PDA

View Full Version : No 1000 testing for the dukes?

Squashed_Fly
15-08-11, 10:47 AM
Seems a bit odd, that given Ducati have pretty much said they've written off this season now and are using it as a test bed for next year, that they are using a testing day today for the current set-up rather than running the 1000cc engine...

Honda & Yamaha both have their 1000 machines out today, it would have been a good opportunity to see how they compare against each other on next years machinery, and to see where improvements need to be made. So far they done most of the testing in private.

I'm sure there is method in the apparent madness, but I can't work it out!

470four
15-08-11, 10:51 AM
- would be gutting for them to send the 1000cc engine out and STILL not get the lap times in... ;)

crewy
15-08-11, 04:48 PM
Because this is what happens in racing. Mind games!!
Honda and Yamaha may think it's because the Ducati is slow, or is it? They may also think it's because the Ducati could be a faster bike and Ducati don't want to show there hand yet???

Or it could just be that perhaps Rossi has retired?? :D lol :D

NoYou
15-08-11, 05:37 PM
After the last race I'm leaning more toward them not wanting to let people see what it can do, by waiting and looking at the other teams have performance wise they can see what they need to improve on with the duke without showing where they are weak at current potentialy giving the other teams somthing to exploit next season

Squashed_Fly
15-08-11, 06:10 PM

You joke, but the commentators on Eurosport were saying during Fridays free parctice, that there has been talk of Rossi not fulfilling next years contract if things don't improve and seeking a switch to Honda.

Not from horses mouth, but apparently from sources close to...

I'm sure it's just gossip and rumour but usually no smoke without fire.

I for one would HATE to see that!

NoYou
15-08-11, 06:15 PM

You joke, but the commentators on Eurosport were saying during Fridays free parctice, that there has been talk of Rossi not fulfilling next years contract if things don't improve and seeking a switch to Honda.

Not from horses mouth, but apparently from sources close to...

I'm sure it's just gossip and rumour but usually no smoke without fire.

I for one would HATE to see that!
That is complete tosh! Rossi has firmly stated that he WILL be seeing out his contract with ducati as well as all his mechanics etc. the rumors that he will be transferring to honda are exactly that, rumors!