PDA

View Full Version : EU Regulations Day of Protest

alanTDM
05-08-11, 10:52 AM
I didnt know that the emergency stop in the car drivers test wasnt compulsery any more >:(

http://www.100-biker.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=45136

FJ_Biker
05-08-11, 11:15 AM
Al that’s the least of our worries after reading that there is some nasty legislation on its way.

I don’t know what western region MAG is doing about the run yet, will post in the meets and ride out section when I know more.

b_m1957
05-08-11, 12:03 PM
I didnt know that the emergency stop in the car drivers test wasnt compulsery any more >:(

Really? It wasn't compulsory when I took my test (10 years ago)

Nooj
05-08-11, 12:33 PM
I suppose with ABS being fitted to everything new it's deemed irrelevent now?

More cars on the road, less stringent testing for new UK drivers, no re-testing for Euro-immigrant drivers and WE have to endure more ineffectual 'safety' legislation to stop ourselves getting killed on the roads? Cretinous idiots! >:(

alanTDM
05-08-11, 12:36 PM
Didnt they tell you to slam the brakes on when the instructor hit the dash with a book did on mine, his head hit the windscreen when i did it wasnt wearing a seatbelt then lol but it was a very long time ago.

I know Taff thats the least of the worries but never knew that so thats why i mentioned it.
Good evening at Castle Combe though Weds. :)

Swanny
05-08-11, 07:19 PM
I will join the day of protest ride. The day I have to ride with a dayglo vest is the day I give up riding >:(

Dabz
05-08-11, 08:12 PM
When I took my car test almost 13 years ago the emergency stop was one of 3 manoeuvres of which they'd choose 2 during the test - the emergency stop, parallel park and reverse round the corner

b_m1957
05-08-11, 08:23 PM
10 years ago it was one of (parallel park, reverse park), one of (reverse round a corner, 3 point turn), and potentially emergency stop also.

I could only 2 of the 5 consistently so got pretty lucky!

Mark_Able
05-08-11, 08:53 PM
In conjunction with MAG, could WB keep us posted of any times, meeting places, etc? I for one, will be there no matter what the weather. The latest proposals could be the nail in the coffin for motorcycling as we know it, so we must act to preserve our hobby/transport/jobs/way of life. Maybe WB could organise a meeting place prior to riding to our nearest motorway services?

Col
06-08-11, 07:51 AM
I emailed all the local MEPs :-* :-*

::) one sent an auto reply that office shut until end of August---fookin overpaid interfering useless part timers >:(

This is total crap in its entirety. Who the hell is behind this tosh ?

This is a bad nightmare about to be foisted unnecessarily on us all and lose many real taxpaying jobs.

I am thinking that this could well be the final straw.

ABS !!!! Dayglo !!! Urban Ban !!! Fook 'em all >:( >:(

Contact your MEPs and MPs and any other big gobs ya know---this has gotta be stopped !!!!

470four
06-08-11, 09:06 AM
You have to ask yourself - if the motorcycle was invented today, would they let us ride one on public roads??

Noooooooo fkn chance! ;D

Agreed tho, most of the proposals are b0llocks, written by people who have never owned or even sat on a motorcycle...

The only way we can draw attention to this is by get noticed - arguably difficult on a bike :D but if we can take a hint of the demos in Europe & get not hundreds but THOUSANDS of riders bunging the roads up then questions will be asked??

Dont forget your hi-viz. ;)

FJ_Biker
06-08-11, 09:27 AM
I will post info when I know more.

It is up to local and regional groups to organise the rides, next weekend is the regional committee meeting where I dare say this will be discussed at length. I will pass on information when I know more.

The idea is to get as many bikes mobilised as possible hence several simultaneous rides across the UK I guess the ides came from the French demo the other month.

If I can get some idea of numbers from the Wiltshire region it will help us plan ahead.

Thanks Taff

Loops
06-08-11, 09:59 AM
Al that’s the least of our worries after reading that there is some nasty legislation on its way.

Some of those are very worrying - especially banning bike over 7 years old from towns. None of my (three!) vehicles is younger than 13 years, and that's because I don't have enough of that stuff called 'money' to buy anything newer. So would they like to explain how I'm supposed to get to work to earn the amount of 'money' that I do get? :-?

Unfortunately I'm out of the country on that day so unless the day is moved I'm not available.

470four
06-08-11, 10:45 AM
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1312623864/0#0

alanTDM
06-08-11, 11:44 AM
As in the forum in the above original link someone says waste of time having it on a weekend ,that wont inconvenient anybody,best to be a weekday like Monday or a Friday

newnut
06-08-11, 11:30 PM
i agree its a bad day, but i for one couldn't afford the time off work to do it on a week day! some better plan needs to be thought of by someone that will cause problems all be it on a sunday. however, i will be on the motorway doing this regardless of how unproductive it may be.

SueZX4
07-08-11, 01:16 PM

Some of those are very worrying - especially banning bike over 7 years old from towns. None of my (three!) vehicles is younger than 13 years, and that's because I don't have enough of that stuff called 'money' to buy anything newer. So would they like to explain how I'm supposed to get to work to earn the amount of 'money' that I do get? :-?

Unfortunately I'm out of the country on that day so unless the day is moved I'm not available.

Same as! The ZX4 is 23, the GPZ is 24 and even the "wannabe renault clio" (ford galaxy!!) is 13. We can't afford newer bikes (or cars - especially recently having to go down to one car between us) and rely on all 3 forms of transport for work. This is madness! If you live in a city, and own old vehicles does that mean you're not even allowed to take them on the road to get out of the city boundary?? How the **** are we supposed to survive??!! >:( :( >:(

alanTDM
07-08-11, 06:28 PM
Here is a link to the MAG web site more news http://www.mag-uk.org/en/newsdetail/a6877

Crosbie
07-08-11, 07:05 PM
Well let’s hope the Euro collapses and Europe follows with Brussels falling into a deep dark hole of oblivion along with all the nonsense politicians. No more supporting French farmers opposed to UK farmers, reduced costs all round, no bonkers human rights idiots telling us we should allow any and every person into the country plus a whole long list of other things that are wrong with this country currently. Oh and no daft laws relating to bikes. If I have my bike licence by this date I will be at a meet most defiantly.

Rossio
07-08-11, 07:15 PM
so..... do WB have a plan of action for the day?