PDA

View Full Version : Good local chromer anyone?

470four
06-04-11, 09:50 AM
Hi all, I have a few small bike bits which need rechroming, does anyone know of somewhere local which will dip these? :)

Thorkill_The_Tall
06-04-11, 10:49 AM
Lightning Services on Hilperton Marsh Farm can get chrome plating done for you.
Not in house, he uses S&T over in Bristol, but it's the same price so saves you the petrol.

BB
08-04-11, 07:46 AM
We were discussing getting frames done at Bath Classic this week but no one mentioned chrome. I'll ask around.

BB

Jon_W
08-04-11, 07:53 AM
I've heard of S&T before. They are ment to be very, very good, but not the cheapest. But I supppose you get what you pay for.

470four
08-04-11, 11:13 AM
I've heard of S&T before. They are ment to be very, very good, but not the cheapest. But I supppose you get what you pay for.

Only have a few small bits to be done but they quoted me the minimum £50 costs to do them... :-?

Jon_W
08-04-11, 12:09 PM
I'll have a hunt, see if there is anything I need chroming. Anyone else want to make a batch up???

If that could be done, we'll divvy the cost up.

470four
08-04-11, 04:43 PM
I'll have a hunt, see if there is anything I need chroming. Anyone else want to make a batch up???

If that could be done, we'll divvy the cost up.

Could be good!

BB? :)

Loops
08-04-11, 10:05 PM
I've got a few bits in bad need of chroming, but I'd have to find a period when I don't actually need them......kinda hard to ride without wheels :-?

Thorkill_The_Tall
08-04-11, 11:19 PM

Only have a few small bits to be done but they quoted me the minimum £50 costs to do them... :-?

Fifty quid to de-chrome. de-copper, re-copper, re-chrome and polish - abosolute bargain.......

470four
09-04-11, 07:45 PM

Fifty quid to de-chrome. de-copper, re-copper, re-chrome and polish - abosolute bargain.......

- for two large washers and a nut?

Doubtful. ;)

Thorkill_The_Tall
10-04-11, 08:11 PM

Doubtful. ;)

By 'small items' I imagined it was footrests or a torque arm, or something.
Why on earth would you want to re-chrome two washers and a nut?! They probably quoted high to put you off.
Nip down to Stevens and get replacements in stainless and polish them up.

470four
10-04-11, 08:42 PM

Doubtful. ;)

By 'small items' I imagined it was footrests or a torque arm, or something.
Why on earth would you want to re-chrome two washers and a nut?! They probably quoted high to put you off.
Nip down to Stevens and get replacements in stainless and polish them up.

These are Honda parts, namely the rear sprocket retainer washer & circlip and are no longer made/available, hence the fuss... ;)