PDA

View Full Version : IOM TT TV Coverage

YMFB
01-06-11, 07:01 PM
http://www.itv.com/sport/isleofmantt/default.html

RichTT
01-06-11, 08:30 PM
Was just about to post this.....but you beat me to it!

Last Train
01-06-11, 08:52 PM
I caught the 2nd half of Murray Walker last night.
He offered a fascinating insight into TT history.
Excellent stuff

8-) 8-)

Nokesy
01-06-11, 08:55 PM
Is in my Sky + box awaiting viewing - glad it was good :) Ian Hutchinson the previous night was good also :)

Dabz
01-06-11, 10:03 PM
bugger, had 3 things set to record at 9 and the TT lost the scrap :(

Nokesy
01-06-11, 10:10 PM
[quote author=Dabz link=1306951303/4#4 date=1306962233]bugger, had 3 things set to record at 9 and the TT lost the scrap :([/quote)

Was one of those Corrie??!! ;D You can tell us, your secret will be safe!!

Dabz
01-06-11, 10:11 PM
lol no - the apprentice & 24 Hours in A&E :/

Moo
01-06-11, 10:15 PM
bugger, had 3 things set to record at 9 and the TT lost the scrap :(

Think you might be able to watch it on t'internet but could easilly be wrong :-)

wiltshire builders
01-06-11, 11:18 PM
I caught the 2nd half of Murray Walker last night.
He offered a fascinating insight into TT history.
Excellent stuff

8-) 8-)
I enjoyed it the first 3 times I watched it. ITV4 are certainly getting their moneys worth.

YMFB
03-06-11, 07:09 PM
If you like it on the TV, make sure you go and experience it, not just the racing but the whole thing !

wiltshire builders
04-06-11, 02:09 PM
If you like it on the TV, make sure you go and experience it, not just the racing but the whole thing !

Booked the ferry tickets for 2012 yesterday :)

YMFB
05-06-11, 09:09 AM
where are you planning to stay, if camping I can give you some examples of where not to stay :-) of course it depends on what you want. Germans/Dutch/Belgians revving their bikes up outside your tent at 3am are available at many places:-( But there are better places.

Col
05-06-11, 10:50 AM
;D many moons ago I kipped on the bike in a bus shelter just down from a pub on a straight [highwayman???can't remember lol] but I was very drunk :)

See McGuinness is on another level and Guy Martin was already 20 secs adrift when he conked out in 2nd. Yeah good stuff ITV4 and some amazing slomo shots :)

StreetHippo
05-06-11, 10:02 PM
Klaffy and Sayle are proper mental :o

Stu

wiltshire builders
06-06-11, 07:51 AM
where are you planning to stay, if camping I can give you some examples of where not to stay :-) of course it depends on what you want. Germans/Dutch/Belgians revving their bikes up outside your tent at 3am are available at many places:-( But there are better places.
I think we'll give the revy Europeans a miss. A friend of a friend of a friend owns a couple of hotels so we should be able to at least get our heads down for a bit.
I've never been before so any advice will be more than welcome.

Bornagain
06-06-11, 08:32 AM
AAAAAhhh

I cant seem to find the Dainese superbike race on itv player from 4th June

HELP

It's listed but the episode i watch doesn't contain the race....just lots of waffle!!

Dabz
06-06-11, 08:42 AM
the show waffled for the first 15 mins ish and then showed the race...did you wait that long?

Bornagain
06-06-11, 09:12 AM
the show waffled for the first 15 mins ish and then showed the race...did you wait that long?

Yeah
We've watched the whole blimmin thing through about 3 times now just in case we had a "jump" on itv player but it's just not there! Anyone else having problems with itv player??

Jon_W
06-06-11, 10:31 AM
Watrched the sidecars... that was a good race. Then fell asleep!!! :o Darn!

simongpz
07-06-11, 06:24 PM
watched the 600 race last night was stoped after first lap one of the riders was killed in a crash race was started again but it was a bit sad watching knowing someone had died

Nokesy
07-06-11, 06:30 PM
watched the 600 race last night was stoped after first lap one of the riders was killed in a crash race was started again but it was a bit sad watching knowing someone had died

Oh no..... I recorded it, have just watched Sunday's sidecar race and was going to watch the 600 race next... I'm glad you posted this.... am now prepared :( How very sad :( RIP Who was it?

Scaredy_Cat
07-06-11, 06:36 PM
Watching it at the moment :(

BB
07-06-11, 06:38 PM
Three racers so far; driver & passenger of a sidecar during a practise session and the solo racer yesterday.

Then there are another four TT visitors to the island who won't be riding home.

The police describe it as 'about average for TT fortnight so far' :(

The racers know the risk and make their choice. The visitors? Well I can't comment on the accidents as I do not know the circumstances but sometimes you are amazed how much 'inappropriate' riding you see at the Manx and I'm told the TT is worse.

BB

Nokesy
07-06-11, 06:45 PM
Solor rider was Derek Brien, 34 yr old Irish rider, is very sad, but as you rightly point out Judy, they know the risks and make their own choice. That aside, am really enjoying the coverage - the racing is awesome and really brings Steve McQueen's famous line alive ... 'racing is life, everything before and after is just waiting' :)

Col
07-06-11, 07:57 PM
Mad Sunday isn't it called due to accidents?

Wonder how long, in this day 'n age, before it is banned as an unsuitable 'track'.

Look at all the safety stuff involved with proper tracks and even been known for 'competitors' to refuse to participate on safety grounds.

Even suspect right now someone is on the case

Scotty
07-06-11, 11:46 PM
Nobody needs to refuse to ride there, they all do it because they want to. Barry Sheene led the moves to strip the TT of its British GP status in 1975, therefore taking away any element of compulsion to ride there, and it's now a stand-alone event in its own right and riders choose whether or not to race there. Let's be thankful for the independent spirit of the Manx people and their own government, and hope that they manage to resist the interfering "do-gooders" and safety nazis who are hell bent on stopping everyone that they can from enjoying themselves... >:( >:( >:(

Squashed_Fly
08-06-11, 12:27 AM
The TT is one of my 'I will do one year' things. Always wanted to go. I have huge amounts of respect for the guys that put their lives on the line for our entertainment.