PDA

View Full Version : BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riding Course .. PASSED!

BladeTriple
16-08-11, 03:22 PM
As some of you who are on my friends list on Facebook, I've been doing my Motorcycle Instructors Course , delivering CBT and On Road Improver Training for the last 7 days. On the end of that I completed the 2 day, BMF Blue Riband Advanced Riders Course.

Huge thanks go out to Tony and Steve at Phoenix Motorcycle Training in Amesbury for a brilliant course. It's been a lot of hard work, long hours after a days training re-writing lesson plans to suit us as individuals , but lots of fun in the sun, a lot of laughs and 'innuendo bingo'

The first day was having the CBT taught to us by Tony, followed by splitting down into two groups of two teaching a full CBT , alternating between the lessons over 2 days so that by the time we got live students on the Thursday to Sunday, we had practiced and delivered a full CBT to each other, critiquing each others lessons and having instructor input.

4 full days from 8.30 to gone 6.30 some days and 8 happy students taught by the group of 4 of us (All serving forces at the moment , 3 of them due out soon ) add to that lots of sun and tanning going on, a really professional attitude from the bottom to the top and a really rewarding course.

I've learned so much more about my riding, the learning to become an instructor itself has improved my riding, making me more aware of what I do and monitoring others, add to that with the road riding you become so much more aware of dangers, hazards and obstacles as you are not only looking out for yourself , but also looking out and beyond your students safety bubble.

The Blue Riband highlighted my riding strengths and weaknesses and thankfully I adjusted 'MOST' of my weaknesses, but theres always room to learn and improve. ;)

After my big spill in April this has been a brilliant course to do .

Anyone who hasn't done one of the many Advanced Riding Courses, I can highly recommend getting out and doing one . If you're looking at doing the BMF Blue Riband Course , definitely give Tony and Steve a shout at Phoenix Motorcycle Training in Amesbury, great instructors, brilliant feedback and a thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile course.

Thanks again guys, I've had a brilliant , if not exhausting time !

Nelly
16-08-11, 03:27 PM
Well done Hizzy x

BB
16-08-11, 06:30 PM
Well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Last Train
16-08-11, 06:32 PM
8-)

Jacde
16-08-11, 06:43 PM
Aww well done chick [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
16-08-11, 07:06 PM
Well done Lisa, good for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

capgaz
16-08-11, 10:26 PM
congratulations

BladeTriple
17-08-11, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, thats it all done 'First Aid in the Work Place ' course complete too, so IF I get a local school to take me on part time, I have that in the bag as well, always handy having trained first aiders on the scene if push comes to spill , so to speak !

It was odd doing first aid and not having to deal with casualties with gunshot wounds, mine blast injuries and 'Insert any battlefield injury' Apparently it doesn't happen unless you're riding a motorbike in Afghanistan , or certain parts of London and Manchester

I'm shattered now, back to the Army for a break ;)

redken1
17-08-11, 07:36 PM
Well done Lisa :-*

Col
17-08-11, 07:48 PM
8-) somat of a positeeev

Jacde
17-08-11, 11:09 PM
First aid in the work place has gone soft, I can do a brilliant amputation bandage, but we're not allowed to use it anymore :(

All these courses part of your resettlement Hizzy?

BladeTriple
18-08-11, 10:10 AM
Not quite chick. I still have 3 years left to serve but I'm giving myself other avenues to explore and options should the telecomms market not be what I expect when I leave, or not recruiting full time. Chances are like many, I will need to find contract work , so ideally have the bike instructor in my back pocket as a 2nd income if needs be to top up the pension and any other job that I find.

I think far too many serving service personnel leave their future in civvy street until their last 12 to 6 months, I just want to be ahead of the curve and looking after myself, after all , nobody else is going to look after me once I leave, I will be just another number in their records of someone who once served x

Nokesy
18-08-11, 10:25 AM
Our Charity works with veterans who have left the services - we support them to build new lives in 'civvy' street and through this work, we have discovered there is a huge amount of charities / organisations out there willing to support, both emotionally and financially, anyone who has completed at least 1 days service in the Armed Forces. If you ever need / want any info on where to go for what, just give me a shout. For example, there is a charity called Not Forgotten who provide, amongst other things, TV licences and TV's for ex-service personnel. There are other charities that provide holidays. And many more..... :)

BladeTriple
18-08-11, 08:59 PM
Thanks Nokesy x much appreciated chick x

Iceman
20-08-11, 02:25 PM
Well done! :)

Geordie Stu
20-08-11, 08:47 PM
CONGRATULATIONS [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Beamer
20-08-11, 08:48 PM
CONGRATS HIZZY