PDA

View Full Version : Leather jacket alterations anyone?

470four
07-04-11, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

I have an old Richa jacket in a size smaller for Summer wear, which this year is getting a bit tight...

I could diet/lay off beer, cider and chips & go out running - but too be honest this sounds about as much fun as Typhoid & I'd rather nailgun my happysack to a cactus. :D

Anybody on here do leather repairs/resizing etc?

Squashed_Fly
07-04-11, 11:41 AM
Try Cobra Leathers in Swindon...

Nelly
07-04-11, 12:11 PM
Hi all,

I have an old Richa jacket in a size smaller for Summer wear, which this year is getting a bit tight...

I could diet/lay off beer, cider and chips & go out running - but too be honest this sounds about as much fun as Typhoid & I'd rather nailgun my happysack to a cactus. :D

Anybody on here do leather repairs/resizing etc?

No idea fella, but loved the post ;D

470four
07-04-11, 12:16 PM
I aim to please, lol :D

Nico_babe
07-04-11, 12:17 PM
Im sure you made a couple of men cringe just at the thought of it.

LOL LOL LOL

Scaredy_Cat
07-04-11, 12:31 PM
Such a way with words ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sorry I can't help with the question, but thanks for the giggle 8-)

Moo
07-04-11, 05:32 PM
Basil gave me a number for a lady in Radstock who heavilly modified his leathers but unfortunately I lost it. You could always PM him to ask.

Jacde
07-04-11, 09:24 PM
here you go, info you require

Nicola, works from home and is top notch with bike leather alterations
01761 434230

Now put that nail gun down and go and have a chip butty ;D

Bornagain
07-04-11, 10:28 PM
Nice one Jackie, yeah, Nicola in Radstock (tel. no. above) is on the ball, got my leathers back yesterday and they fit like a glove, awesome work, wouldn't even know they'd been done.....Even the "wolf" is intact after she said they'd become "Olf's"!!
Definitely worth a call but bear in mind she's damn busy...but for a good reason ;)

bobf279
07-04-11, 10:42 PM
I may just be giving her a call too but for some shortening works like basil ;D

Moo
08-04-11, 07:29 AM
got my leathers back yesterday and they fit like a glove

Is that supposed to be a recommendation? ;) ;)

Nooj
08-04-11, 11:38 PM
got my leathers back yesterday and they fit like a glove

Is that supposed to be a recommendation? ;) ;)

I was at school with a lad who had five todgers. his underpants fitted him like a glove.

Vee4 Gaz
09-04-11, 08:39 AM
LMAO, What a great subject... Leather alterations ;D

Scotty
10-04-11, 11:46 AM
Hmmm, so the leather jacket in question appears to have done the old "shrink over winter" trick then (ALL leathers do this, it's true! ::)) ... When altering leathers, the trade always prefer to reduce rather than enlarge - reduction just means removing surplus material and re-stitching the panels back together, pretty obvious really. Enlarging is a whole different game and requires adding panels in and in doing so, adding more seams, which are the weak points on a garment and enlarged stuff will never fit as well as it used to... :(

Given the cost and aggravation involved it'd be worth having a Plan B - bike gear has never been cheaper so it may be worth considering cutting your losses and selling the jacket to someone that it fits, and just buying another one that fits you. GW have heaps of gear at knock-down prices, as do other dealers, and it's the BMF Rally next month too, always a good hunting ground for the sharp-eyed bargain spotter... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

pob06
15-04-11, 07:04 PM
I use a lady called cath in woodcote, runs a bike gear fix/alteration business out of garage, really helpful, enlarged trousers, fixed gloves, waistbands, replaced zips, currently repairing a rucksack and replacing an all round jktlt'sers zip for me and will shortly be working on my tech diving harness for me, I take kit to her explain problem suggest a solution and she makes it work/puts me right :-) 01491681143