PDA

View Full Version : A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life.

ChrisJo
06-04-11, 04:47 PM
A MOTORCYLIST is fighting for his life after he collided with a van in Wroughton.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8955751.Biker_fights_for_life/

Who was this, really hope they pull through...

Chris

Hazel-nut
06-04-11, 05:04 PM
dosnt say anything about whos fault it was :-/
hope he/she pulls through :(

Uber Dave
06-04-11, 05:18 PM
I do hope he recovers.

But on a side note yet again I hate how the media reports on bike accidents,

following the collision on his 2300cc motorcycle at Brimble Hill on Monday evening.

Is there any need to quote the engine capacity? It had little to no bearing on the accident as a whole and they wouldnt do the same if two cars had an crash......

redken1
06-04-11, 05:35 PM
I do hope he recovers.

But on a side note yet again I hate how the media reports on bike accidents,

following the collision on his 2300cc motorcycle at Brimble Hill on Monday evening.

Is there any need to quote the engine capacity? It had little to no bearing on the accident as a whole and they wouldnt do the same if two cars had an crash......

More sad news - keeping fingers crossed the rider pulls through.

You are right Dave - why does most of the UK media adopt such a negative agenda when reporting on accidents involving bikes? Never appear to report on the engine capacity or power output of cars involved in accidents.

Scotty
06-04-11, 05:39 PM
They always put any slant that they can on a story - they'll never describe someone as a white protestant, but never decline the opportunity to define someone as black/asian/muslim etc. Most of the press are just gutter filth, especially the tabloids.. >:(

alanTDM
06-04-11, 05:41 PM
The only bike i can think of being that size engine is a Triumph Rocket 3,and totally agree with above there is no need to quote engine size.they didnt give the vans size etc
Lets hope he/she recovers ok

redken1
06-04-11, 06:35 PM
They always put any slant that they can on a story - they'll never describe someone as a white protestant, but never decline the opportunity to define someone as black/asian/muslim etc. Most of the press are just gutter filth, especially the tabloids.. >:(

Agree Scotty – don’t think it would be appropriate on this thread to have a swipe at a certain paper currently in the lens of the media, but I’ll offer up my views elsewhere.

Just to reiterate that I hope the biker makes a recovery.

silly_simon
06-04-11, 07:31 PM
I am sure I saw this bike in Westbury on Saturday just gone at the top of haynes road :o I am sure it was this one as I remember thinking good grief I wouldn't want to replace that size rear tyre :-?

And thought the sissy bar was really nice looking and both me and the wife said how much her step father would have loved one like that :(

Lets hope he/she makes a full recovery :)

Nelly
06-04-11, 10:34 PM
Hope the fella pulls though ok :(

BB
06-04-11, 10:41 PM
GWS

BB

Squashed_Fly
07-04-11, 09:17 AM
The media are ignorant tw@ts at times. I saw a headline once - 'Cocaine claims another life!!!'

The article was about a woman that had drunk nearly 2 bottles of vodka and fell out of a window. She just happened to have trace amounts of cocaine in her system so they said she probably thought she could fly because of it.

Nob heads

mcicy
07-04-11, 09:33 AM
Happened right outside our office, really hope the rider pulls through, we see way to many people crash on that corner, unfortunately we always hear them approach at speed and not see how sharp the corner is, and its even worse at the moment as they've only just laid a new road surface

Snowy
07-04-11, 10:18 AM
The media are ignorant tw@ts at times. I saw a headline once - 'Cocaine claims another life!!!'

The article was about a woman that had drunk nearly 2 bottles of vodka and fell out of a window. She just happened to have trace amounts of cocaine in her system so they said she probably thought she could fly because of it.

Nob heads

Surely the point is not whether she thought she could fly or not, more whether she would have still jumped out the window had she not drunk 2 bottles of Vodka and even the smallest amount of a class A drug? I doubt she would have IMO.

Jon_W
07-04-11, 11:33 AM
Happened right outside our office, really hope the rider pulls through, we see way to many people crash on that corner, unfortunately we always hear them approach at speed and not see how sharp the corner is, and its even worse at the moment as they've only just laid a new road surface

Ohh... that dosen't sound good....

GWS to whoever it is.

