PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a good welder for my exhaust?

Nikki
01-08-11, 08:43 AM
Hi I have a tiny crack in the downpipe on my exhaust which I need welded before it gets any worse - just wondered if anyone can recommend someone good in or around Westbury?

Thanks

Geordie Stu
01-08-11, 09:16 AM
Ask Toph..?

jonnydangerous
01-08-11, 09:18 AM
can you get to the crack ok? or do the fairings/bits in the way have to come off?
is the metal quite rusty (mild steel) or quite shiney (stainless or chrome).....

there are a few people on here who can weld, im a bit far away (Tidworth) but here if you get stuck.

Nikki
01-08-11, 09:20 AM
can you get to the crack ok? or do the fairings/bits in the way have to come off?
is the metal quite rusty (mild steel) or quite shiney (stainless or chrome).....

there are a few people on here who can weld, im a bit far away (Tidworth) but here if you get stuck.

Hi yes its ever so easy to get too - nothing needs to come off - its mild steel.

I'm hoping I can find someone a bit closer but if not I'll definitely come back to you.

Thanks

Nikki
01-08-11, 09:20 AM
Ask Toph..?

Toph
01-08-11, 08:36 PM
PM sent Nikki, welding is no problem!! :) :)

Nikki
01-08-11, 09:22 PM
PM sent Nikki, welding is no problem!! :) :)

Brilliant thank you very much :)

Dave_R1
02-08-11, 11:56 AM
My father in law is a welder, does ornamental ironwork mainly but has welded up a friend's ZX6R downpipes several times. If you're able to whip the pipe off the bike and bring it over to Warminster I imagine he'd be able to assist.

470four
02-08-11, 05:08 PM
Remember to disconnect the bike battery before welding or it will turn into a skittle-ball champagne bomb... :D

Nikki
03-08-11, 08:55 AM
My father in law is a welder, does ornamental ironwork mainly but has welded up a friend's ZX6R downpipes several times. If you're able to whip the pipe off the bike and bring it over to Warminster I imagine he'd be able to assist.

Thank you very much but Toph has very kindly said he'll do it for me :)

Dave_R1
03-08-11, 09:07 PM

Thank you very much but Toph has very kindly said he'll do it for me :)

No worries, hope you get it sorted :)

Nikki
06-08-11, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to say a really big THANK YOU to Toph for the brilliant welding he did for me. I know where to go if I need anything done again and who to recommend too :)