PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it?

wiltshire builders
24-07-11, 03:24 PM
Had a great day taking my Dad and Nephew to Calne yesterday, but what's the deal with the leather waistcoats? What purpose do they serve?

"I crashed my bike and my arms got ripped to shreds but there's not a mark on my body!"

It appears that the wearers are desperately trying to be branded "bikers".
It's the same as all the nobheads who went to see TT 3d in their Isle of Man t-shirts. Yes we know you've been and that makes you even more of a biker than everyone else.

Does anyone just ride because they enjoy it anymore?

I'm sure there are quite a few of the leather waistcoat brigade on here and obviously you can wear what the hell you like, but next time you go out take another look in the mirror, you look more Frankie goes to hollywood than Frankie Chili.

speedlink
24-07-11, 03:45 PM
got to agree with you ,i see no sense to them

Nooj
24-07-11, 05:20 PM
A mite of mine's convinced they're all frustrated boy scouts. They all have the same uniform, they all have pretty meaningless ranks and they're all obsessed with collecting patches ;D

If you read Sonny Barger's autobiography a lot of it is explained and you can see how it would have made sense in that time and place. But over here, now, it's all just got a bit silly.

FJ_Biker
24-07-11, 08:25 PM
I think mainly it's an image thing people on custom bikes with waist coats, the same as people on race bikes tend to wear bright colours. People on rat bikes dress in black.

To me this is a good thing with biking we all come from different walks of life ride different machines and use them for different reasons, then we all turn up for the same event and have a good day out.

mick_benson
24-07-11, 10:26 PM
i must say i do wear a waistcoat, i like the look same as you all wearing WB t'shirts and hoodies is it not??
but the main reason i choose to wear one is surprisingly for the pockets when i'm walking round after taking my jacket off,

Rabb
25-07-11, 12:00 AM
At the age of 46, I STILL can't get the grin off my face after going out for a ride.
I dont care what I wear, as long as I am protected from being grated.

wiggy
25-07-11, 12:20 AM
I ware them from time to time and my old cut off to had that since i was 16 ,like Taff said differnt walks of life , i not a 1 piece dayglo man nor would i buy a racerep ,prefer old skool iron myself just the way i like to roll , just because it dont suit you dont mean it wrong , i think your on the point of being out of order judging others for the way they choses to dress ,some of the race rep boys look like fecking power rangers and there matching crap , but thats the way they like to roll , thats there choice and i have enough respect to say fair play you crack on if you enjoy it .Times moved on perhaps theres no room for old skool bikers anymore if you all judge them ,for wot they ride how they look ,may not be 1960 , but i could be for them every time there ride there bike the way they want to .be happy ride free . :)

Jon_W
25-07-11, 08:01 AM
;D ;D

Have always wondered about the wastecoats.... always thought is was to disuise the oil after having to repair the Harley.... :D

But each to their own. Fair play to those who do wer the wastecoat.

wiggy
25-07-11, 08:37 AM
;D ;D

Have always wondered about the wastecoats.... always thought is was to disuise the oil after having to repair the Harley.... :D

But each to their own. Fair play to those who do wer the wastecoat.
Or they cant find an oil resistant jumper lol ;D

Mutt
25-07-11, 10:33 AM
Theres 2 types of bikers, one ride their bike for the fun and enjoyment, the other see biking as a life style and live and breath bikes. the waistcoats are as you say an image thing but they do serve a purpose, for displaying club patches and pins.

Mutt
25-07-11, 10:35 AM
Forgot to say, one piece leather suit ! and power rangers !!
Cant seem to get that image out of my head :D

wiltshire builders
25-07-11, 01:16 PM
[quote author=wiggy link=1311517457/6#6 date=1311549603] just because it dont suit you dont mean it wrong , i think your on the point of being out of order judging others quote]

Ok Mother Teresa, get off your high horse. If people think i'm out of order.......I really couldn't give a damn.
Only 2 people have actually given a reason for wearing them.
1. For the extra pockets 2. To put badges and patches on :o

.........I still don't get it.

