PDA

View Full Version : Found a great road!!

StreetHippo
22-04-11, 04:07 PM
Found a great road by accident lastnight, coming back from the ferry I ended up in Petersfield (don't ask), the A272 from there to Winchester is as twisty as a twisty thing 8-)
It's proper lush!!!! Bit of a ride but there are lots of pubs at the other end, possible destination for a ride??

Stu

R1chie
22-04-11, 04:38 PM
The A272 used to be an immense road.

Been along there a few times to Loomies and scenic routes to Boxhill.

A bit over policed and speed restricted these days though

Snowy
22-04-11, 04:39 PM
yeh Loomies cafe is down that road so would be a good rideout destination. :)

Edit: Richie just got there before me. ;D

Jacde
22-04-11, 04:41 PM
Was going to ask is that where Loomies is?
Did the road in Feb from Loomies to Winchester after coming down from Newbury, twas nice [smiley=thumbup.gif]

StreetHippo
22-04-11, 05:29 PM
Thought I recognised the top bit!! It was dark :-[

Bottom bit looks fun though!

Stu 8-)

Roxy
23-04-11, 08:58 PM
Found a great road by accident lastnight, coming back from the ferry I ended up in Petersfield (don't ask), the A272 from there to Winchester is as twisty as a twisty thing 8-)
It's proper lush!!!!

Stu

You bumpkin! ;D ;D bless ya!

Roxy xx

StreetHippo
23-04-11, 11:53 PM
Cheeky moo ;)

Really think this could make a great day out though?

Stu 8-)

Richzx10r
24-04-11, 10:28 AM
Did that stretch of road a few weeks back on my way to loomies.Approx 11 miles between winchester and loomies.There were 2 camera vans and also a bike cop checking speeds.Take it easy along that bit of road peeps.

suet
24-04-11, 12:44 PM
Is a regular haunt for alot of bikes, so yes is heavily policed at times.
Pop down there for coffee and a spin out now and again, is a lovely ride and nowt wrong with taking in the scenery for a change ;)

Jon_W
24-04-11, 06:45 PM
The A272 is a legend!! and the police know it!! Keep you speed down, enjoy th tunnel, and wonder at the corners.

pob06
25-05-11, 01:33 PM
Great road, top route for a day out to Brighton to hack off the seafront merry go round owners by riding on it in full leathers trying to get your knee down (not that I've ever tried that naturally ;) ) :D ;D

Try the Loomies Clunk (IIRC the name correct) for lunch, big plate of cheesey chips, ham and other stuff om nom nom (best not have brekkie though)

Bit of a pain to get the timing right in the summer to avoid the caravans/grockles and hoards of cages etc.

Plenty of places to have fun but plenty of places to get it wrong too.

Hmm might have to go play this weekend now... ;D

Davey
26-05-11, 08:12 PM
Or you could carry on a bit from Petersfield to my pad and then we can go to Southsea (or I could fire up the BBQ) - some great roads down here!

Nooj
28-05-11, 05:40 PM
Follow it all the way to Ansty and stop for something to eat at the pub on the roundabout, then turn around and come back.

Winchester to Loomies is only a tint tiny part of it and not even the best bit.

Ryan
29-05-11, 01:12 AM
I ride that road all the time to loomies, theres another bit of it that goes to basingstoke which i think is the 339 then joins the 272, really nice roads.

jpssantos
29-05-11, 08:14 PM
The A272 is brilliant, used to ride it every friday a few years back, from newbury to Brighton as I was seeing someone that lived close to Brighton...

still ride it on some Wednesdays down to Loomies, and then from Loomies up to Alton and then Basingstoke... cracking ride

Nooj
29-05-11, 08:35 PM
Alton to Basingstoke is the A339, different road. Still a good one though if you can catch it free of traffic, otherwise it's pants as it's got double white lines for nearly the whole length of it.

jpssantos
29-05-11, 08:37 PM
yeh I know, just mentioned its a good road, i know the A272 runs all the way to the coast as I used to ride it every friday :)

the A339 is a good road to come back up if you dont have time to ride the A272 all the way down.
double whites? where? lol :-X

jaagsxr
30-05-11, 09:15 PM
I got a section 59 on that road !!! :'(

Ryan
30-05-11, 09:33 PM
why dose that no surprise me lol

jpssantos
30-05-11, 10:15 PM
on which road? the one from Alton to Bstoke?

know loads of people that have told me the police is usually around but I used to do that road very often to go to the Alton caf meet and never came across a cop there...

the A272 is a different story, have seen them there a few times

Ryan
30-05-11, 10:44 PM
Both of them roads have cops, we normally do the Basingstoke Alton then the A272, cops all the way along, speed vans the lot so be careful ;)

Dave_R1
30-05-11, 11:14 PM
Awesome road, ridden it many times :)