PDA

View Full Version : Passed CBT!

pluggedinpete
25-07-11, 12:24 AM
Was very nervous, seeing as a workmate of mine died last week (in a selfish sense very bad timing in my point of view) and had very bad trouble with clutch control on the van-van so was given an extra session in the playground in the afternoon, which means i missed a chance to go out on the road on the saturday.

So went back this afternoon to go out with Freddie and Charlotte... And had a blast! Still have issues, particularly with downchanges, but felt so at ease today and cannot compliment Able training and their guys enough.

Varadero coming this week, have to practice WAY more but am on the way!

Special mention to Alan, who was very very patient with me on saturday.

wiggy
25-07-11, 12:50 AM
Well done , it will all come together with practice and abit of time . :)

BB
25-07-11, 07:34 AM
Good to hear, well done [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

BB

Jon_W
25-07-11, 07:57 AM
Well done!!! Good to see another on the road! :)

NiteW4tcher
25-07-11, 07:57 AM
well done [smiley=happy.gif]

Dabz
25-07-11, 08:01 AM
Nice one :)

NoYou
25-07-11, 11:01 AM
Nice one pete! I had HUGE problems with my clutch control when I did my CBT and even more problems when I got my RS. I just spent about 20 mins outside my house slipping the clutch and pulling it back in so I got familiar with how it felt and how big the slipping zone was, then I just went up and down my road going through the gears figureing out how it felt and how quickly you let the clutch out after a gearchange without it lurching (very was the answer, turns out I wasn't pulling the clutch far enough in to completely disengage it before changing gears, hence the lurching :P) and I never had a problem again, when you get a feel for it you don't even have to think about it! But enjoy and hope to see you on a ride soon! Varaderos are nice and big too! Don't look or feel like 125s.

Nelly
25-07-11, 11:09 AM
Well done fella :)

Last Train
25-07-11, 05:17 PM
8-)

Nokesy
25-07-11, 05:18 PM
Nice one Pete - good on you! :)

Davey
25-07-11, 05:54 PM
Well done and not too long to wait for the new bike [smiley=cool.gif]

Mark_Able
25-07-11, 09:38 PM
Thanks to Freddie and Alan for going the extra mile... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Well done Pete... ;)

pluggedinpete
25-07-11, 09:40 PM
Thanks Mark, you guys are brilliant!

Goldie
16-08-11, 02:50 PM
I did my CBT with Able training on Sunday last, Paul and Alan were magnificent :D I just need to find a bike now :-?

pluggedinpete
16-08-11, 10:41 PM
Yep, Able are great! My friend is doing his cbt with them on the back of my reccomendation!

My big learning opportunities are:

Hill starts, cos mine suck-
Counting down the gears to first and not trying to pull away in second... And stalling....

Other than that things are going well so far

Geordie Stu
17-08-11, 01:44 PM
Well Done [smiley=thumbup.gif]