Scotty
25-07-11, 01:32 PM
Each to their own I guess, the "bros" may take the piss out of us on sports bikes in our full leathers, but it's our choice and is one largely made out of sense rather than conformity. I suppose their choice could be mitigated by not being able to ride fast enough to crash, so protection is unnecessary... Perhaps they're so tough that they don't even mind skin grafts.. ::)

In a similar vein, did Loudpipes talk to anyone on Saturday? We saw him walking around but I don't know if he spoke to any WBs... :-?

Mutt
25-07-11, 01:35 PM
Like I said its a way of life, like mods, punks, goths.

I say wear what you want if it makes you happy, lifes to short to bicker over what people wear!

If anyones got a problem with someone wearing a waistcoat, go ask them why? Im sure they will tell you!

wiltshire builders
25-07-11, 01:49 PM
Each to their own I guess, the "bros" may take the piss out of us on sports bikes in our full leathers, but it's our choice and is one largely made out of sense rather than conformity. I suppose their choice could be mitigated by not being able to ride fast enough to crash, so protection is unnecessary... Perhaps they're so tough that they don't even mind skin grafts.. ::)

In a similar vein, did Loudpipes talk to anyone on Saturday? We saw him walking around but I don't know if he spoke to any WBs... :-?

Mr Scott, I love the way your "each to their own" post is actually a thinly veiled insult.
I'm not questioning their riding ability (yet) just their motives for riding and the fact that they're trying too hard to be bikers.

On a different note, do you know where I can get zx10 tail plastics cheap? My luggage cracked mine going through Austria. >:(

Dabz
25-07-11, 01:53 PM
we saw him walk past the stand but didn't get a hello or anything...but then we're a "social club not a riding club" so not really his sort of thing.

redken1
25-07-11, 06:32 PM
It’s refreshing to see some members of the biking community are so tolerant towards the dress code of other bikers who do not share their vision of what is acceptable clothing. :P

I embraced the punk scene in the late 70’s, early 80’s. How I used to love to pogo away to “Tommy Gun” wearing the most outrageous outfits. I didn’t give a hoot that the conformists used to roll their eyes in their heads as they ‘judged this book by its cover’ – I was comfortable and having fun.

Wear what you want bikers and let the free spirit ride the black waves.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiggy
25-07-11, 06:49 PM
[quote author=wiggy link=1311517457/6#6 date=1311549603] just because it dont suit you dont mean it wrong , i think your on the point of being out of order judging others quote]

Ok Mother Teresa, get off your high horse. If people think i'm out of order.......I really couldn't give a damn.
Only 2 people have actually given a reason for wearing them.
1. For the extra pockets 2. To put badges and patches on :o

.........I still don't get it.

wot ever ::)

Col
25-07-11, 08:15 PM
I embraced the punk scene in the late 70’s, early 80’s. How I used to love to pogo away to “Tommy Gun” wearing the most outrageous outfits. I didn’t give a hoot that the conformists used to roll their eyes in their heads as they ‘judged this book by its cover’ – I was comfortable and having fun.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/mookiemmm/Gifs/jawdrop.gif Punk Ken :o

redken1
25-07-11, 08:21 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The Clash are still my fav band to this day Col. Come on Col, surely you'd expect a rebel like me to be part of such a brill anti-establishment music era. "We fought the law" yahoo! ;)

Love the smiley - where you dig him out from?

wiltshire builders
25-07-11, 08:25 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The Clash are still my fav band to this day Col. Come on Col, surely you'd expect a rebel like me to be part of such a brill anti-establishment music era. "We fought the law" yahoo! ;)

Love the smiley - where you dig him out from?
Yeah but didn't the law win?

redken1
25-07-11, 08:29 PM
They always did but, still exiting having a go ;D

WB, you ain't a closet Punk turned good guy? ;D

wiltshire builders
25-07-11, 08:35 PM
It was a little before my time, but a big fan of The Clash, The Undertones (still laugh at Fergal Sharkey's transformation) and The Buzzcocks.

