PDA

View Full Version : Debris In the Road

AndyPV
26-07-11, 10:26 AM
Hi All

On Thursday last week, I hit a metal ramp left in the outside carrigeway on the M4 by a Tranist Van towing a Trailer which left the contents of said trailer all over the carrigeway. Sprint ST not even a month old and front wheel wrecked :'(. I have passed all details on to insurance company, nothing back as yet, has anyone any experiance of this type of accident ?

At least I stayed Rubber side up :)

NoYou
26-07-11, 10:34 AM
When you say your front wheel is wrecked, is it the tyre, a buckled wheel or what? :S also did the van stop? If the van stopped and you have his details I would think his insurance should cover it if not then not too sure, if its a case of getting a new front tyre or claiming on YOUR insurance I would just get the new tyre myself save your premium going up, which I'm sure it would!

wiggy
26-07-11, 10:41 AM
Glad your ok the bike can be fixed or replaced ,never had it so far ,just punctures at high speed there as bad as i have had in my 30 years of riding .Hope all is sorted soon .

AndyPV
26-07-11, 10:42 AM
Hi G3o

The front wheel is buckled, I hope the Forks etc are okay. I passed on the details of the Van etc to insurance company. The highway agency delt with it so there is a report. I am just wondering what loophole they may try and use to get out of paying. I have not had to go through the insurance process before.

NoYou
26-07-11, 11:10 AM
To be honest it sounds pretty cut and dry, he hadn't secured his load properly and caused damage to your bike as a result I wouldn't think there will be a problem just keep nagging your insurance company, and I mean call them twice a day to see what's happening, if you do it will get sorted in no time, if you just leave them to it, then you'll probably still be hanging arround in 2 months time. Also if its anything like my insurance company they put you on to a solicitor immediately, if they do then make sure you send any letters etc. To both the solicitors AND your insurance company. I made the mistake of only talking to the solicitors and my insurance company paid out without even consulting me, when I was more than happy to take the matter to court and had a huge list of reasons it was the other persons fault pulled from the highway code!

AndyPV
26-07-11, 06:20 PM
Thanks G3o