PDA

View Full Version : Replacement bolts

Squashed_Fly
06-10-11, 05:20 PM
I seem to have mislaid the 3 bolts from my original exhaust. I think they may have been in the toolkit that was stolen in the break-in.

Where is the best place to get replacements from?

Do they need to be from a bike shop, or are bolts just standard thread sizes, just get the right diameter?

I need to get some pretty quick as I've just sent the shock off for a service & powder coat, and it's due it's MOT as soon as that comes back...

SupeRDel
06-10-11, 05:51 PM
Do you know the sizes you want?

I can borrow a few stainless from work and post them to you on Friday

njl
06-10-11, 08:00 PM
There are a couple of good places in Swindon to get fastners if you know what you need or can take in a sample. My preference is Wessex Fastners in old town or south west fastners which I think have now moved somewhere over stratton or beyond.

Ryan
06-10-11, 08:08 PM
Go back to Thorpe park and nick some of the bolts that held the roller coaster tracks to the floor ;)

Wes
06-10-11, 08:13 PM
As long as you have the right size/thread then i always use the bay :)

Scotty
06-10-11, 09:05 PM
Which 3 bolts? I presume you mean the three that attach the standard silencer to the flange on the transfer pipe? :-? What did you use to attach your "race" can then? Can you not use the same three?

Probably something like M8 x 20 cap screws (1.25 pitch)

SupeRDel
07-10-11, 12:01 AM
Obviously not wanted that quick!

Squashed_Fly
07-10-11, 06:22 AM
Sorry Del!

I didn't get chance to find out the size as was out last night. Will do it when I get back tonight. It's not urgent as the shock not due back for 2 weeks.

Moo
07-10-11, 07:01 AM
Fire extinguisher required in this thread, please :-)

BB
07-10-11, 07:39 AM
Thread locked until you lot can grow up and stop taking pops at each other!

I suggest if anyone wants to follow up on any suggestions they pm.

BB