PDA

View Full Version : Calne Show 2011 - The Results!

Dabz
24-07-11, 12:32 PM
First of all thanks to everyone who came and supported the club at Calne yesterday. It's always great to see a real buzz around our stand!

We raised £64 yesterday which goes towards the running of the club - well under half that we've managed in previous years but having spoken to most of the traders takings we're down across the board, and times are tough so thanks to everyone who made a donation or played the games :)

And now for the winners!

The win the sweets competition was one by a passer-by who, despite saying he was on his way, didn't ever collect them! The next closest was our very own Bonnielass, so Rosie - I will get the sweets to you ASAP :)
The number of sweets was 183!

The "what is it" competition was won by 470four who correctly guessed every single item! Obviously a complete bike-bit nerd mate, well done! Will PM you about your prize, which is a WB tshirt

Thanks to Colin for creating and marking the quiz!

Nooj
24-07-11, 05:25 PM
Was a good day out, even being sat in my gazebo all day. Non stop sound of bikes going past, talking to people about bikes and bike stuff. Still made a loss (always do at these things, pitch fees are extortionate), but it was better than staying at home.

BB
24-07-11, 05:34 PM
Hope you are going to publish the pics & identity of the bike parts as several were beyond us! :-[

BB

470four
24-07-11, 05:58 PM
First of all thanks to everyone who came and supported the club at Calne yesterday. It's always great to see a real buzz around our stand!

We raised £64 yesterday which goes towards the running of the club - well under half that we've managed in previous years but having spoken to most of the traders takings we're down across the board, and times are tough so thanks to everyone who made a donation or played the games :)

And now for the winners!

The win the sweets competition was one by a passer-by who, despite saying he was on his way, didn't ever collect them! The next closest was our very own Bonnielass, so Rosie - I will get the sweets to you ASAP :)
The number of sweets was 183!

The "what is it" competition was won by 470four who correctly guessed every single item! Obviously a complete bike-bit nerd mate, well done! Will PM you about your prize, which is a WB tshirt

Thanks to Colin for creating and marking the quiz!

Yay! Bike bits is as bike bits does... :D :D :)

Vic
24-07-11, 06:13 PM
A great day, even if I didn't win the sweeties...thank you to all at WB for your part in making the day :)

Bonnielass
24-07-11, 06:43 PM
Oh! Fancy winning all those sweets! Just what I need!! ;D

Chappers
24-07-11, 07:12 PM
I reckon Hazel ate 9 of the sweets since I made my guess :(

Loops
24-07-11, 07:20 PM
Oh! Fancy winning all those sweets! Just what I need!! ;D

I'm sure you could find some volunteers to help you dispose of them ;D

Beamer
24-07-11, 08:31 PM
Hope you are going to publish the pics & identity of the bike parts as several were beyond us! :-[
BB

Will do my best BB.

i have no proper broadband at the mo so will talk to our wonderful, technological boss and see if he can help out (might take a day or 2 lol) and the wonderful Colin of course, (who supplied the pics and marked the forms)

:) :) :) :) :)

470four
24-07-11, 08:46 PM
Colin / Beamer (Pants-on-head):

Competition two - post pics of the parts / tools labeled A,B,C,D etc, also the answers in random order labeled 1,2,3,4,5 etc

Object is to match the tools/parts to the answers?

First correct answer wins a litre of tartan paint / a left-hand threaded screwdriver.

Jon_W
25-07-11, 08:02 AM
Oh dear sounds like someone has spent too long looking at motorbike bits..... ;D ;D ;D

Glad all had a good day. :)

470four
25-07-11, 11:30 AM
Oh dear sounds like someone has spent too long looking at motorbike bits..... ;D ;D ;D

Glad all had a good day. :)

Just most of my life, lol! :D

Did you go, Jon?

Jon_W
25-07-11, 01:08 PM
No.... Was in Kent.... the beutiful Isle of Sheppy!!!!

Would have like to go though!! Maybe next year.

470four
25-07-11, 01:59 PM
No.... Was in Kent.... the beutiful Isle of Sheppy!!!!

Would have like to go though!! Maybe next year.

Top day, mate! LOTS of bikes... :)

Mark_Able
25-07-11, 09:27 PM
Didn't make it, due to kids and summer holidays, and stuff not going right in the morning. Wasted a bloody day off... >:(

Dabz
25-07-11, 09:34 PM
We had your leaflets on the stand anyway mate, I managed to give a couple out

Mark_Able
25-07-11, 09:36 PM
We had your leaflets on the stand anyway mate, I managed to give a couple out

Thanks very much mate... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Does that mean I owe you a... [smiley=beer.gif]

Dabz
26-07-11, 08:03 AM
Never one to turn down a pint :P Hopefully I'll get Hazel signed up for her test before the end of the summer too, think she's just deciding whether to do the 125 one or the bigger one at the mo!

Maz
26-07-11, 10:12 PM
Was nice seeing the bike ride passed me going to the how was just miffed I could join!