PDA

View Full Version : Free go for novices... Sunday 25th September.

Mark_Able
31-08-11, 07:49 PM
We are thinking of having a day at the school where novices can come and have a go on a 125 for an hour at a time, free of charge. The idea being that we schedule one hour slots, and someone who has never ridden before can come and have a go without forking out for a CBT, just to see whether they like it or not. We can supply helmets and gloves, but would recommend at least jacket and jeans. Question is, to make it worthwhile, is there enough folks out there who would be interested? So that's what we're asking you all to do. If you all wouldn't mind putting the word about, and just see how many people would show an interest. Stick up any possibilities on here, and we can see if it's got legs. Thanks to you all in anticipation. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FJ_Biker
31-08-11, 08:50 PM
Shame I am not in work to pass the info on. Hope this works out for you.

Dabz
31-08-11, 09:11 PM
Sounds good, I'll spread the word and see what interest I get

Crosbie
31-08-11, 09:30 PM
will put the work out also particularly after the training recieved from you guys already!

The GF would def be interested for one!

470four
31-08-11, 09:32 PM
I have a contender. :)

470four
31-08-11, 09:34 PM
Two contenders. :D :)

NiteW4tcher
31-08-11, 09:44 PM
awsome idea....i will pass the word around :) can i ahve a go?? ;D

Jon_W
01-09-11, 08:01 AM
Will pass the word about. Got any dates in mind???

@bj
01-09-11, 10:51 AM
Three Contenders...

JohnS
01-09-11, 12:06 PM
Four contenders....GF will definately be interested

BladeTriple
01-09-11, 03:28 PM
You mean something like the 'Get On' scheme that MCN has been promoting all year ;)
http://www.geton.co.uk/content/whats-it-all-about

Mark_Able
01-09-11, 08:12 PM
You mean something like the 'Get On' scheme that MCN has been promoting all year ;)
http://www.geton.co.uk/content/whats-it-all-about

You got it Lisa. But we'll schedule a whole day, and make a bit more of a thing of it. :)

Goldie
01-09-11, 09:03 PM
Great idea, I hear Phoenix are already doing this, I'll definitely spread the word

MrVarley
01-09-11, 10:15 PM
Will put a post out on FB for you!

Maria
02-09-11, 05:28 PM
Hi Me and my son are interested in this

Mark_Able
02-09-11, 09:44 PM
Ok folks, we're going to do Sunday 25th. It'll be at Clarendon College, Frome Road, Trowbridge, BA14 0DJ. We have to limit this to anyone who is of riding age, and has a provisional licence(which you should bring with you). If you'd like to put your name down, and a preferred time, starting from 9.00am and going up to 4.00pm. So add your name to a list, and we'll come back with time slots for everyone. If you'd prefer to book a slot by phone, ring us on 01373 822399 or text us on 07528485047 or e-mail me on markable30@yahoo.co.uk

Start your list here:-

@bj
02-09-11, 10:16 PM
Oakley's contender

Mark_Able
02-09-11, 10:21 PM
Oakley's contender

Rough time?

@bj
02-09-11, 10:27 PM
Didn't realise there was an option on this...

But seeing's got in early... how about something civilised - like 11am..?

Would I be right in assuming the training bike is something like a CG125..?

SueZX4
02-09-11, 11:19 PM
Have a friend who may be interested in this too....

SueZX4
02-09-11, 11:27 PM
Oakley's contender
Sue's contender Sally

Mark_Able
03-09-11, 12:54 PM
Didn't realise there was an option on this...

But seeing's got in early... how about something civilised - like 11am..?

Would I be right in assuming the training bike is something like a CG125..?

Cool. Booked for 11.00am. We've got Suzuki Van Van's and Yamaha YBR's.

Mark_Able
03-09-11, 12:54 PM
Oakley's contender
Sue's contender Sally

Time?

@bj
03-09-11, 03:42 PM
Had to google van van to find out what the hell that was... cute... :)

Maria
03-09-11, 05:40 PM
Sent txt message

redken1
03-09-11, 07:10 PM
Fair play to you Mark for a great idea - with all the negative proposed legislation in the pipeline, anything that encourages keeping biking alive is to be welcomed. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Crosbie
04-09-11, 10:34 AM
Crosbies contender - Suzanne. 09:00 please.

Thanks.

Mark_Able
04-09-11, 08:05 PM
Crosbies contender - Suzanne. 09:00 please.

Thanks.

Sorted... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
04-09-11, 08:08 PM
Fair play to you Mark for a great idea - with all the negative proposed legislation in the pipeline, anything that encourages keeping biking alive is to be welcomed. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Ken, but I can't take all the credit. Years ago at CSM we used to do something similar. The man who came up with the idea was one Mike Loydall. He is now the guy promoting the 'Get On' campaign. All we're doing is making a day of it.

