PDA

View Full Version : Dont do as I did - Tax Disc

YMFB
04-09-11, 12:24 PM
Yesterday I went for a 125 + mile ride and stopped for a coffee at Compton Abbas airfield cafe, which is always good for a chuckle.

When I walked back to my bike I spotted that my tax disc ran out at the end of August. I had the new one sat in a safe place in the kitchen at home. I renewed it on line the day the reminder dropped through the letter box some weeks ago. It was too early to fit so I put it in the kitchen cupboard and promptly forgot it !

Maybe in future I shall just fit it when I get it. As I generally don't leave the bike unattended and plod seem to rely on ANPR the chances of getting spotted are slim and I would only be failing to display the old disc, which I could keep in my wallet.

Loops
04-09-11, 12:38 PM
Mine are changed over the minute I get the new one through - I've never even thought that it might be a problem not displaying the old one until it runs out!

Jacde
04-09-11, 01:01 PM
I think a tax disc is a valid until and not a from and to, therefore when you get your new tax disc you can display it straight away.
Like you Loops, I always put my new tax disc on as soon as it arrives and I've never had a problem either.

NiteW4tcher
04-09-11, 01:50 PM
:-[ i ahvent had tax disc on show for 1 year.........the mrs threw my new tax disc out last time by accident....and this time its just sat in a draw.....i REALLY must put it back on i guess

Scaredy_Cat
04-09-11, 05:17 PM
I think you get five days grace to display a tax disc ordered online in case of postal problems, provided it's ordered before the old one runs out - there's something about it on the reminder form. :)

I probably wouldn't want to put that to the test though ;)

Jon_W
04-09-11, 05:24 PM
Best to change your tax disc as soon as you get the new one. You must display a valid tax disc at all times....