PDA

View Full Version : Protecting my Bike

Pages : 1 [2]

Loops
22-02-11, 07:21 PM
And I just saw the photo of my on my bike and practically fell off my chair laughing - it looks tiny, I'm not convinced I have a real bike now, I think I might have bought a toy by accident ;D
Hahahaha, no problems touching the floor then Loops? ;D ;D ;D

None whatsoever ;D I may look ridiculous on a small bike, but as Nooj says - I'll not have to worry about seat height on future bikes!

JAYJAY
24-02-11, 05:52 PM
Hi Nooj and a Big Big thankyou for your sterling job on my beloved 11 yr old Daytona - it looks immaculate!!

Been a busy week but yes please - I'll go for the bolts - let me know when it's convenient and I'll pop over for them. Or do you want me to pay by CC before hand.

Gotta get one of those 5 litre sprayers - sounds a great idea. Trouble is getting it home on the bike!!

A grateful Wiltshire Shiny Biker :) :) :)

Nooj
26-02-11, 10:43 PM
Glad you're happy with the results :) I'll order the bolts up tomorrow so they should be with my by Wednesday, come and get them whenever you want, cash on the day will be fine.

S'Fly, I have a mate with an RSV4 (with a complete set of carbon fibre bodywork - flash git!), he's promised me a go on it so I might take him up on it this year, I want to see how the V4 compares to another mate's cross-plane crank R1. I'm also very keen to try out the RSV4 Tuono!

njl
27-02-11, 02:50 AM
Glad you're happy with the results :) I'll order the bolts up tomorrow so they should be with my by Wednesday, come and get them whenever you want, cash on the day will be fine.

S'Fly, I have a mate with an RSV4 (with a complete set of carbon fibre bodywork - flash git!), he's promised me a go on it so I might take him up on it this year, I want to see how the V4 compares to another mate's cross-plane crank R1. I'm also very keen to try out the RSV4 Tuono!

JayJay - I'm at Nooj's on Thursday so if you'd like me to pick em up I'll be back in Swindon in the Eve..... let me know

Scaredy_Cat
27-02-11, 06:16 PM
I reckon my bike could do with the Nooj treatment after today's ride-out. She used to be yellow - honest! ;D

Nooj
28-02-11, 09:55 PM
Reckon it's about time I had a session at the Polebarn again. Anyone want to come along and have a go on my soapy fingers?

CharleyX
28-02-11, 10:14 PM
Nooj how long does this stuff stay on for? think i was one of the first to have it done?
My bike is as muddy as **** and i feel i need to wash it with cloth is this ok or will it wash the magic off? :D

Bornagain
28-02-11, 10:17 PM
I think Viper said he'd be interested in the next session Nooj, drop him a Pm ;)

jaagsxr
28-02-11, 10:51 PM
can you clean mine ?
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168702_1778794397672_1473769687_31945322_5753835_n .jpg

Nooj
01-03-11, 09:12 PM
Charley, it's good for about 5000 miles of general use over winter as long as you don't wash it with any strong detergents.

Just hose it down with cold water to knock the worst of the filth off, then go over it with some mild cheap car shampoo if there's a lot of crud still on it.

Jaa, should be easy enough to do yours. V-Mix wants to come along as well, so if I can get hold of Viper that'll be three.

The next Saturday I'm free is the 19th March, or if you can get over in the week or drop your bikes off beforehand I've nothing much on in the next few weeks.

Nooj
01-03-11, 09:17 PM
I think Viper said he'd be interested in the next session Nooj, drop him a Pm ;)

Do you have any contact details for him? Apparently the last time he was here was.... Apr 20th, 2006 at 2:33pm, so a PM may get missed. ;D

jaagsxr
01-03-11, 10:29 PM
cheers nooj i have cleaned it now !!!! cheers anyway

Nooj
02-03-11, 02:50 PM
D'oh! Two more needed then (assuming I can't get hold of Viper). Anyone up for it?

Scaredy_Cat
02-03-11, 04:07 PM
Me please! :)

AlanMc
02-03-11, 04:37 PM
im still up for it just need to know when as i have a prob with weekends

Nooj
02-03-11, 10:57 PM
Ah, Viper with a 1 not with an I, that's why I couldn't find you in the members' list.

I can do the 19th or a day in the week, what ever's easiest for you guys. Bazil's said he's happy for bikes that need doing to live at the Polebarn, so if you can drop them off sometime beforehand and pick them up whenever afterwards that may be the easiest option.

Up to you all really, there's not many days I can't do, most Saturdays I'm booked up (though I'm setting the 19th aside especially for WB), but other than that I'm fairly easy.

