PDA

View Full Version : best sunday ride i ever had

simongpz
26-06-11, 10:59 PM
me and sue left bristol at 9am went round the ring road then after quick fuel stop went down the a420 to chippenham then the a4 to newbury and a short bit of the a34 to the services
the point of this ride was to meet my dad for the first time in 30 years
i was very young when him and mum split up so it was like we had never meet before spent 4 hours there with him then back home down the a4 onto a420 then turned off to stop at the sally for a quick pint on the way back home :) :) :) :)

NoYou
26-06-11, 11:05 PM
Damn! That's one hell of a finishing point for a ride! Must have been a good day!
Geo

SueZX4
26-06-11, 11:15 PM
aww bless!! it was emotional all round. A really good day with a really chilled out ride to Newbury and back. All good - but I will never take the P*** about the GPZ losing engine parts enroute - it was my gear lever that fell off at Hambrook traffic lights!!! The Sally is beginning to feel like a close port-of-call to home, even if 45mins ride after.. although, even the H&C isn't too far now we've done it a few times - it's what you get used to! Loves it! :D

SueZX4
27-06-11, 09:03 AM
ps, was poignant as the brother of a good friend was tragically killed in a nasty car accident Wednesday night (2 people killed, 3 seriously injured) so really makes you appreciate family all the more.