We're hoping to have a couple of displays from local dealers, and a burger van for food and drinks. So anyone wanting to pop in for a sociable chat is welcome... :)

Jacde
04-09-11, 08:30 PM
Will advertise on our small adds at work for you tomorrow :)

Mark_Able
04-09-11, 08:31 PM
Will advertise on our small adds at work for you tomorrow :)

Ta... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scaredy_Cat
04-09-11, 08:32 PM
Have you got any flyers/leaflets Mark? I reckon the apprentice school at work could be a good target audience. :)

Mark_Able
04-09-11, 08:35 PM
Have you got any flyers/leaflets Mark? I reckon the apprentice school at work could be a good target audience. :)

I can sort a few brochures, but nothing advertising the free introduction. If it's a success, we'll be more organised next time... ;)

Beamer
04-09-11, 08:47 PM
PM sent Mr Able :) :)

Mark_Able
04-09-11, 09:02 PM
There'll be a Wiltshire Bikers stand there as well... 8-)

Beamer
04-09-11, 09:12 PM
Oh Yes..............The friendly faces of WBer's shall be there......(me included)....Might even look into seeing if I can get a supply of tea and coffee to sell....and cake (jackie are you cooking in the near future hehe...im a cheeky moo arent i lol)

Should be a good day ;D ;D ;D ;D

Goose02
04-09-11, 09:28 PM
Hey,

How many people are you hoping to get to this? I could possibly put a word in to a local burger van who used to be at GMS?

Beamer
04-09-11, 09:39 PM
Hey,

How many people are you hoping to get to this? I could possibly put a word in to a local burger van who used to be at GMS?

Think that might be one for Dabz and Mark to talk about Goose :) :)

NiteW4tcher
04-09-11, 10:12 PM
ohh is this a little of a free party?? id like to come along because i havent really met any of you .....as such i did once try faild miserably :-[ :'(

Beamer
04-09-11, 10:15 PM
ohh is this a little of a free party?? id like to come along because i havent really met any of you .....as such i did once try faild miserably :-[ :'(

Not sure how many of us will be there...but if you want to then you'll be made welcome im sure :)

Jacde
05-09-11, 12:06 PM
Samll ad now on the intranet at work, hope you get some interest :)

Oh Yes..............The friendly faces of WBer's shall be there......(me included)....Might even look into seeing if I can get a supply of tea and coffee to sell....and cake (jackie are you cooking in the near future hehe...im a cheeky moo arent i lol)

Tina it just so happens that I'm off the 3 days leading up to this so I could if asked REALLY nicely ;D ;D make some [smiley=birthdays.gif] cakes

Dabz
05-09-11, 01:23 PM
oo cake :D not going to help with my diet...

470four
05-09-11, 07:02 PM
oo cake :D not going to help with my diet...
- of jelly & icecream?? Wont go amiss, lol :D

Beamer
05-09-11, 09:42 PM
Samll ad now on the intranet at work, hope you get some interest :)

Tina it just so happens that I'm off the 3 days leading up to this so I could if asked REALLY nicely ;D ;D make some [smiley=birthdays.gif] cakes

Ummmm what shall i offer to encourage you jackie??

Anight at Beamers, cuddles with Dave and the unmistakable wit, sarcasm and humour of Kevin oh and a few giggles with me....hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jacde
05-09-11, 09:52 PM
I think a bit more negotiation is required, if you can add a hug from Connor too you might just have a deal! ;)

Hazel-nut
05-09-11, 10:10 PM
I mentioned it to a couple of people ay castle Combe on Saturday and will mention it at work as well

Mark_Able
06-09-11, 07:36 AM
Hey,

That would be perfect. ;)

Dabz
06-09-11, 07:59 AM
trying to convince a guy at work who STILL hasn't done his CBT despite talking about it for years

Mark_Able
06-09-11, 07:17 PM
I mentioned it to a couple of people ay castle Combe on Saturday and will mention it at work as well

Thanks Hazel... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

470four
06-09-11, 07:22 PM
Darren's contender Sara - 10am please :)

Mark_Able
06-09-11, 07:40 PM
Darren's contender Sara - 10am please :)

Sorted... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scaredy_Cat
07-09-11, 10:36 AM
Ad posted on work intranet [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
07-09-11, 05:13 PM
We'll have a burger van, Biker Bites, coming along for anyone who fancies paying us a visit. Hoping to have a couple of dealers setting up stands as well. Should be a good day if the weather holds... ::)

Jacde
07-09-11, 10:11 PM
And some cakes from me, (if Tina and Kev don't eat them!) ;)

Posh_Jo
07-09-11, 10:47 PM
Yes please, I'm interested. About 2? :o

silly_simon
07-09-11, 10:55 PM
Mark,
My lad would be interested in trying a geared 125 ;) As he already has a CBT (done on a scoot) does he count as a Novice ??

