PDA

View Full Version : James Toseland forced to retire due to injury

BladeTriple
09-09-11, 11:18 AM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/World-Superbikes/2011/September/sep0911-james-toseland-disability-forces-racing-retirement/

Just saw this on MCN... Really gutted, he's had such a bad run of things. Say what you want, he did better than Crutchlow is doing in MotoGP and he is 2 times world champion in WSB. A really nice bloke to everyone who meets him.

Good luck for the future JT

wiltshire builders
09-09-11, 02:05 PM
Always came across really well. Shame his run in Moto gp was cut short due to a clause in his contract and now this.
Hopefully see him getting a bit of tv work though.

BB
09-09-11, 02:22 PM
Aw, sad news indeed. Good luck in the future James GWS & enjoy life 8-)

BB

jonnydangerous
09-09-11, 02:25 PM
maybe he could try another motor racing sport where this may not be so much of an issue. maybe cars or trucks, rallycross etc...
im sure he will find another sport he enjoys and is good at...

good luck JT.

Mark_Able
09-09-11, 02:33 PM
He's a really nice guy, and extremely talented and determined. It's a real shame, but not many retire from the sport due to old age. :(

Nooj
09-09-11, 04:34 PM
It's a career that takes quite a toll on the human body. I'm sure he'll be just as successful at what ever he does next.

Scotty
09-09-11, 05:05 PM
Shame for yet another top flight career to be ended for medical reasons... :(

I recall the first time I saw him race, around 97 I think, BSB round at Mallory, we were wondering who the hell this 17 year-old kid on the yellow steelie #52 was, taking it to all the established names in the British Supersport 600 class. If I recall correctly, he stepped up to SS600 mid-way through the season from the CB500 cup, won four races and finished about 4th overall, got himself noticed and he was away to WSS600 the next season...

Top bloke, really nice to talk to, and a damn fine musician too. Hopefully his band Crash will keep playing at suitable venues 8-) I guess he may well follow people like Neil Hodgson and get into TV punditry and trackday instruction.

All the best JT, thanks for the memories :)

Davey
09-09-11, 05:16 PM
Such a shame as apart from being a great racer, he was a nice bloke and had plenty of time for the fans of racing.

Wish him all the best for the future and punditry would be good - get rid of the fat ginger tosser off Eurosport

redken1
09-09-11, 05:29 PM
Agree with all thats been said. My mate went to school with him in Sheffield. A smashing bloke and I'm sure he will do well with whatever path he follows in the future. Good luck JT.

Sean.C
09-09-11, 05:39 PM
Shame as i think if he fully recovered and got onto a competative bike he could of run at the front of wsb and maybe won another title . Good luck JT

Wes
09-09-11, 05:50 PM
just as it seemed he was on the road to recovery, when i seen him holding his wrist after the fall i thought it could spell trouble, properly gutted for him :(

Caz
09-09-11, 06:49 PM
Oh no :'( such a lovely guy, i wish him all the best for his future career [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
09-09-11, 11:33 PM
Pants :-/ but at least he had a crack at it, some people never get a chance to shine.

Toph
10-09-11, 12:17 AM
Bahhh!! brilliant motorcycle rider.... brilliant musician, fit toned body... massive bank account... incredibly handsome.... what's he got that I haven't?????? lol !! :D :D ;D ;D ;D
Seriously, he's a fantastic rider, real fire in his belly, he'll be sadly missed on the track, good luck in what you decide to do next JT. 8-)

RedSoul
10-09-11, 12:29 AM
remember watching this guy in WSB..think he was with honda......anyway he was riding a year old bike and one of the last few riders WITHOUT traction control and towards the end of a race he was backing it in and still winning races.......class

SupeRDel
10-09-11, 08:15 AM
JT is moving back to London to live with his girlfriend, Katie Melua.

Hopefully he can concentrate on stopping her singing.

Nelly
10-09-11, 09:26 AM
JT is moving back to London to live with his girlfriend, Katie Melua.

Hopefully he can concentrate on stopping her singing.

Now that is a GOOD career path :)