after seeing your name on the Internet that connects you to a vehicle club.
If you could forward this message to the appropriate members it would be much appreciated.

I am on the committee for the organization of the opening ceremony at the London Olympic in 2012. We are presently making plans of what to include in the opening ceremony on the 27th July 2012.

Presently the plan is to have a portion of the parade dedicated to the history of British transport since the last London Olympics in 1948 until 2012. Part of the parade will include a parade of notable historic vehicles from 1948 till 2012 including motorcycles.

A selection of various types of vehicles of recognizable historic note will have to be short-listed and then selected vehicles will be invited to attend a final selection weekend to be arranged in August. All travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed.

Selected vehicles and owners will need to attend a series of practice weekends early in 2012 before moving onto full rehearsals in mid June. Final dress rehearsals will be held from the 20th July onwards and the vehicles and owners need to be available for the whole of that period. All travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed.

The parade is planned to enter the stadium and to do a circuit around the stadium in front of the spectators before exiting again. I am sure it will also be a unique opportunity for any members of your club that is selected to take part in a ceremony in front of the eyes of the world.

Vehicles must be totally reliable and able to make the circuit at walking pace with no mechanical problems. Motorcycles may be carried on low level trailors with riders mounted on them.

Plans are still in their early days but we need to know if any of your club/members would like to participate.

Could you please get back to me within 7 days? I will then supply the link to the application form if members are interested.

Many thanks for your time.

Stephen Daldry
Well there ya go. I have already mailed back that we would be most certainly interested. I can’t imagine anyone would say no….

Anyone who wants the link to the application forms will need to PM me and I will send the link when I get it.

silly_simon
05-04-11, 07:19 PM
My bikes not a classic nor is it British :P :P

But sounds like a cool way to get you're bike/club some attention :)

Moo
05-04-11, 07:37 PM
Well mines British and I think it's a classic!

470four
05-04-11, 07:57 PM
"Presently the plan is to have a portion of the parade dedicated to the history of British transport since the last London Olympics in 1948 until 2012. Part of the parade will include a parade of notable historic vehicles from 1948 till 2012 including motorcycles."

Am confused - is he just after British bikes or a selection of "notable historic vehicles"?

(Goes on eBay for suitable Norton tank stickers for the Four) :D

Green Man
05-04-11, 08:01 PM
I have a YAMAHA XT500 now that's a classic [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Loops
05-04-11, 08:02 PM
Mine's getting on for historic, but it isn't British either ;D

What a cool thing to get to do though!

BB
05-04-11, 08:07 PM
Cool idea! But the chances of having something deemed suitable/pristine enough for selection is remote if this has gone out to all historic vehicle clubs.

Incidentally Bath Classic haven't had an invite :( ;D

BB

SupeRDel
05-04-11, 08:14 PM
Cool idea! But the chances of having something deemed suitable/pristine enough for selection is remote if this has gone out to all historic vehicle clubs.

Incidentally Bath Classic haven't had an invite :( ;D

BB

Thats because I posted this on the Aircooled RD club forum on April the 1st

I caught a few on there... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SupeRDel
05-04-11, 08:31 PM
I also got them with this........ :D

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/Delinshirt.jpg

Moo
05-04-11, 08:41 PM
:P