PDA

View Full Version : Sp engineering in frome

smellygerm
02-08-11, 05:53 PM
Just popped in and got a great deal on a new set of cans , I can't stress enough how helpful and understanding this company is , they take a personal interest in every individual bike, taking time to find the best look for you and your bike . They also sell lots of bike bits to personalise your bike. They are also very reasonably priced , infact for the service and product you get it's bloody cheap.
I shall go nowhere eles now , support your local firms I say , a small business with big standards
[smiley=thumbsup.

Rossio
02-08-11, 06:05 PM
makes a nice change to hear a good report about a firm, il certainly check them out

Nelly
02-08-11, 06:49 PM
ooh nice Rad covers! 8-)

Nooj
02-08-11, 10:26 PM
VIRUS WARNING!!!

I clicked on the link and my AV stopped the page from opening, naming a known trojan that tried to install itself!

@bj
02-08-11, 10:29 PM
Virus warning: - Yeah - I got that as well...

Nooj
02-08-11, 10:31 PM
Smelly, it may be worth letting them know about this, get them to run a virus check on their company machines.

JS/Kryptik.BM trojan is the name of the potential nasty.

Same for anyone else that's clicked on the link. Better safe than infected with something nasty :o

Toph
02-08-11, 10:34 PM
I clicked the link and an" exploit programme" was detected by security essentials, described as a severe threat. :o :o :o
do not click on the link.

Green Man
02-08-11, 10:36 PM
No probs for me ;) ;) Are you guy’s running XP as they have stopped realising any more security updates a few months ago [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
02-08-11, 10:48 PM
Nope, Vista.

ESET NOD32 AV picked it up, seems to be by far the best AV I've used yet, picks up stuff Norton and AVG (AGV??) have both missed.

Green Man
02-08-11, 10:57 PM
I all ways use Kaspersky I would never give any more money to Symantec after they were found guilty of putting viruses into there software a few years ago ;D

@bj
02-08-11, 10:59 PM
I used to pay for McAffee - but got dissilusioned when it wouldn't deal with a virus I could see in my process list.

I switched to MicroSoft Essentials - (free) which has been totally quiet for the last 2 months since I've had it - until I clicked on this link...

smellygerm
02-08-11, 11:59 PM
Took it off just incase worked fine on the iPad though

Jon_W
03-08-11, 08:01 AM
I would scan you I-Pad, just is case.

Dabz
03-08-11, 08:31 AM
ipads don't get viruses - this is another reason why apple are awesome :D

worked fine on my ipad too..virus warning on the pc though

@bj
03-08-11, 11:32 AM
If your requirement is for a computer with a non user accessable file system - and you're happy to pay any price for any program you may want to run on it as the only programs you can install on it have to be purchased from apple - then hoo yaa - apple are awesome...

Dabz
03-08-11, 11:39 AM
yup - all the above plus no crashes, no deterioration in system speed over time, no threat from viruses or spyware, no constant security and bug patches and fixes for the operating system, better performance from the OS and software than windows would on equivalent hardware...

plus once you jailbreak the file system is accessible, plus you open up a world of free and non-apple applications

Nelly
03-08-11, 12:01 PM
yup - all the above plus no crashes, no deterioration in system speed over time, no threat from viruses or spyware, no constant security and bug patches and fixes for the operating system, better performance from the OS and software than windows would on equivalent hardware...

plus once you jailbreak the file system is accessible, plus you open up a world of free and non-apple applications

Nope. Lost me there :question :question :question :question :question ::)

Dabz
03-08-11, 12:02 PM
it's the voice of someone who's had to support business systems running mainly microsoft operating systems for over 10 years :P

Jon_W
03-08-11, 12:05 PM

Nope. Lost me there :question :question :question :question :question ::)

And me.... can I fix it with a hammer???? :-?

@bj
03-08-11, 12:32 PM

...including viruses... oops.

FJ_Biker
03-08-11, 02:05 PM
If your requirement is for a computer with a non user accessable file system - and you're happy to pay any price for any program you may want to run on it as the only programs you can install on it have to be purchased from apple - then hoo yaa - apple are awesome...

I must admit I am not an Apple fan just use Linux it’s open source free and will run on the majority of hardware old and new.

jonnydangerous
03-08-11, 02:35 PM
so, this SP Engineering are good guys? nice to see in an age where you expect to get ripped off all the time..

do they have a shop? might be worth asking for WB Discount or paying the shop a visit on a WB Rideout???.....

lets support them if theyre genuine good guys :-)

smellygerm
03-08-11, 04:10 PM
so, this SP Engineering are good guys? nice to see in an age where you expect to get ripped off all the time..

do they have a shop? might be worth asking for WB Discount or paying the shop a visit on a WB Rideout???.....

lets support them if theyre genuine good guys :-)

There just about to expand ,it's more of a unit selling stock online but I'm sure they wouldn't mind a visit , ring first I would suggest

Rossio
03-08-11, 05:14 PM
so dabz how doyou jailbreak an ipad???

Dabz
03-08-11, 09:35 PM
Depends what firmware you're on - I used jailbreakme.com for mine. Handy to have the extra apps and functionality

Nooj
03-08-11, 10:51 PM
Can you get a 'fabricate exhaust' app for the iPad? ;D

jonnydangerous
04-08-11, 07:47 AM
if we visited on a rideout and said hi (and got a free cuppa ;-) ) they might see that there would be an interest in a shop.....
sounds like a plan?....