Nooj
04-03-11, 09:22 PM
Anyone want a tyre sealant installation doing while I'm there? I can mix'n'match, two valets, two tyre treatments etc. I have one dude who wants his tyres doing already.

Nooj
08-03-11, 12:53 AM
Saturday the 19th then, any definite takers for this day? I'll need to know soon though as I'm holding off taking other bookings for this date.

If Scaredy Cat and V1per can both make this date I only need one more dude to seal the deal.

Scaredy_Cat
08-03-11, 06:53 AM
The 19th is a definite for me Nooj. Thanks. 8-)

Bornagain
08-03-11, 07:04 AM
Nooj, i'll speak to a buddy today to see if he wants his Bandit getting the treatment ;)

Nooj
08-03-11, 06:03 PM
Yippee!

Desperately need some more funds coming in, just scared myself buy filling the tank on the Falco, £23.88 double what it was to fill it up when it was new six years ago!!!!

Nooj
14-03-11, 05:43 PM
Scaredy Cat and Ro are definite, not heard back from V1per. Bazil, you heard back from you Bandit buddy?

Bornagain
14-03-11, 07:04 PM
Scaredy Cat and Ro are definite, not heard back from V1per. Bazil, you heard back from you Bandit buddy?

I'll get in touch now ;)

Nooj
15-03-11, 02:01 PM
Full day :)

Scaredy Cat 09:30
Ro around midday
V_mix 14:30

Sybil
15-03-11, 02:20 PM
Nooj - Spoke to Sam. Can't make this one but will like to jump on one next time ;)

Once he pulls his finger out he should be on here soon anyway ;)

Sybil
15-03-11, 02:21 PM
Ooops! I've just realised i've sent a post on T's account!!

Basil :D

Dabz
15-03-11, 02:29 PM
helping her get her post count up...that's cheating :P

As soon as I buy my new bike in a month or so I'll want my current bike noojing :)

Nooj
16-03-11, 11:12 PM
No problem, let me know when.

Nooj
22-04-11, 12:17 AM
This is still on-going, I've just been busy elsewhere recently.

I need to get back to the Polebarn, and also to start up at the Harp and Thingy, so if any of you want a valet at either of these fine venues in May, let me know!

Bornagain
29-04-11, 07:55 AM
Nooj, when you back here?
My neighbour's got another set of wheels to "Nooj"

Anyone else need and good scrubbing! :o :o

Nooj
03-05-11, 11:28 PM
How about four bikes on Saturday 21st May? 09:00 to 19:00 (three will do, but I can do four now the evenings are longer).

I need to have a chat with Smelly about doing a session at the Fart'n'Frown as well.

Nooj
06-05-11, 04:29 PM
Any takers for the 21st??

Nooj
08-06-11, 05:14 PM
OK then. How about the Saturday 25th June back at the Polebarn?

I know Coopmick wants his bike doing so that's one. These rain showers must mean there are a whole load of filthy bikes about. Even though it's summer a bike that's put away wet is still subject to corrosion, and don't forget once I've given it a going over it'll be easier to keep it clean if we have any more of this weather.

Nooj
14-06-11, 05:52 PM
OK, will give it a miss again this month as I have people wanting to come in to me here on the 25th now.

Nooj
25-08-11, 08:41 PM
Getting on for that time again, September soon. Anyone fancy another session?

Roxy
25-08-11, 10:43 PM
Yes please... I am a defo and I think Chappers is too, I know a few others wanted to see if we can have a 'group discount' if done on the same day?? Want to get the ars6 done before winter and the hibernation! ;) ;D

Roxy x

I'll start a list

Roxy
Chappers

Nooj
26-08-11, 11:34 AM
CoopMick is still waiting to have his done, so that's three to do.

Need a date then, 24th September is the first Saturday I have free, unless you can do a week day, in which case there's plenty of choice.

Basil has OK'd the use of the Polebarn carpark again, and can accomodate bikes which can be dropped off or picked up on a different day.

Usual WB discount applies, 3 bikes a session @ £45 each, no travel charge but If I'm coming out I will need a £5 paypal deposit from each person, non returnable, to cover some of the diesel costs if you don't turn up.

Jacde
30-09-11, 10:19 PM
I'm having my bike Shiny bike'd on the 14th October, 2 weeks today.
Nooj has space for 1 more bike, any takers?
You'll have to bring your bike to my place in Swindon. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
02-10-11, 01:28 AM
Nelly's interested, Can you drop him a PM to confirm you're happy with him turning up :)

Jacde
03-10-11, 05:51 PM
Nelly's interested, Can you drop him a PM to confirm you're happy with him turning up :)

Yup will do :)