PDA

View Full Version : Short fuse !!

Col
17-08-11, 08:41 PM
Don't know why but increasingly I have been struggling with bloody cyclists everywhere and several times have found mesen 'out of position' on the road passing them with them not having any gap to get into or cars in the middle of the road, even on bends, overtaking them----aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Honestly it has got worse and their groups are getting bigger so are now all over the road---s'pose WB rideouts are too but at least we don't go at 15 mph ::)

redken1
17-08-11, 10:49 PM
Don't know why but increasingly I have been struggling with bloody cyclists everywhere and several times have found mesen 'out of position' on the road passing them with them not having any gap to get into or cars in the middle of the road, even on bends, overtaking them----aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Honestly it has got worse and their groups are getting bigger so are now all over the road---s'pose WB rideouts are too but at least we don't go at 15 mph ::)

Getting old and grumpy Col - not like me. lol ;D

Col
18-08-11, 01:17 AM
mmmmmm Ken but I'd not be surprised if some day soon we read about some incident.

Cannot believe I'm the only one to notice their increased numbers Overtaking a line of lorries one by one only to discover a guy in all the gear pedalling at 20 mph for all he's worth is not unusual ::)

470four
18-08-11, 06:58 AM
Agreed... most seem to position themselves about 3 foot out from the kerb??!

Bloody liability... >:(

Roxy
18-08-11, 07:15 AM
Totally agree.

also what's with them riding 2 or 3 abreast on the road ffs?? >:( >:(

Pain in the arse I say.

Roxy x

wiltshire builders
18-08-11, 07:30 AM
You guys (and girl) should be prepared for any hazzard or obsticle in the road. It you get caught out then that just means you are riding too fast, beyond your capability or just not paying attention.
The reason they ride 2 abreast is because is stops people trying to squeeze past at 60 mph when there is no gap. TBH they should pose no problem for a motorbike.
Don't blame the cyclists, blame drivers driving too close and not indicating around them and blocking your view and don't ever lose your temper. You will lose focus and at best it will ruin your ride.

wasted_ace
18-08-11, 09:39 AM
You guys (and girl) should be prepared for any hazzard or obsticle in the road. It you get caught out then that just means you are riding too fast, beyond your capability or just not paying attention.
The reason they ride 2 abreast is because is stops people trying to squeeze past at 60 mph when there is no gap. TBH they should pose no problem for a motorbike.
Don't blame the cyclists, blame drivers driving too close and not indicating around them and blocking your view and don't ever lose your temper. You will lose focus and at best it will ruin your ride.

Totally agree with whats you have said..im a keen cyclist as well as an avid Motorbike rider..its hard enough and dangerous enough on the roads these days with careless car drivers and murderous Van and lorry drivers intent on trying to kill a cyclist..i find it pretty sad that of all people..BIKERS are now whinging about people who are simply trying to keep fit,not congest the place up and using green eco-friendly transport..give cyclists a break and perhaps a few of the more lardarse biker types should trade in their rides and give peddling a go..you never know..you might even enjoy it ;)

Jon_W
18-08-11, 09:56 AM
Agreed... most seem to position themselves about 3 foot out from the kerb??!

Bloody liability... >:(

Have you seen the stae of the roads.... on a cycle you have to ride out from the edge to avoid the pot holes!!! The roads are a menace!! You then have to balance that with the to55ers in powered vehicle who "own" the road.... is a mare, and not getting better!!

I do agree about riding two or three abreast when there is traffic about, it is inconciderate. However before critisising cyclist you should all give it a go!!

Roxy
18-08-11, 10:25 AM
However before critisising cyclist you should all give it a go!!

It's not all cyclists but you do find some that are a reet pain! I do ride my 'push' bike to work when the wx allows! I also have a basket on the front to carry my flowers & shopping in!!! na na na na na :P

Roxy ;) ;D

I also find horses on the roads a pain too! :P

Jon_W
18-08-11, 11:47 AM
I thought the basket was for the R6..... :D would suit it!!!

I don't mind any other road user, as long as they are considerate. It's the ignorant ones that get my goat!

