PDA

View Full Version : Test Preperation!

NoYou
21-04-11, 09:37 PM
Right well as i suddenly have quite a lot of time on my hands... >:(, i may as well put it to good use!
What sort of things can you do without going on any official training courses or anything to prepare for your test? I have a general idea of what the test involves but don't really know how to prepare for it.
The theory and hazard perception i should be ok with but I can't seem to find a definitive list of what is involved, what your expected to do and what the examiner is looking for etc. etc. during the off-road or on-road part of the test.

thanks in advance
Geo

Mark_Able
21-04-11, 09:52 PM
If you go on Utube, you'll find a few vids of people doing the Mod 1, some of which are quite good. As regards Mod 2, you can't really do any preparation without an instructor. You need someone to explain either where you could improve, or where you're going wrong... :-/ :)

wi77y
22-04-11, 11:40 PM
I used this to set up my own lil session somewhere quite e.g. trading east weekend

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n470/PAULED_photos/module_1_left_circuit.jpg

Toph
22-04-11, 11:57 PM
My advice to you Geo, as a person who took his test very recently, is to give Mark Able a ring,"Able Motorcycle Training" , he'll train you, and show you what you need to know ,money well spent buddy!! :)
you'll have no problem, you ride that Aprilia well!! 8-)

SueZX4
26-04-11, 11:41 PM
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!! The Module 1 circuit!!! I've had nightmares about that!!! It was 3rd time lucky for me - first time failed for only making 48kmph through the speed trap for the avoidence, second failure, fair enough knocked a cone over. I was actually upset to learn inbetween attempts 1 and 2 that the law is changing as from 16th May to make Mod 1 easier - 5% leniency on the speed, no more controlled stopping in the blue box etc etc... that said, 5% leniency, I would probably have failed my 3rd attempt for going too fast... 55kmph so I really shouldn't grumble!!

If I hadn't been at the test centre on those days, I would never have met "beamer" and joined this amazing site!

Any tips for Mod 2 would be appreciated! It looms ever closer......

Loops
30-04-11, 04:53 PM
Get hold of a bike and practice practice practice - and don't forget to practice just riding about and experiencing riding and handling the bike :)

My test prep was to buy a bike and ride it for 6 months to and from work - in between I laid out sections of the Mod 1 test and practised them for hours at a time too, but just riding the bike for 20 miles a day helped.
I only had 2 days of official training on top of my own riding to polish up and passed all sections first time :)