I'm a closet many things, but a punk i'm not ;D

redken1
25-07-11, 08:40 PM
It was a little before my time, but a big fan of The Clash, The Undertones (still laugh at Fergal Sharkey's transformation) and The Buzzcocks.

I'm a closet many things, but a punk i'm not ;D

Ye I think alot of the punk artists of the day sold their souls for gold. The great Joe Strummer remained loyal to the cause. :P He even wore a waistcoat from time to time :-*

Col
25-07-11, 08:44 PM
Great band The Clash Ken rebel with Police on your back ;)--Londons Calling/Rock The Kasbah too - luv it More Stranglers mesen--walking 'long the beaches ;D---yeah punk was an anti capitalist /culture/ political kick up the arse for the establishment---time for reincarnation p'raps ;D

p.s. the smiley--knew there was one so nicked it off a facebook page :)

Hunar
28-07-11, 11:11 AM
Had a great day taking my Dad and Nephew to Calne yesterday, but what's the deal with the leather waistcoats? What purpose do they serve?

"I crashed my bike and my arms got ripped to shreds but there's not a mark on my body!"

It's the same as all the nobheads who went to see TT 3d in their Isle of Man t-shirts. Yes we know you've been and that makes you even more of a biker than everyone else.

I'm sure there are quite a few of the leather waistcoat brigade on here and obviously you can wear what the hell you like, but next time you go out take another look in the mirror, you look more Frankie goes to hollywood than Frankie Chili.

I'm not sure why having a leather waistcoat means i don't ride just because I enjoy it. No idea about the ripped up arms after a crash either, I always wear a jacket when I am out on the roads. I'm not sure why the fact that some people wear waistcoats seems to be such a bone of content, but I make no apologies for wearing mine, if that means you pigeon hole me, well that's your problem, not mine, I prefer to base my judgements on how people act rather than what they look like, but I appreciate this isn't everyones approach.

So why do I wear it? Well I like it, I think it looks great, and it's somewhere handy to put patches and pins to show the rallies I've been too and the tribute patches for friends who are sadly no longer with us, and it's one of those friends that gave me that waistecoat for helping on his wedding day, so I wear it with a certain amount of pride, and if you don't like it, and if I can quote you directly,

'I really couldn't give a damn'

I couldn't tell you what a 'biker' is, I'm sure everyones idea will be a little different, but I don't own a car, only bikes, I ride in almost all weathers, and prefer it to driving. If I could place a best guess I would say that a biker is someone who enjoys riding their bike, and it would be the first item they rescued from their burning house (after making sure everyone was safe of course, and then getting them to help rescue the bikes!).

Put some photo's up of you in your biking gear so we all know how we should be dressing, I didn't realise that riding a bike meant I had to adhere to someone elses dress code. I'm sure you look completely different from any other biker out there, wich would be a remarkable achievement if you did.

We have loads of different 'bikers' on here, I don't think I have ever seen two members dressed exactly the same. First time I have heard it said that wearing a certain item of clothing means you're not a proper biker (if I have understood your meaning correctly). Whiteknight (Tom) looks exactly like the white power ranger to me, on a white bike as well, or kinda what you would expect if you crossed the toothfairy with tron perhaps? and Wolfie looks like he is rolling up at the start of a mid to late eighties KISS or WASP rock video, he's just missing the fog from the fog machines when he pulls up! another two stereo type 'bikers' right there. I know they both ride because they enjoy it, does their choice of clothing also mean they are not proper bikers as well? or is that stereo type allowable?

Would I dress like Tom? no, firstly, I can't wear a 1 piece, I look like an egg on stilts and secondly, it's not my thing, and thats just personal preference. Would I dress like Wolfie then? no, although I do like that look as I AM a KISS and WASP fan, and grew up with the videos of the cruisers, chrome and tassled jackets, however, in order to make that look good, you need a certain something, I don't have it, but Wolfie does. I really can't see Wolfie in a one piece on a sports bike, the image just doesn't seem to work, on the other hand, the image of Tom on a cruiser with all the tassles, studs and metal plates is hillarious, but I am sure he would look just as out of place as Wolfie would in a one piece.

