PDA

View Full Version : A 4x4 and the spawn of satan!

NoYou
11-09-11, 06:20 PM
Not sure if this should go in general or non-bike chat but meh...

Firstly the 4x4! Still baffled by this, i went out for a ride today up round by Cotswold Wildlife Park and got caught behind a 4x4 think it was a Lexus, anyway first bit of clear straight road we came to i pulled out to overtake and as i pulled out the 4x4 pulled out too, he was the only other person on the road so i assumed there was something on the side of the road he'd pulled out to avoid so meh, next chance i got i pulled out and once again... he pulled out in front of me... this happened another 4 times before i tricked him pulled out and as he followed pulled back in a shot past the inside of him.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? I don't know what it was about, and i just cant understand why anyone would object to me overtaking enough to block me when i try :-?

And on my way back home i saw the most horrific thing ever! It was everything evil in this world rolled into one! A fiberglass devil wagon towing a gee whiz! *Shudder*

470four
11-09-11, 06:34 PM
Sad to say it happens from time to time!

Have had cars try to move over in front of me to stop me filtering to the front in traffic etc...

I guess it is a jealousy thing form them being trapped in a slow moving tin box ... ;D :D

NoYou
11-09-11, 06:37 PM
Sad to say it happens from time to time!

Have had cars try to move over in front of me to stop me filtering to the front in traffic etc...

I guess it is a jealousy thing form them being trapped in a slow moving tin box ... ;D :D
hehe guess so, still seems weird though

NiteW4tcher
11-09-11, 06:44 PM
yeah ahd it before......last bloke annoyed me so much i took his wing mirror off with my boot as i went past. ;D

wi77y
11-09-11, 07:05 PM
hehe jelous buggers

Jon_W
12-09-11, 08:56 AM
There are sh1t heads out there.... Generally driving big 4x4's.

Must be making up for somthing.... ;D

Harry87
12-09-11, 10:51 AM
A rubbish truck did this to me. It was so extraordinary I couldn't believe it was happening.

Jealousy. ::)

@bj
12-09-11, 01:27 PM
In fairness - since I moved here - I have been impressed by the amount of car drivers in Wiltshire who will try to create more space for you to overtake on the country roads...

Wes
12-09-11, 03:50 PM
Generally people make way, but as always, wherever you go,chances are theres going to be the A.H element >:(

wiltshire builders
12-09-11, 04:19 PM
Had a guy not only pull across to block me but he also brake checked me too. People are oh so brave in their 4 wheeled sanctury, but they forget they've got to get out sometime. [smiley=evil.gif]

redken1
12-09-11, 07:37 PM
A few months ago I was passing the stationary traffic at the lights (making my way to the front as you do) at the end of the Warminster rd in Bath. As I approached the last but one vehicle, the female driver in the mondeo at the front spotted me in her mirror and pulled over to the right to block my access. Unfortunately for her, there was enough room for me to negotiate the gap safely and pull along the inside of her. This is not a manoeuvre I would consider in normal circumstances but, it was worth it to see her expression of anger. Perhaps the massive grin on my chops didn’t help. Lol. Get a bike if you don’t wanna sit in traffic.

evansdn
12-09-11, 08:39 PM
As a 40 mile per day commuter, I see a lot of very friendly drivers who pull over a bit to let me through as soon as they notice me (which isn't too hard as I wear a white helmet and full sleeved high vis jacket).

Get the odd mug who tries to block the way through... whenever I get the chance I stop right next to them and wave! Sometimes with the middle finger... ;)

Jon_W
13-09-11, 08:07 AM
As a 40 mile per day commuter, I see a lot of very friendly drivers who pull over a bit to let me through as soon as they notice me (which isn't too hard as I wear a white helmet and full sleeved high vis jacket).

Get the odd mug who tries to block the way through... whenever I get the chance I stop right next to them and wave! Sometimes with the middle finger... ;)

;D ;D ;D

You are just all heart and kindness..... I find that waving at them that way helps too.

Mark_Able
14-09-11, 08:48 PM
Let's not generalise now...

Especially as I've owned several Range Rovers in the past... :-[
One of the worst incidents I've had was a driver attempting to run me off the road, whilst I was trying to overtake him. Three business types in the car, stopped at traffic lights, pulls along side to air my displeasure, woman in the passenger seat says to my Mrs on the back, 'Oh, grow up'. If my Mrs had a knife on her, it would be sticking out of the side of her head. She wasn't best chuffed. Not often I see her get quite that angry... ;D