Sean.C
07-04-11, 05:17 PM
Not good [smiley=sad.gif] Hope he pulls through .

Spider1981
07-04-11, 06:29 PM
Hope he pulls through :o

bobf279
07-04-11, 10:52 PM
GWS

Loops
08-04-11, 10:10 PM
Never good news to hear - hope the rider recovers soon :(

Squashed_Fly
10-04-11, 01:50 AM

Nob heads

Surely the point is not whether she thought she could fly or not, more whether she would have still jumped out the window had she not drunk 2 bottles of Vodka and even the smallest amount of a class A drug? I doubt she would have IMO.

You're missing the point - the point is that the death was blamed on cocaine to sensationalise the headline, when in fact she'd just got too p155ed and fallen from the window.

The media pick the easy targets...

Anyway, I hope whoever this pulls through ok :-/

Snowy
11-04-11, 02:38 PM

Nob heads

You're missing the point - the point is that the death was blamed on cocaine to sensationalise the headline, when in fact she'd just got too p155ed and fallen from the window.

The media pick the easy targets...

Anyway, I hope whoever this pulls through ok :-/

Not missing the point at all, you made yours on the basis that the media sensationalise news stories. Well, thats been the case since the dawn of time - thats their job - to sell newspapers. My point was very simply that, in my opinion, she wouldn't have jumped (or simply fallen) out of the window had it not been for 2 litres of Vodka and small amounts of cocaine in her blood stream. I'm sure thats what her mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons or daughters would be saying.

I also fail to understand how its possible for someone to "just happen to have trace amounts of cocaine in their system"? It doesn't just happen - people make lifestyle choices and must live with the consequences.

Anyway, back to the original thread - get well soon fella!

Squashed_Fly
11-04-11, 04:48 PM
Ignorance is bliss I guess ;)

Snowy
11-04-11, 06:39 PM

Is that a statement based on fact? :-? Not just the newspapers who makes things up then. ;)

BB
11-04-11, 09:19 PM
At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic...

Has anyone heard who this is or how they are? :-?

BB

Squashed_Fly
12-04-11, 07:31 AM

Is that a statement based on fact? :-? Not just the newspapers who makes things up then. ;)

Been there, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt and now donated it to the charity shop. Experience is worth a million opinions. No trace (or large) amount of cocaine ever made someone think they could fly and therefore voluntarily jump from a window in the mistaken belief they had wings (neither did red bull for that matter).

However, 2 bottles of vodka would make someone so stupidly drunk they had no control over what they were doing and thus quite easily fall through a glass window, or out of an open one to their death. But if you want the science behind why that is true, by all means am happy to provide it for you? Let me kow and I'll PM you all the facts you need to save this topic veering any more off course ;)

Has anybody heard anything more about the chap in hospital? Do we know if he's recovering? Reading this, and other similar stories of late has really made me not care about how swelteringly hot it is n my leathers in the sun!

Snowy
12-04-11, 07:42 AM

Been there, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt and now donated it to the charity shop. Experience is worth a million opinions. No trace (or large) amount of cocaine ever made someone think they could fly and therefore voluntarily jump from a window in the mistaken belief they had wings (neither did red bull for that matter).

However, 2 bottles of vodka would make someone so stupidly drunk they had no control over what they were doing and thus quite easily fall through a glass window, or out of an open one to their death. But if you want the science behind why that is true, by all means am happy to provide it for you? Let me kow and I'll PM you all the facts you need to save this topic veering any more off course ;)

Has anybody heard anything more about the chap in hospital? Do we know if he's recovering? Reading this, and other similar stories of late has really made me not care about how swelteringly hot it is n my leathers in the sun!

You have missed the point again SF, but I would be happy to continue the debate if you wish so why don't you start another specific thread and you can enlighten us all?

BB
12-04-11, 07:50 AM
Agreed. SF start another thread for your debate please. Thanks

BB

Squashed_Fly
12-04-11, 08:10 AM
The point is, there is a guy (or girl) in hospital following a road accident.

Take it no-one has heard anything more then? Do hope they pull through ok. Hoping that no news is good news. :-/

virginie_morisot
12-04-11, 09:45 AM
wishing the inkured biker a good recovery .. :(

Davehsw
12-04-11, 03:43 PM
Wishing them all the best.