I'm trying to quit smoking, so I don't really trust my judgement in understanding if your post was just taking the piss or meant to be insulting, withdrawl is a bitch, so I will leave you to clarify that one. You just seem a little worked up over an item of clothing though, it's no major issue chief, it's just a waistcoat. Perhaps you had a traumatic experience with a waistcoat during your childhood resulting in some kind of post traumatic stress dissorder, in which case the only thing me and the rest of the guys from Frankie goes to Hollywood can say is........

RELAX!

jonnydangerous
28-07-11, 11:53 AM
skin grafts aint so bad..... ;-)

Jon_W
28-07-11, 01:29 PM

I'm not sure why having a leather waistcoat means i don't ride just because I enjoy it. No idea about the ripped up arms after a crash either, I always wear a jacket when I am out on the roads. I'm not sure why the fact that some people wear waistcoats seems to be such a bone of content, but I make no apologies for wearing mine, if that means you pigeon hole me, well that's your problem, not mine, I prefer to base my judgements on how people act rather than what they look like, but I appreciate this isn't everyones approach.

So why do I wear it? Well I like it, I think it looks great, and it's somewhere handy to put patches and pins to show the rallies I've been too and the tribute patches for friends who are sadly no longer with us, and it's one of those friends that gave me that waistecoat for helping on his wedding day, so I wear it with a certain amount of pride, and if you don't like it, and if I can quote you directly,

'I really couldn't give a damn'

I couldn't tell you what a 'biker' is, I'm sure everyones idea will be a little different, but I don't own a car, only bikes, I ride in almost all weathers, and prefer it to driving. If I could place a best guess I would say that a biker is someone who enjoys riding their bike, and it would be the first item they rescued from their burning house (after making sure everyone was safe of course, and then getting them to help rescue the bikes!).

Put some photo's up of you in your biking gear so we all know how we should be dressing, I didn't realise that riding a bike meant I had to adhere to someone elses dress code. I'm sure you look completely different from any other biker out there, wich would be a remarkable achievement if you did.

We have loads of different 'bikers' on here, I don't think I have ever seen two members dressed exactly the same. First time I have heard it said that wearing a certain item of clothing means you're not a proper biker (if I have understood your meaning correctly). Whiteknight (Tom) looks exactly like the white power ranger to me, on a white bike as well, or kinda what you would expect if you crossed the toothfairy with tron perhaps? and Wolfie looks like he is rolling up at the start of a mid to late eighties KISS or WASP rock video, he's just missing the fog from the fog machines when he pulls up! another two stereo type 'bikers' right there. I know they both ride because they enjoy it, does their choice of clothing also mean they are not proper bikers as well? or is that stereo type allowable?

Would I dress like Tom? no, firstly, I can't wear a 1 piece, I look like an egg on stilts and secondly, it's not my thing, and thats just personal preference. Would I dress like Wolfie then? no, although I do like that look as I AM a KISS and WASP fan, and grew up with the videos of the cruisers, chrome and tassled jackets, however, in order to make that look good, you need a certain something, I don't have it, but Wolfie does. I really can't see Wolfie in a one piece on a sports bike, the image just doesn't seem to work, on the other hand, the image of Tom on a cruiser with all the tassles, studs and metal plates is hillarious, but I am sure he would look just as out of place as Wolfie would in a one piece.

I'm trying to quit smoking, so I don't really trust my judgement in understanding if your post was just taking the piss or meant to be insulting, withdrawl is a bitch, so I will leave you to clarify that one. You just seem a little worked up over an item of clothing though, it's no major issue chief, it's just a waistcoat. Perhaps you had a traumatic experience with a waistcoat during your childhood resulting in some kind of post traumatic stress dissorder, in which case the only thing me and the rest of the guys from Frankie goes to Hollywood can say is........

