PDA

View Full Version : scrap values

spudgun
04-09-11, 11:02 AM
Anyone know what a pair of wheels and bike engine are worth scrap?
I'm having a bit of a clear out soon, is it worth taking them to a metal recycler - they seem to be worth feck all on gaybay

NiteW4tcher
04-09-11, 11:10 AM
dont know about that sorta metal........all i follow is copper and brass.

my local scrapyard prices for them are fairly high at moment...ur best to phone up some places and ask m8 as it changes day to day

t1pper
04-09-11, 11:30 AM
Hi, It will be worth "wieghing it in" but have a quick phone round and see whats on offer locally.

If you just turn up I am sure you will be offered a lower price than if you phone beforehand, as once you have taken it there it is unlikely you will takeing it home again, even if you dont like the price.

Rossio
04-09-11, 01:32 PM
what engine is it? i need one or a buggy wich i will hopefully finish this winter!

spudgun
04-09-11, 03:29 PM
what engine is it? i need one or a buggy wich i will hopefully finish this winter!

old fireblade motor , out of my project bike

cornishbob
04-09-11, 04:32 PM
as it happens i am a metal buyer for a scrapyard. obviously prices down here in cornwall will be lower to take transport into account.
prices here are :-

clean aluminium - 70p per kg that is ALL non alu removed
dirty aluminium - 40p per kg that is ally worth cleaning
irony aluminium - 25p per kg too much cleaning to make it worth while
alu wheels - 90p per kg

if it were me weighing in i'd have to give irony prices for the engine
and decide on the wheel price on seeing

but like i said these prices are taking into consideration the transport costs to avonmouth
they should be a fair bit better up your way
surely a breakers would be a better way

Rossio
04-09-11, 05:23 PM
a runner? how much?

spudgun
05-09-11, 07:08 AM
a runner? how much?

It's been sat for 18 months, so i wouldn't like to say - i have stripped carbs, starter motor, radiator etc off it and plan to Fleabay them, and just chuck the lump away because i dont want any comebacks on it tbh

If you want the lump, come and collect it - FOC

Rossio
05-09-11, 12:33 PM
not without the rest dont worry, prob a bit powerful for the chassis 2 lol ta anyway :)

470four
05-09-11, 07:05 PM
a runner? how much?

It's been sat for 18 months, so i wouldn't like to say - i have stripped carbs, starter motor, radiator etc off it and plan to Fleabay them, and just chuck the lump away because i dont want any comebacks on it tbh

If you want the lump, come and collect it - FOC

Hey Spudgun - I'll take it off your hands? PM me some contact details and I'll pop up and pick it up. :)