PDA

View Full Version : my ride out yesterday

NiteW4tcher
27-07-11, 10:28 AM
after fitting my new tyre yesterday me and the mrs went out for a nice ride down to weymouth.

real nice weather , shame it was ruined on 4 differnet occasions

1... a boy racer over takes me in a 30 , he then proceeds to miss a parked bus by mm's, as i catch up with him stuck in traffic i stop at his window to find him texting, i opened my viosr and shouted OI MATE YOUR A Fing Wa**er his face was of pure shock he didnt even know i was there, so fixed on his phone. and my bike is exactly quiet!!

2.....a old man pulls straight out of a junction he never looked and didnt see me......he was inches from wiping my front wheel out, so he got the horn and the finger >:(

3.. on way home following a car she pulls over....which i assumed was to let me past, as i get along side her she starts to drift back towards me, i had no option but to nail it and get past her..........she was also on the phone.

4.... a car towing a trailer throws a bucket off the trailer straight at me >:(.....missed me by inches.

overall i hate people ;D

i get little wound up , but when i have my girl on the back i really get worked up.

but it was good to get out again :)

Dan

Squashed_Fly
27-07-11, 10:49 AM
so he got the horn and the finger

Sounds like a good night in! ;D ;D ;D

Hazel-nut
27-07-11, 11:26 AM
thats really bad luck to have all of that happen in 1 ride! glad you didnt get knocked off though and you're hear to tell the tale

jpssantos
27-07-11, 01:27 PM
point 3 - never assume they are letting you past unless you make eye contact and you are sure they have seen you and are indeed letting you past

Jon_W
27-07-11, 01:38 PM
Bu**er!!! Bad ride!!! :(

NiteW4tcher
27-07-11, 02:16 PM
point 3 - never assume they are letting you past unless you make eye contact and you are sure they have seen you and are indeed letting you past

point taken on board :) assumptions can lead to bad things

Rabb
27-07-11, 02:54 PM
I have been driving cars, vans, trucks and 4x4's for about 28 years.
I don't trust any other driver on or off road.
I used to be a regional manager where I would cover between 50000 / 70000 miles per year and I have seen the best and worst of what drivers can do on the roads in all weather conditions.
Sorry to hear you had 4 incidents in one night.
Next time I bet it will be incident free!
Rabb

Maz
27-07-11, 05:00 PM
That is unlucky but in a way ur lucky if that makes sense...

My girl is really good for bikers and always let's them passed! Se always double checks her blind spots!

My grandad always used to say if you treat all drivers like bleeps (swearing word) and your the best on the road you can't go to wrong!