PDA

View Full Version : Trailer hire

SBQE2
27-09-11, 08:40 PM
Does anybody know of anywhere in the Trowbridge/Bath area that has bike trailers for hire as I need to be able to get my bike to BMW dealer over in Bristol on trailer due to knackered clutch system on bike :( :(

Thanks for help :) :)

Steve

Green Man
27-09-11, 08:49 PM
Steve have a word with Basil he has one but he's away untill friday [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rabb
27-09-11, 08:51 PM
If I had a trailer - you could borrow it.
Someone on here must have one.
Have you thought about hiring a transit (you'll need ramps though)
You'll also need plenty of ratchet straps if you go with the van option.
Just a suggestion....

SBQE2
27-09-11, 10:30 PM
Colin,

Thanks for tip about basil, is he away at Snetterton by any chance as that is where Moo is who also has a trailer that I have borrowed in the past.

Rabb thanks for suggestions - I had thought about hiring a van if absolutely necessary but a trailer works so much better due to the weight of the GS, hopefully somebody might know of trailer

Steve

Ryan
27-09-11, 10:34 PM
Wont they collect it steve?

SBQE2
27-09-11, 10:41 PM
Rinksy Collection might be an option but knowing what BMW rates are like I was hoping I could deliver it myself to save some of the hard earned for the bloody repair bill which is bad to be painful knowing my luck at the moment.

Ryan
27-09-11, 10:46 PM
yeaaah, thats the thing with BMW ;\ well good luck anyway!

Rabb
27-09-11, 11:00 PM
I hope you have better luck - I've never had so much bad luck of late too - so I sympathise!
I hope lady luck smiles on you for the trailer and repair bill!!!

Nikki
28-09-11, 10:05 AM
Does anybody know of anywhere in the Trowbridge/Bath area that has bike trailers for hire as I need to be able to get my bike to BMW dealer over in Bristol on trailer due to knackered clutch system on bike :( :(

Thanks for help :) :)

Steve

If Westburys not too far I can highly recommend - http://www.hire-standards.co.uk/trailers.htm

I hired their bike trailer to collect a bike earlier this year.

SBQE2
28-09-11, 02:33 PM
Many thanks to Nikki :) :) :)

Trailer booked for tomorrow and Bristol bound I shall be. Hopefully half day hire for £16.50 +VAT which seems very reasonable to me.