PDA

View Full Version : All British Moto GP team!

Jacde
03-10-11, 10:02 AM
Just catching up on the weekends race, so Hervé Poncharal has said he hopes to have Cal Crutchlow and Bradley Smith racing for the Tech 3 team in 2013.
I'm up for that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
03-10-11, 11:45 AM
At least he will have one decent rider! Old Crutchbag might learn a few things from Bradders!

Blackandchrome
03-10-11, 12:33 PM
Hizzy.....You his Mummy!? ;D ;D
Penchant for Ginge's, maybe?
Cal is rapidly approaching 26....time to pension him off then!
Think they could both share a lot of views on get-offs, mind!
Let all of us Brits hope that Bradders can improve on this years performance in Moto 2.
Hervé must have got his rose tinted spectacles from the same shop as you! ;)

BladeTriple
03-10-11, 03:38 PM
Sorry TD , I just think Crutchlow is a total douchebag... coming into MotoGP full of big licks about how great he is having actually won nothing before moving up, basically slagging 2x WSB champ Toseland off then doing much worse than JT managed in his first year in MotoGP ... I can't stand Crutchlow .

A penchant for Gingers? If you knew me at all you'd know the reason why I have a burning hate for certain ginger folk so ,er nah ! Ginger people are the only ones who you can get away with slagging off as there is no Ginger Defence League in place yet ;D ;D :D

Besides Brad Smith is African Sunrise... Not Ginger ;D ;D

StreetHippo
03-10-11, 05:23 PM
Flaming Campari???? ;D
Stu

Squashed_Fly
03-10-11, 10:21 PM
as there is no Ginger Defence League in place yet ;D

Lmao! I'm marrying one of them! ;D

Morticia
05-10-11, 08:54 AM
About time GB had a decent rider I supposse.

I better get running now :D

Maz
05-10-11, 12:15 PM
Not on a lalated subject but I wish Kawasaki got into MOTO GP!!! ::)

BladeTriple
05-10-11, 12:27 PM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ftr-motogp-crt-kawasaki-zx-10r/

Looks like they may be in some small way next season Maz. I'm sure Kwaks used to run in MotoGP but like many companies , the finances were no longer there. If you look at WSB , there has been no factory Honda team there for years now, not since the rules on V twins and inline 4 1000's changed,

Tenkate Honda took over as the lead privateer Honda team kicking the backside of many Factory teams with James Toseland taking the title one year on the Fireblade.

Factory Ducati pulled out of WSB last year and Carlos Checa has just won the world title on a private teams bike and its looking like next year that there will be no Factory Yamaha in World Superbikes either. The big manufacturers are having to make tough decisions in where to put their money with regard to racing. Kwaks never were that competitive in WSB or MotoGP for years now, even tho they hold their own in BSB.

Blackandchrome
05-10-11, 01:06 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/eece_ret/GP%202010/MotoGP2010Day1and2267.jpg
Not having to resort to unnatural hair colourings, you got me guessing there for a while Hizzy ;D
I prefer the more "Italian Brillo" myself. :P
Point taken with regard to JT; I was a big supporter of James (BSB;WSB & GP)up to his retirement;
Cal was out of order ! >:(
I still believe that he has potential and always hope that he will come good :-/
I also think that that Bradley has made a wise decision too.
It would be nice to see the Union Jack flying over the podium at a Moto GP.
Maz; I think its only a couple of seasons ago that Kawazaki dropped out of Moto GP?

Scotty
05-10-11, 01:13 PM
Kawasaki did have a Factory MotoGP team until the end of 2008 if I recall correctly - when the banks f*cked the world's economies KHI (Kawasaki Heavy Industries) had to make cutbacks and a MotoGP effort was something that they decided they didn't need to do under the circumstances. Unfortunately for them, they were contracted to provide a bike on the grid for the next season and breaching the obligation to Dorna would have cost them more than putting something out there so they managed to come to a bit of a compromise agreement by giving the new bike for 2009 to a team run under the Hayate banner - the bike ran in black (rather than green) and there was only enough money and parts to run a single rider, so of the two riders lined up for the factory contract that year, they released John Hopkins and retained Marco Melandri to ride the Hayate bike.
It didn't start off too badly, and I think Melandri finished 2nd at Le Mans in the race that was disrupted by the weather (when Rossi fell off after taking his dry bike back out, returned for repairs, got nicked for speeding in the pitlane and had to do a drive through penalty and ended up finishing last). Sadly for Melandri, the bike wasn't developed throughout the season as it remained just as it was when they got it (unlike all the others on the grid that received engine, chassis and electronic upgrades throughout the season) and it became less and less competitve and as a result he ended up trying harder and harder to compensate for it, resulting in the inevitable crashes that ate into their diminishing stocks of spares...

That's a very potted history of why there isn't a Factory Kawasaki in MotoGP at the moment, hope it helps. :)