RELAX!

Blimey Hunar, I think you need stronger patches!!!! :o :D

Good one trying to quit!! :)

Jon_W
28-07-11, 01:36 PM
I must add my tu'penneth.

TBH, what you wear is your choice. Whether it be a full race one piece, Tweeds, or a leather wasecoat covered in patches. It is the man (or woman) who maketh the motorcyclist, not what they wear or ride.

Personally, I ride what is comfortable and practical, so I wear waterproof textiles the whole year, may not look cool, but it is warm in the winter, cool enough in the summer and keep the rain off all year round.

There seems to me to be a ever increasing almost obsession with looks and image. I say, if you ride a two wheeled, mechanically powered bike, then you are a motrcyclist regardless.

Nelly
28-07-11, 02:31 PM
Hunar. You are a legend. Well said.

wiltshire builders
28-07-11, 06:40 PM
You are absolutely correct Hunar, you have misunderstood my post. I genuinely don't get it and judging from this thread, i'm not the only one.
All I want to hear is a genuine reason for wearing them and all I got was digs about 'power rangers'.

Like you said you can wear what you want, but i'm entitled to question it on an open forum, right?

Don't get me wrong, it's not just the biking fraternity, I also laugh at my surfing, mountain biking and snowboarding 'brothers' that feel the need to wear all the gear and crow about it all the time.

What do I wear? Spyke 1 piece, Arai helmet, Dainese back protector and Alpine stars boots and gloves. Why? Because it's the best protection money can buy. None of it matches my bike and certainly isn't worn for vanity. Like all my sporting kit It serves a purpose and when i'm done, it gets hung up until it's needed again and no-one would be any the wiser about my hobbies, because the only person I do them for is me.

Good luck with quiting smoking. I respect that no matter what you're wearing.

BladeTriple
28-07-11, 11:56 PM
Been there and done the 2 Piece Dainese suit on my CBR600, A 2 Piece Leather Suit and an all in 1 leather overall / Power ranger outfit on my Fireblade and my GSXR1000, I then after 10 years of sports bikes ditched full leather in favour of my draggin jeans / textile bottoms and more retro looking bike kit to suit my Speed Triple...

I haven't changed as a biker, my ride is less full on but the attitude is the same, live to ride , enjoy the social side, enjoy being alone with my own thoughts while still being part of a group when riding and just enjoy the sense of freedom that a bike gives me !

The clothing goes to suit the machine I ride, biking is not just about what you ride , but what you wear, you have to look good too ! Why spend all that money on a bike and not dress to suit the style of bike you're on? Jaydee won't wear the same kit on his GSXR1000 as he does when he is off roading ... it would look odd!

The only thing that has remained constant in my bike kit in my coming up 12 years of riding is my Arai lid ... no matter what bike I have , the lid is always an Arai :)

Not sure I'd go for the waistcoat tho, don't they flap around a bit and catch the wind a bit more ? the SP3 is thirsty enough without adding more wind resistance to it! ;)

Biking is what you make it, what you take from it and how it makes you feel... dress how you want, wear what you want (as long as it stops the gravel grating and protects in an off) I'm not a fan of those open face lids either that some Back Patch bikers tend to wear , but then I don't fancy flies in my teeth or scraping my face off the floor in a spill (can you imagine what would be left of Bruce Forsyths chin if he came off a bike in an open face lid ;D)

Ok maybe I need sleep now ! Gnight !!!

Morticia
29-07-11, 02:01 PM

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Can't get enough, to be honest.

Hunar
31-07-11, 11:18 AM
Thank's for the good luck, I need it, withdrawal is a nightmare. At the moment I am going for as long as I can between smokes, as going cold turkey doesn't work. I figure as it's a dependency built up over time, then you just reverse the process so you body becomes less dependant over time. It's going OK, some days are good, other are bad, I can go for a couple of days with nothing and then maybe 5 in one day, but getting there I think, I think my overall use is on it's way down.

