opinions on them would be nice

thanks

Dan

NiteW4tcher
31-07-11, 11:28 AM
anyone had/use them?

Dabz
31-07-11, 11:49 AM
never heard of them to be honest! i know scorpian do exhausts and whatnot but never seen a helmet

NiteW4tcher
31-07-11, 11:52 AM
yeah not many people seem to know of them as a helmet make, hence why im looking for opinions if people have had experience of them

there around £200- £250 which is a fair whack of money

of which i could spend on agv arai etc

but im willing to try new makes

njl
31-07-11, 12:10 PM
Might be worth checking out Nooj's Revu lids he sells, from what he's told me the quality of them is much higher than you get from the equivelent priced 'big name' lid. I think he's at the H&C weekend so might have a demo one or two with him

As for the Scorpion, I have no idea, sorry!

Dabz
31-07-11, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't pay that much on a brand you don't know about for the sake of trying it out - our head isn't something to be messed with - stick to a brand with a proven history of safety I reckon

silly_simon
31-07-11, 05:14 PM
Here (http://scorpion--helmets.com/) Is there website :)

Rabb
31-07-11, 05:56 PM
Apart from exhausts - never heard of them making helmets.

Nooj
31-07-11, 09:59 PM
Don't just pay through the nose for one of the 'known brand' lids just because they have the 'right' name on them. Doing that even for one of their cheaper lids you're being ripped off to the tune of £100 or more.

If you're mad enough to splash out £600 on a top-of-the-line Arai, £400 of that money goes towards their advertising and marketing costs, so you're getting a lid that probably cost them less than £100 to make due to the numbers they produce. Total rip off.

For £250 (which isn't actually that much so spend on a real good quality lid) I'd expect a tri-composite carbon/kevlar/fibreglass shell, not plastic. It should fit extremely well and be very very quiet. Also it should have removable, breathable, hyper-allergenic and machine washable top liner and cheek pads, effective vents, a breath deflector and chin guard. It should also have an easily replaceable, scratch-resistant, anti-fogging visor. It should exceed the relevent ECE 22.05 standards and carry the ACU Gold Star.

If it does all of those, it's a good lid that should last you five or six years, stand a very good chance of saving your live in a serious crash and will be worthy of your hard-earned cash.

BTW, the Reevu Helmets do all of the above and have a built in rear view mirror ;)

Gaz
01-08-11, 02:14 AM
I use a Scorpion EXO-750, maybe no-one has noticed it has Scorpion written across the chin guard ::), anyway, it has a removeable liner, inflatable cheek pads, anti-fog visor and I'm well happy with it.

NiteW4tcher
01-08-11, 08:13 AM
I use a Scorpion EXO-750, maybe no-one has noticed it has Scorpion written across the chin guard ::), anyway, it has a removeable liner, inflatable cheek pads, anti-fog visor and I'm well happy with it.

this is the model i was looking at

Nooj
01-08-11, 02:13 PM
inflatable cheek pads

Oooh, that sounds posh, be interested to see how they work.

njl
01-08-11, 03:00 PM
inflatable cheek pads

Oooh, that sounds posh, be interested to see how they work.

I think the Bike Experience Helmet sponsor LS2 have the chin pad inflation and pop down sun visro on some of their models.

Nooj
02-08-11, 06:53 PM
Are inflatable pads a comfort/fit thing, or is it to ease removal by ambulance crews if they can be quickly deflated?

RE03
02-08-11, 08:53 PM
Nooj,
Both! They have a small chrome button to deflate when you/ambulance peeps wanna get it off....
Anyway....

Hey NiteW4tcher,

Quality gear, picked up a catalogue a couple of years back from the NEC, was there for ages chatting to the sales guy.
He took great pleasure in bending the visor completely back on itself while I cringed in front of him waiting for it to snap – he said they’re made of the same stuff used for cockpits on F16s or something or other.
Big in America, can't believe it's taken so long to get going over here, nice to see someone else has heard of them :)

I was looking at the EXO-1000 tbh, it has all the bells and whistles and some of the other models you can actually customise the designs of the inserts ‘n stuff.
I don't buy rubbish and I've still got my eye on them 2 years later and it’s def on my shopping list when me OGK expires.
Good luck with it, let us know how you get on now won't you Chief Guineapig ;)

Rob

Gaz
03-08-11, 09:32 PM
be interested to see how they work.
Same idea that they had on trainers a few years back where you pump a sqishy button on the tongue and it inflates the shoe, on the helmet there is a button behind the chinguard to inflate the cheek pads and a small chrome button to deflate before removing your lid. Makes for a better fit, quite novel, and no-one knows it's there..well, they do now.

Nooj
03-08-11, 10:47 PM
Wondered if it was a similar system, cunning buggers!

Jon_W
08-08-11, 07:53 AM
Sounds good. Personally, I'd look at the helmet and make you mind up based on your fit and general impressions.