PDA

View Full Version : Mod 2 Test

Crosbie
13-09-11, 10:23 AM
Morning all.

Have my first attempt at the Mod 2 coming up Thursday.... now as with everything i do for the first time im bricking it a little as it is the unknown i suppose.

Advice from anyone and eveyone as to what to expect on the test would be much appreciated.

Cheers. Anthony.

NoYou
13-09-11, 10:29 AM
All mod 2 is, is ridng arround exactly as you have been with your instructor just without being told when to shoulder check etc. Its nothing to worry about just take your time and don't freak out if you make a mistake :thumbsup: the hardest bit for me was when you had to follow a lil map they showed you bc I looked at it and as soon as he took it away to get back on him bike I completely forgot where I was supposed to go, went the wrong way but didn't doing anything wrong with regards to my "roadcraft" so wasn't a problem.
Biggest thing to remember imo is They CANNOT fail you for going the wrong way provided you don't do anything illegal/dangerous, stay cool and enjoy ;)

Gerry
13-09-11, 11:04 AM
Can't offer you specific MOD 2 advice as I did the old test, although it was less than three years ago so I can still remember my nerves !

My only advice is to try and stay as "chilled" as you can do and remember it's not the end of the world if you do cock it up or have a bit of bad luck.
You simply do it again and pass :-)

The great thing is that come the warm weather next Spring you will be a free man, out on your own wheels and you won't have to ever think of it again - result :-)

Good luck...
G

Jon_W
13-09-11, 11:31 AM
Am with Gerry.... relax and enjoy the ride!!! Take your time.

Good luck!!!

lolliver
13-09-11, 12:58 PM
I passed my Mod 2 last week mate, so here's my two pence!

1. If you make a mistake, don't instantly think "oh noes I've failed it!" just carry on and stay calm
(I pulled off on the hillstart with my left indicator on, forgot my shoulder check AND stalled it.. And I passed!)

2. As someone's already mentioned, just treat it like you're out riding with your instructor!

3. If you can pass module 1 then you're more than capable of passing module 2, seriously.

Good luck man :)

Scaredy_Cat
13-09-11, 01:15 PM
Hi Anthony, to say I was bricking it for Mods 1 & 2 would be an understatement (hence the username ;D ) so totally understand how you're feeling.

For me, Mod 2 was over in the blink of an eye. It seemed like we'd only just set off when the examiner pulled me over to say we were heading back to the test centre and that was the start of the independent ride.

Keep an eye on your following distances and don't get too close to the vehicle in front when you're stopped. As Geo said, it's not a test of your navigational skills so don't worry if you go the wrong way to what you've been told. Just make sure you follow lane discipline, signalling, observations etc.

Oh yeah, I got a big thumbs-up from the exmainer in the debrief for making good progress ;)

Crosbie
13-09-11, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all your comments guys and girls.

I hope the test is over in a blink of and eye with good results. Id like to get some riding under my belt with reasonable weather before having to start the commutes to work in horid weather.

I just hope i dont end up making a stupid mistake such as leving the indicator on or cutting a sodding painted roundabout. have been making a point of going completly round even the smallest ones in the car, self cancelling the signals and shoulder checking -something i have become a bit lazy with as a car driver but in my defense i do use all the mirrors alot.

Fingers crossed, I just want to get on and do it. :-/

wi77y
13-09-11, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all your comments guys and girls.

I hope the test is over in a blink of and eye with good results. Id like to get some riding under my belt with reasonable weather before having to start the commutes to work in horid weather.

I just hope i dont end up making a stupid mistake such as leving the indicator on or cutting a sodding painted roundabout. have been making a point of going completly round even the smallest ones in the car, self cancelling the signals and shoulder checking -something i have become a bit lazy with as a car driver but in my defense i do use all the mirrors alot.

Fingers crossed, I just want to get on and do it. :-/

Dont worry chillax i did my mod 2 about 3 months ago and left my indicator on not for long but he said lucky if was my right one beacuse thats not so missleading as left one he he :)

Just give yourself a sore neck checking over shouldder . i didnt have a map thingy for the self drive bit he just said head towwards "so so " for me please and follow the signs.
Still it was fun only felt like we been gone like 2 mins.but so releaved when your back from it :)

gluck

NoYou
13-09-11, 04:42 PM
Yh it goes so fast its just unreal, i felt like i'd been gone 5 mins when we were pulling back into the test centre! :D

Jacde
13-09-11, 05:21 PM
Good luck on the Mod2 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I passed mine at the second attempt last year. And it seems both my rides were slightly different from those above but I took mine in Swindon so maybe it's an area thing??
The main points are the same tho :)
Relax and breath (sounds daft but I kept holding my breath! ::) )
Watch your speed limits at all times but don't go too slow
Life savers life savers life savers!!!
As already said it's pretty much a ride with a voice in your ear giving you directions but not much else (no reminders about indicators or life savers or running commentary on other road users)
I never had to look at a map (different test area thing???) examiner directed me.
:)

470four
13-09-11, 05:32 PM
Retook another c/balence forklift test last week (you retake a competance test every three years, took my first back in 1990 :))

Same principal, like retaking your car test? Just have to do everything PROPERLY. :D

Tried to cut a fine line between relaxing & remembering all the shoulder-checks etc, remember he/she isnt sat next to you and you will have to exaggerate all lifesavers to get them seen? You will lose points for little things, more points for big things, but as already mentioned unless you wheelie into a bus-shelter full of orphans you will pass anyways!

All you are doing is what you have already done on the Mod 1 and previous training, nothing more!

The weather looks good, stay focused & this time on Thursday you will have a full licence! 8-)

Last Train
13-09-11, 05:35 PM
Can't offer you specific MOD 2 advice as I did the old test, although it was less than three years ago so I can still remember my nerves !

My only advice is to try and stay as "chilled" as you can do and remember it's not the end of the world if you do cock it up or have a bit of bad luck.
You simply do it again and pass :-)

The great thing is that come the warm weather next Spring you will be a free man, out on your own wheels and you won't have to ever think of it again - result :-)

Good luck...
G

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/signs/smiley-vault-signs-016.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

NiteW4tcher
13-09-11, 05:45 PM
relax relax but not too much.

exagerate the shoulder checks as they are not close enough they may miss them.

if u feel u made a mistake dont panick it is not the end. as said before they cannot fail you for going left when they said right etc as long as you manourver yourself and bike as you have been taught.

you will be fine :)

BB
13-09-11, 06:51 PM
Relax, don't panic & good luck 8-)

BB