PDA

View Full Version : hazard perception test

sqweaka
19-04-11, 07:11 PM
can somebody explain the best way forward for practicing for this part of the theory test... i seem to be ok on the question part

Dabz
19-04-11, 07:15 PM
there's a really good dvd and cd-rom you can buy or get from the library, or iphone apps and websites too :)

Uber Dave
19-04-11, 07:18 PM
I used the DVD which I got off amazon for £5, it has most the official ones on it as well as a whole load of others. Sold mine for £5 to another guy at work through our message board so worked out well as I passed!

Mark_Able
19-04-11, 07:36 PM
When it comes to practising with the cd, every time you spot a developing hazard, click once, leave it a second or two, then click again. Don't do anymore than three clicks, otherwise it'll think you're messing about, and you won't score anything.

wi77y
19-04-11, 07:44 PM
Borrow a CD off tina lol thanks tina still on it everyday it frezzing on few clips!lap top grr but still pass overall : )

sqweaka
19-04-11, 08:44 PM
the clips ive seen online and on a cd-rom i was given seem to tell you to click every time you spot a hazard! then again as it develops. is there just the one main hazard to spot? as i seem to be clicking every time i see someone walking a dog or a parked car on myside of the road i need to go round! this adds up to around10- 20 clicks a clip would i get a fail for that or should i hang on and wait till a guy runs out in to the road? or a car pulls out in front of me?

bobf279
19-04-11, 08:56 PM
10 to 20 clicks is way too many and the computer will suss that you aren't hazard spotting. No more than 5 clicks, there is usually at least 1 clip with 2 hazards

Loops
20-04-11, 10:04 PM
The official test will have 1 hazard per clip, except one clip which will have two - if you have a good CD to practice with it should be telling you all of this ;)

Whichever one I use has a useful feature of playing back the clips, showing you when the scoring window opens and closes - so I just studied the clips until I learnt what they classed as a hazard.

I used three clicks with a good few seconds between each:
1) for when I see it
2) for when a learner would see it
3) just to make sure I've not been too early on the others

Taylor911
20-04-11, 10:34 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Test-Success-Tests-2009/dp/B001AI7DCY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303335212&sr=8-2

This.
Brilliant, Its got me passed both car and bike theory.