PDA

View Full Version : Kerosene/Parafin shops?

Squashed_Fly
25-03-11, 10:38 AM
I want to get some Kerosene for cleaning my air filter, and some parrafin for cleaning the chain but none of the garages or DIY stores I've been to seem to sell it or know where I can get it.

Anybody know where I can get some from? What sort of price will I pay for a litre of each?

Muchos Gracias :D

Nooj
25-03-11, 11:00 AM
I'd have thought Scats would sell them. No idea on price.

Jacde
25-03-11, 11:06 AM
SF there's a hardware shop on the corner of Rodbourne Road and Linslade Street (not far from Artdeans) they might do paraffin.
We don't have a Scats that near to Swindon but there is a (I think) Countrywide/wise store on the old Cirencester Road (Spine Road jct) just past Latton

Nico_babe
25-03-11, 11:18 AM
There is a Scats in Newbury just by Sainsburys :)

Scotty
25-03-11, 01:48 PM
I got some parafin in B&Q for the Tranja stove I use when camping. Didn't cost much...

Squashed_Fly
25-03-11, 02:36 PM
I asked in there and they said they didn't have any. Actually it might have been homebase... I'll see

Rossio
26-03-11, 07:55 AM
If you want me to pick you some up from Davis diy Il go up town n get it and bring it with me this morning

Squashed_Fly
26-03-11, 06:10 PM
Damn, only just saw this Ross! But if you can next time you come over, a litre or 2 of each would be great :)

Flying Half-Dutchman
27-03-11, 09:46 AM
All the DIY shops sell it. They sell it as fuel for greenhouse heaters. Have a look in the garden section. The last time I bought some, I got it from Homebase.

Squashed_Fly
28-03-11, 09:03 AM
I did ask in Homebase, but they said no. Mind you, the spotty teenager that served me looked like he might not even be able to find his own arse in an emergency, let alone a bottle of parrafin in the whole store!

On the plus side, I managed to get some on Sunday as I happened to be going past a countrywide store in Ledbury so stopped in.

4lts for £8.

Nooj
22-04-11, 12:14 AM
I noticed some 5 litre tubs of it for sale with the kindling and charcoal at the Sainsburys petrol station in Newbury the other day.

Taylor911
22-04-11, 12:07 PM
We sell Parafin at my work, but thats in bedfordshire so you probably wont want to travel that far for just a bottle of it..