AndytheCat
18-08-11, 12:01 PM
I hate everyone on the road, its there for me and no one else. ;D ;D ;D

I dont mind cyclists but dont get me started on bloody horses. All those fields to "trot" round in and they choose the public highway. (I know horses have ultimate right of way, but i want to winge) ::)

wasted_ace
18-08-11, 12:32 PM
I hate everyone on the road, its there for me and no one else. ;D ;D ;D

I dont mind cyclists but dont get me started on bloody horses. All those fields to "trot" round in and they choose the public highway. (I know horses have ultimate right of way, but i want to winge) ::)

Now that i agree with..plenty of Bridleways and permissive routes for horses..so why do ruddy faced women with fat arses always want to ride them down an A road full of traffic..an accident waiting to happen >:(

Nooj
18-08-11, 01:29 PM
No cyclists on the road round here, they're all on the pavements.

There are a few cycle ways in Newbury, yet I've still seen some dumb knobend cycling against the traffic NEXT TO one of the cycle ways, not even in it!!

There are some legitimate 'old skool' cyclists about, riding correctly and for the right reasons, but most of them seem to be clueless retartds who expect you to step out into the road so they can cycle up the pavement unhindered.

wiltshire builders
18-08-11, 02:23 PM
No cyclists on the road round here, they're all on the pavements.

There are a few cycle ways in Newbury, yet I've still seen some dumb knobend cycling against the traffic NEXT TO one of the cycle ways, not even in it!!

There are some legitimate 'old skool' cyclists about, riding correctly and for the right reasons, but most of them seem to be clueless retartds who expect you to step out into the road so they can cycle up the pavement unhindered.
To be fair these people aren't cyclist are they? It would be like putting you in the same bracket as a 17yr old on a DT125 doing wheelies in McDonalds car park.
The original post was purely about proper cyclists slowing up the traffic on the roads.

Col the reason you have noticed more on the roads is because we've just had the Giro Italia, Tour de France and the Tour of Spain starts this week. People watch it and think 'better get the lycra out'.
Instead of getting cheesed off just give them a bit of room, indicate round and carry on. I'm sure there are plenty of road users that get pissed off with all the bikers that apear on the roads when the sun comes out.

wasted_ace
18-08-11, 02:32 PM
Especially the villagers of North Wales and the Avebury womens institute ..

redken1
18-08-11, 08:24 PM

Spot on WB, I find that if I ride my mountain bike too close to the kerb, some cars, vans etc try and force their way through the gap rather than wait for a clear road and give me a wide berth. No room for error - a wobble for whatever reason and you are off. I always cycle a few yards out from the kerb.

Col
19-08-11, 02:34 PM
@Wiltsbuilders-- agree about hazards but the fact that with a large group they leave no space to pull into when overtaking [giving them room, not fast, and I don't believe I've ever lost temper on road ['Short fuse' prob wrong title :)-- roll eyes maybe and swear ;D ] They have, in effect, become a very long obstacle. By giving due regard to the possibility of one wobbling out [hit pothole/whatever] and overtaking properly you, may, easily find yourself confronting a speeding vehicle coming the other way.

The post was just my thoughts that there are many more cyclists in large groups than ever before and they can make an overtake a problem by not having gaps in the group to pull into. Are there more cycle clubs or membership grown recently?

now horse ****e on the road is deffo a hazard--time they had horse pooper scooper and bags ;D

Geordie Stu
20-08-11, 08:49 PM
Groups of Cyclists are worse than Caravans & Tractors.

redken1
20-08-11, 09:28 PM
Groups of Cyclists are worse than Caravans & Tractors.

And 30 Bikers on a ride out? :P

Rossio
21-08-11, 04:52 PM
i just fell off my push bike attempting to go over the hedge hopper on the way home from work, NOW i remember why i dont ride it very often!it bloody hurts! ;D

Col
21-08-11, 09:30 PM
i just fell off my push bike attempting to go over the hedge hopper on the way home from work, NOW i remember why i dont ride it very often!it bloody hurts! ;D

Sorry Rossio but that did make me larf ;)---heal soon dude :)

Jon_W
23-08-11, 03:26 PM

Sorry but.... ;D ;D ;D

Hope your ok! :)

@bj
23-08-11, 03:39 PM
What's a hedge hopper..?

wiltshire builders
23-08-11, 06:32 PM
What's a hedge hopper..?
When I was a little ****, we used to go out under the cover of darkness and crash through as many gardens as possible until we either couldn't go any further, got caught or got hurt.
We called it hedge hopping.
Probably quite tame by the standards of todays yoof. :(