I wasn't misunderstanding the fact that you don't understand why some people choose to wear a waistcoat, I can appreciate that you might not 'get it', and gave you a genuine reason for why I wear mine, and of course you are free to ask why on this forum, I've never said or implied otherwise. It was more the tone of the post that I was thinking I might have misunderstood, and I don't believe I am alone in thinking that either. I am always advising members that if they see a post that they find objectionable to ask the author to clarify before sounding off on the forum, at meets, etc, as saves a lot of hassle for members and admin's later on, and to start on the assumption that members don't deliberately mean to offend you, and it's just a misunderstanding or possibly bad wording.

As a waistcoat wearer myself I assumed the question was directed at me, and the way I understood the question was

"Hey wannabe, what's with the waistcoat? you're trying to hard to be a biker, it offers no protection in an accident, and because you wear it you obviously don't ride for the enjoyment of riding, and although I could also question your riding ability based solely on the fact you wear a waistcoat, I won't at the moment. Oh and by the way you look more like the missing member of FGTH than a genuine biker".

Now assuming I have misunderstood the wording, and you are still looking for a genuine and clear answer to your questions / statements,

1. I don't wear a waistcoat as protection, I have full leathers and textiles for that job. Personally I think anyone who rides on the roads with bare arms is a fool, and I would say that to them, but it's their choice at the end of the day, the law only requires a crash helmet. I'm also certain that most of the Waistcoat Wearers Society would agree with me, and so would most of the rest of the biking fraternity come to think of it, but I can raise it at the next society meeting, but as these meetings are secret I cannot disclose when this will happen, and as we are a secret society I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone we exist!

2. I didn't realise I was trying too hard to be a biker, to be fair I didn't realise I was trying to be anything. I'm still not sure how wearing a waistcoat determines whether or not I am a biker, or the level of my riding ability. As I said before, I'm sure that there are many different opinions on what being a 'biker' actually means, but I would have said I probably qualify for most of them (I don't drive, I ride my bikes everywhere in almost all conditions, I enjoy riding my bikes in almost all conditions and no matter what the journey is for), but I will agree that I do not meet everyone's idea of a biker. I've seen myself in the mirror when I have been wearing my waistcoat, and I have to say 'missing member of FGTH' didn't cross my mind, but I've been called worse, and if it's true, it's good to know that I might have a possible future in a tribute band. I have to admit I had to Google Frankie Chili, and having viewed a couple of pages of images of him, I couldn't find a single image of him in a waistcoat, so was wondering how someone wearing a waistcoat was trying to look like him, if he isn't known for wearing one.

3. As for the reason I wear it, I think it suits me and I like it, which I think are probably the only important reasons. It's a gift from a friend, who is no longer with us, and his wife, the same friend also gave me his bike, so I wear it with a certain amount of pride. Waistcoats tend to be personal to the owner, patches and pins that have some relevance to them, I can say with confidence that mine is unique. I guess you could call it a wearable scrap book, showing rallies I have been too, friends I have lost, etc. I've never thought wearing a waistcoat makes me 'more of a biker' than anyone else, and I've never heard anyone I know say that in order to be a 'real biker' you MUST have one.

On the other hand, if I have understood your post correctly, I have to say you have an odd way of asking a genuine question. I'm not sure there was any need for the insults, when you could have simply said

"Hunar, why do you wear a waistcoat?"

And got the answer you wanted. I would have thought Wiggy's post might have highlighted the fact that some people might have misunderstood the tone of your post, but as your response was to insult Wiggy instead, for me at least that just seemed to confirm that I had not misunderstood the tone of your question. I appreciate the fact that you don't give a damn, but as an admin I have to practice what I preach, so I am giving you the chance to clarify the tone of your post as myself, and others, found it offensive.

