PDA

View Full Version : Bike safe

Nikki
26-08-11, 08:26 PM
Hi just wondered if anyone has done a Bike Safe recently from Devizes and how far /where you go for the ride out?

I'm booked in for next week and really looking forward to it

Bonnielass
26-08-11, 08:30 PM
I did a Bike Safe day a couple of years ago, really good day, you'll enjoy it! If I remember right, I think we were out for about an hour. :)

Nikki
26-08-11, 08:38 PM
I did a Bike Safe day a couple of years ago, really good day, you'll enjoy it! If I remember right, I think we were out for about an hour. :)

I'm guessing its an all day thing?

Just hope we dont get the torrential rain we had this afternoon!!

Last Train
26-08-11, 08:45 PM
The observed ride is a terrific part of the day.

It is a slighly odd experience being tailed by the rozzers but well worth it and you are given some helpful tips/pointers from very highly skilled riders.

Nikki
26-08-11, 08:50 PM
The observed ride is a terrific part of the day.

It is a slighly odd experience being tailed by the rozzers but well worth it and you are given some helpful tips/pointers from very highly skilled riders.

Thats the bit I'm really looking forward to - I was wondering where they ride out to from Devizes.

Snowy
26-08-11, 08:58 PM
When they used to go from Urchfont Manor they would go to Upavon, Durrington and then onto Stonehenge and back. As Rosie said, about an hour or so with a stop for a debrief. Best bit is when they take the lead and you follow them..... :)

Nelly
26-08-11, 09:31 PM
I thought it was a top day all round :)

SBQE2
26-08-11, 09:51 PM
Its an excellent day and well worth it - especially as its free!! Unlike most other bikesafe training days around the country.

There are normally about 6 police riders and so they go off in all directions for about an hour with two "students". Each of you gets about a half hour at the lead and half hour at the back with the police rider in the middle.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Steve

StreetHippo
26-08-11, 09:54 PM
It's about 25-30 mins in front of the Rozzer and then about the same following. Great day all round. You'll have a great time.

Stu

Nikki
27-08-11, 11:05 AM
Thanks all - really looking forward to it :)

croscom
27-08-11, 11:07 AM
Done it a couple of years ago in about the worst conditions possible, blowing a hooligan and chucking it down all day. The day is excellent I would seriously recommend it even if the weather is crap. I had one of the boys in blue all to myself, stayed out about an hour and a half and it was very worthwhile despite the weather.

Loops
28-08-11, 10:33 AM
I'm doing it too at the beginning of October - so the weather could be anything! But looking forward to it and learning some new tips :)

Nikki
19-09-11, 12:54 PM
Just a quick update did my Bike Safe yesterday (mess up with the dates meant a last minute change) and had a fantastic time.

Well worth anyone who rides a bike doing one of these and as its free all it costs is time.

The weather was horrendous got soaked - heavy rain, thunder and lightning but still great fun and learnt a lot.

Ducatista
19-09-11, 12:58 PM
If anyone is thinking about it then don't put it off.
We don't know whether it will be running next year (as we know council budgets are under a lot of pressure).