PDA

View Full Version : The Bike Experience - charity track day

Honda_Star
20-04-11, 10:35 PM
Well, it was the first charity track day for the Bike Experience (the charity I have helped set up with Talan Skeels-Piggins..see this Link (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1303060586)) for more information)

The day went really well. It almost brought a tear to my eye when Scott (our first paraplegic student) pulled away on the bike for the first time since his accident which left him paralysed. He came back with the biggest grin I have ever seen!

I managed to arrange coverage with ITV, but Scott managed to keep cool under the pressure! If you want to take a look..you can view the news article here (you may have seen it on the news earlier this evening!)

Here is a Link (http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/back-in-the-saddle68289/) to the footage

I will post some pics up soon.

If anyone has any spare kit they wouldn't mind donating we would be really grateful. Gloves, Leathers, Boots, undamaged helmets - all sizes are welcome and we can get the kit professionally cleaned too. Thank you !! :-*

Beamer
20-04-11, 10:50 PM
What a fantastic thing to be a part of.....well done Star and the whole team....an even bigger well done to Scott. :) :)

Could we not organise a charity ride on here to raise some cash for this brilliant charity??

A donation (money or items of much needed bike 'kit') in exchange for a planned ride somewhere.......not too hard to organise??

Ideas and suggestions?? :-? :-? :-?

Morticia
21-04-11, 03:46 PM
Well done Star, the world really could do with more people like you.

Nelly
21-04-11, 06:26 PM
Big lump in the throat. Well done Star. :)

Nelly
21-04-11, 06:28 PM
We have a few bits of unused kit around here. Would love to donate some of it. Want me to get it over to you some time?

Sean.C
21-04-11, 08:25 PM
Star , I've got a set of 2 piece leathers you can have . I was going to sell them but would rather they went to a good cause . Send me a PM to arrange collection / delivery .

Honda_Star
21-04-11, 09:26 PM
awww you guys are the BEST!!! We are really really grateful for any donations and it certainly is a worthy cause. I don't want to put anyone out of their way so if Stacey & Basil are ok with it - you can drop them off there (if you pass that way) and I will pick them up. Alternatively please PM me your details chaps, and I will come and collect them at a time that suits you :) :) :) :) :)

Honda_Star
21-04-11, 09:28 PM
Not sure if the earlier link works so I here it is:-

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/back-in-the-saddle68289/

redken1
21-04-11, 09:34 PM
Truely inspirational

Nooj
21-04-11, 10:18 PM
We have some kit here we don't need. It's a bit shabby, so you may not want it, but it's here if you're interested. Maybe come and have a look at it after Easter?

CharleyX
21-04-11, 10:31 PM
Great bit of filming, what an inspiration to all :)
Well done Star hope you get some sponsorship out of it.

StreetHippo
22-04-11, 10:46 AM
Star: I've got a lid and gloves you can have, they'll need a clean but you can have them, never been in an "off" so should be fine, can deliver if you let me know where?
Will understand if it's not up to scratch but would like to help.

Stu

Honda_Star
22-04-11, 11:21 AM
Star: I've got a lid and gloves you can have, they'll need a clean but you can have them, never been in an "off" so should be fine, can deliver if you let me know where?
Will understand if it's not up to scratch but would like to help.

Stu

Perfect thanks stu . Can get stuff cleaned so that's no problem at all ! I can collect them from h&c or polebarn or can come to you? I live in swindon - I have said to anyone that has been kind enough to offer kit that I don't want to put them out of their way so am happy to collect :)

Honda_Star
22-04-11, 11:33 AM
We have some kit here we don't need. It's a bit shabby, so you may not want it, but it's here if you're interested. Maybe come and have a look at it after Easter?
Great thanks nooj ! If you pm what you have got I am sure it will be fine ! ! Really grateful - can come to you in Newbury whenever is a good time for you :)

Nelly
25-04-11, 05:09 PM
awww you guys are the BEST!!! We are really really grateful for any donations and it certainly is a worthy cause. I don't want to put anyone out of their way so if Stacey & Basil are ok with it - you can drop them off there (if you pass that way) and I will pick them up. Alternatively please PM me your details chaps, and I will come and collect them at a time that suits you :) :) :) :) :)

Helena
Next time i go to the polbarn in the motor i'll take some bits over for basil to poss on. :)