Personally I don't make my judgements based on what people wear, if you like riding you bike for any reason, then you're a biker.

wiggy
31-07-11, 11:23 AM
go to the no smoking clinic get champex me n err in doors gave up on them ,tablets there no withdrawl symptoms at all .gave up 3 years ago now . Well done for giving it ago though but go get help from the nhs clinic there very good . :)

Julie_S
31-07-11, 12:32 PM
Granted the leather waist jacket (I'm not one to judge, people's life style is up them them, BUT I love the expanding joiners they have so the waist coat will always fit that ever expanding middle aged gent) Cut offs and patches have been around for decades. What was noticable was the amount of new cutoffs with new embroidered patches

Me and my buddies used to think it was cool to parade around in Levi 501s, engineer boots and WW2 A2 jackets thinking we were in The Wild One. Bit of escapism. Some of those Harley boys far from being 1%'ers look like accountants and surveyors. Can't see it's any different than being a member of the Sealed Knot and dressing as a Cavalier at weekends

Suspect the leather waistcoat came from people wearing WW2 despatch rider jerkins? you could still buy them up till about 20years ago in army surplus. Bear in mind there was none of this clever keep you/warm dry stuff like there is now

Splash
24-08-11, 11:53 AM
Forgot to say, one piece leather suit ! and power rangers !!
Cant seem to get that image out of my head :D

Totally agree with Mutt on this! I love my one piece leather suit, I get called a power ranger wherever I am and tbh I love it!

One piece and a sports bike is a good image but I ride because I enjoy it not just to get from A - B as quickly as possible... you'll never see me on a Dual Carriage way or motorway in a hurry, B roads all the way! ;D

Jon_W
24-08-11, 12:18 PM

+1 8-)

Ride most days of the year, love it every day.

Splash
24-08-11, 12:24 PM

+1 8-)

I'll +1 that too! I ride 365 days of the year without fail! 8-)

Squashed_Fly
24-08-11, 12:57 PM
I'm also certain that most of the Waistcoat Wearers Society would agree with me

I was not aware there is a Waistcoat Wearers Society! I'd like to be a fly on the wall at their annual Christmas Ball....

Suits you sir! ;)

Beamer
24-08-11, 01:22 PM

+1 8-)

I wish I could ride more....I get maybe 1 possibly 2 rides a week as I have a 9 year old who needs transporting around and with no biking gear or confidence on taking pillion it's gonna be like that for a while yet....but I still love it when i do get out there ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Splash
24-08-11, 01:46 PM

+1 8-)

I wish I could ride more....I get maybe 1 possibly 2 rides a week as I have a 9 year old who needs transporting around and with no biking gear or confidence on taking pillion it's gonna be like that for a while yet....but I still love it when i do get out there ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thats a New Years Resolution looking ahead ;)

Jon_W
25-08-11, 08:05 AM
I'm also certain that most of the Waistcoat Wearers Society would agree with me

I was not aware there is a Waistcoat Wearers Society! I'd like to be a fly on the wall at their annual Christmas Ball....

Suits you sir! ;)

;D ;D ;D

Trev
28-08-11, 10:26 PM
Not worn a waistcoat since I was a Page Boy aged 7 at my Auntie's wedding and TBH not an item of clothing I could see the point of................

that was until this thread highlighted that, to some, they're one of the most offensive pieces of clothing this side of a KKK hood. I'm off to Waistcoat's R' Us first thing in the morning for a fitting ;D

BTW I was always under the impression that the only thing needed to qualify as a biker was to ride a bike, that's if you even feel the need to qualify

bobf279
29-08-11, 09:27 PM
I sometimes wear a Hi-Vis waistcoat and gave up smoking going cold turkey after 3 weeks on nicotine patches (didn't fancy the pills)

Have you cracked it yet Hunar?

Nokesy
29-08-11, 10:22 PM
I wear a heated waistcoat, seemingly almost all year round!! ;D Btw, this thread is bonkers!! And for the record, met two great WB today - both wearing denim waistcoats covered in history, humour and life itself! :P