PDA

View Full Version : Licence

Crosbie
15-08-11, 04:01 PM
Afternoon,

Just had a panic moment regardning Licence type...

Im booked in for my CBT and DAS, I have a full car licence that has B, B1, f, k and p codes on it. Had the licence since 2004. I am right in thinking i do not need to do anything with this at the moment to proceed and complete the CBT or DAS? The DVLA site is causing me some confusion.

Please, someone put my mind at rest.

Thankyou.

NiteW4tcher
15-08-11, 04:30 PM
far as im aware you dnt need to do a thing

JayP
15-08-11, 04:38 PM
I did the direct access recently and didn't have to do anything with my licence apart from present it to the people I did the CBT with. Had to do the theory test first though.

newnut
15-08-11, 04:40 PM
p category entitles you to do the CBT. i think you may need cat A for the das tho, not too sure. some one else will be along shortly who will know for sure.
failing that give the dsa a ring

crewy
15-08-11, 04:40 PM
Not to sure, all i know is when i applied for my provisional at 16, i had to tick a box i wanted it to include motorcycle use

AndytheCat
15-08-11, 05:20 PM
Look at the counterpart mate. On there it will specify Provisional entitlements.

Top one should be "A". Comes free with a full car licence!!

silly_simon
15-08-11, 07:30 PM
Agreed, Unless you have prov. CAT A you cannot ride anything bigger than a moped/scooter of 50cc :o

BB
15-08-11, 09:21 PM
Your assistance, Mr Able? :)

BB

Mark_Able
15-08-11, 10:21 PM
A Full Car Licence always has provisional Motorcycle entitlement, shown on the counterpart, just as Andy said. When you get the Full Category it'll appear on the back of your card... :)

Anthony, is it alright if we call you 'Bing' on your course... ;D ;)

Crosbie
15-08-11, 10:40 PM
A Full Car Licence always has provisional Motorcycle entitlement, shown on the counterpart, just as Andy said. When you get the Full Category it'll appear on the back of your card... :)

Anthony, is it alright if we call you 'Bing' on your course... ;D ;)

Good stuff, Didnt want to look like an idiot when i turn up next week and find you send me away. ::)

as long as i pass Bing will be fine! ;)