PDA

View Full Version : helemts collect fumes..........

NiteW4tcher
04-09-11, 11:46 AM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/September/sep0211-morrisons-helmets-trap-petrol-fumes/_/R-EPI-132511

:-? ::) ::)

YMFB
04-09-11, 12:30 PM
never mind someone issued it by mistake who the hell dream't it up.

If you ride a m/c scooter or other powered vehicle you are old enough to dispense fuel so thats a failed argument. The only thing I do have sympathy with is some filling stations feeling the need to insist on customers removing their helmets so cashiers don't feel threatened. If they expect that, then they need to put that on the pump.

I have never been refused fuel

NiteW4tcher
04-09-11, 01:53 PM
the whole situation is FUBAR my gf got asked for ID for a pack of ciggies...............hang on you think she is old enough to drive (since she was filling car up at same time) yet u dont belive she is old enough to purchase cigs? HUH :-?

there are a couple of local stations around me that have a sign saying "will bikers remove there helmet before dispensing fuel" and then there are some that have no sign and i can walk in with lid on and nothing is said!!

wiltshire builders
04-09-11, 05:48 PM
Actually the benzine in unleaded fuel is very toxic. In some countries it's law that pumps must create a seal between the vehicle and the nozzle.
Dont see how wearing an open face helmet would make any difference though.

YMFB
04-09-11, 07:13 PM
I dont disagree that petrol fumes are dangerous and know of a 16 YO lad in the midlands who died sniffing petrol from his moped.

The chances of fumes accumilating in your helmet are less than negligible unless you sniff or have your head right over the nozzle. Filling your average car will be more dangerous as the tanks are three times bigger so filling takes longer.

In the US I have seen fume nozzles on pumps, but I not sure if or how they work on a m/c's.

Im am surprised at Morrisons not getting their facts right.

Jon_W
05-09-11, 12:05 AM
A non story as far as I can see. One fuel station has asked One person to remove his helmet on One occasion. MCN must be devoid of articals this month.... Is this was to be rolled out over all fuel stations then it would be a story!!!

SupeRDel
05-09-11, 08:51 AM
MCN is a trash publication - it went downhill years ago.

Just sensationalises everything. Treats bikers like idiots.

Never understand why anyone buys it

Blackandchrome
06-09-11, 12:38 PM
My parrot finds the MCN very interesting as a carpet at the bottom of his cage! >:(

redken1
06-09-11, 05:56 PM
MCN is a trash publication - it went downhill years ago.

Just sensationalises everything. Treats bikers like idiots.

Never understand why anyone buys it

I could say the same about "The Sun" - can't for the life of me think why it is the biggest selling daily in England. :o

Nooj
08-09-11, 09:21 PM
I thought helmets collected cheese.

Marmalade
09-09-11, 06:11 PM
So, take lid off and place it on the scummy pump or the floor, maybe your seat so you can have a gamble at knocking it off and while it's there the vapour rises and fills your lid, pay and put on your now full of vapour crash helmet.

Nelly
09-09-11, 06:28 PM
I thought helmets collected cheese.

lol ;D ;D