PDA

View Full Version : Proud of myself today !

Honda_Star
27-08-11, 05:12 PM
I managed to service my bike today , oil & filter change, air filter change & new spark plugs. I know most of you can probably do it with your eyes shut but I'm pleased that I can now do a bit more to my bike than I was able to before. Changed my front brake pads the other day too :) :)

Dabz
27-08-11, 05:17 PM
Nice one :D I'm gradually learning the basics myself, very satisfying!

Last Train
27-08-11, 05:28 PM
8-) 8-)

whizz
28-08-11, 12:00 AM
well done u ! :)

R1chie
28-08-11, 01:02 AM
Where do I book?

Jon_W
30-08-11, 08:47 AM
Nice one!!!

jonnydangerous
30-08-11, 09:27 AM
i got a WR450 motor thats got to go together sometime soon...
il put the kettle on.... :-)

wiggy
30-08-11, 09:40 AM
Well done ,its not easy to dive in and have ago m if your not sure wot your doing ,now you can say i service it myself . ;)

Caz
30-08-11, 01:45 PM
Well done Halina :)

Beamer
30-08-11, 02:42 PM
So you're the next recruit for the Mechanics Day then Halina??

That'd be cool to have a woman doing the demonstration (nowt against Jaa, cos he did a good job) but it'd be good to have you showing us hows its done too :) :) :)

Well done tho.... Id be bloody proud if I could do it too....Im definately one for self empowerment and independence [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
30-08-11, 02:57 PM
Well done tho.... Id be bloody proud if I could do it too....Im definately one for self empowerment and independence [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Well what are you waiting for.... go for it. :P

Gerry
30-08-11, 03:33 PM
I would like to add my name to the list of congratulatory posts on your latest success - but I’m afraid I can’t Halena.

I was looking forward to Snetters and two days in your company and had only recently resigned myself to being beaten on track by a slip of a gal about my daughters age.

The prospects now of you pulling into the pits (ahead of me) and then throwing your bike onto it’s stands and stripping the gearbox out to fettle it’s big end (or whatever you mechanic types do to gearboxes) has left me a sad and broken man.

I thought I was being brave selecting the right hole to pour the oil into !

This has set my “manning up” programme up simply months as I now again feel the wussy wetpants I know I am really.

I may well give up any thoughts of motorcycling and enrol in the hairdressing or practical flower arranging courses at Trowbridge College :-[
-----------------

On the other hand, I do like a gal who smells faintly of Castrol R, so you may still see me at Snetters ;)
-----------------

Well done, you have inspired me to give it a go too, so if I turn up on the old yellow SV, don’t ask OK ;D

Gerry x :)

Honda_Star
30-08-11, 05:46 PM
The prospects now of you pulling into the pits (ahead of me) and then throwing your bike onto it’s stands and stripping the gearbox out to fettle it’s big end (or whatever you mechanic types do to gearboxes) has left me a sad and broken man.

chuckle.... ;D

There was no stopping me once I had that torque wrench in my hand ;D

Beamer
30-08-11, 05:56 PM
Gerry....you are ace lol lol x

Loops
30-08-11, 07:11 PM
Hehe, you does make I laugh Gerry ;D

Halina, good on you for getting stuck in 8-) Feels good knowing you can do it yourself.

Goldie
30-08-11, 07:20 PM
lmao @ Gerry, well done, Star! :D

DC
30-08-11, 07:59 PM
Good to feel self sufficient wiyh your machine !!! [smiley=thumbup.gif]