BB
08-09-11, 12:22 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I'll see if I can rustle up some likely candidates/support too. ;)

BB

Mark_Able
08-09-11, 07:41 PM
Yes please, I'm interested. About 2? :o

2.00pm will be fine. :)

Mark_Able
08-09-11, 07:41 PM
Mark,
My lad would be interested in trying a geared 125 ;) As he already has a CBT (done on a scoot) does he count as a Novice ??

That's fine mate. 2.00pm as well? :-?

Mark_Able
08-09-11, 07:42 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I'll see if I can rustle up some likely candidates/support too. ;)

BB

Ta... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Posh_Jo
11-09-11, 03:26 PM
Thank you! See you then :)

Mark_Able
12-09-11, 07:56 PM
We've got eleven bookings, but still room for plenty more, if anyone else is interested... ;)

Mark_Able
14-09-11, 08:12 PM
With a burger van, and a couple of local dealers displaying, as well as the Wiltshire Bikers stand, everyone is welcome to drop in during the day to say hello. I realise the protests are the same day, but everyone is welcome either before or after the protests, to stop off for coffee/tea/brunch/lunch/afternoon tea, or all of the above. Those having a free session will be out of sight. Sorry, but no spectators... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

470four
14-09-11, 08:56 PM
With a burger van, and a couple of local dealers displaying, as well as the Wiltshire Bikers stand, everyone is welcome to drop in during the day to say hello. I realise the protests are the same day, but everyone is welcome either before or after the protests, to stop off for coffee/tea/brunch/lunch/afternoon tea, or all of the above. Those having a free session will be out of sight. Sorry, but no spectators... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cool! I will be doing both, with the protest ride in the evening, hence the early start? :)

Will there be an ambulance onsite? :D

Mark_Able
15-09-11, 07:55 PM

Cool! I will be doing both, with the protest ride in the evening, hence the early start? :)

Will there be an ambulance onsite? :D

The ambulance is for the instructors... ;D

silly_simon
25-09-11, 08:56 AM
Sorry forgot all about this till yesterday :-[

2.00pm is great Mark, will see ya later people [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
25-09-11, 05:41 PM
After getting the afternoon off work to come and join you lot it sounded like it was quite successful!
Big thank you to mark and Lee for letting me take the 500 out on the road!it was awesome ;D definitely need to get myself a bigger bike sooner rather than later :P

Maria
25-09-11, 06:35 PM
thank you mark and everyone else involved with today, I really enjoyed it

Dabz
25-09-11, 07:26 PM
Top day, great to see so many of the wb crew - thanks to Tina for manning the stand and Jackie for the awesome cakes!

Mark - great day, looking forward to doing it again

Posh_Jo
25-09-11, 07:45 PM
Thank you for giving us non-bike riders the opportunity to have a go and get the feeling of riding a bike, great fun. :D Didn't realise how difficult it was until today.
Thank you again, its certainly give me food for thought, just need to raise some funds! :-/

silly_simon
25-09-11, 09:05 PM
Great day Mark and the guys [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The Lad is well and truly hooked ;)

Mark_Able
25-09-11, 09:32 PM
Thank you all who attended and made it a good day. We'll try and organise something when protests aren't taking place next time. Look out next spring for the bigger and improved version of the 'Able Motorcycle Training Open Day'. We're going to go for something much bigger, with some 'bike orientated' entertainment during the day. Thanks again... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
26-09-11, 12:42 PM
Glad you had a sucessful day Mark, next time hope we can support you even more and not have anything else planned on the same day. Well done all involved and hope and glad the people who 'had a go' enjoyed it. Welll done Hazel on the 500.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
26-09-11, 02:55 PM
Hazel didn't stop grinning all evening after that ride on the 500!

Jon_W
26-09-11, 03:39 PM
Glad everyone had a good day. Hope to see the action but was a bit late!!

Anyone taking up lessons after a go???

Mark_Able
26-09-11, 09:13 PM
Yep, we've had a few bookings, and loads who are dead keen. Couple of people showed an interest in Phoenix's XJ6, and lots of people ate burgers. The next one is going to be much bigger... 8-)

pluggedinpete
26-09-11, 09:17 PM
Damn, I missed it!

Will try and convince Cat to come to the next one, if her Sym lasts that long....

@bj
28-09-11, 12:41 AM
Hi Mark - good to meet you Sunday...

J spent 3 weeks looking forward to the day - and it didn't disapoint ...

You've probably won another customer - although cbt will have to wait until the finances are in place for a 125...

8-)

Mark_Able
28-09-11, 08:03 PM
Hi Mark - good to meet you Sunday...

J spent 3 weeks looking forward to the day - and it didn't disapoint ...

You've probably won another customer - although cbt will have to wait until the finances are in place for a 125...

8-)

Good stuff... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]