PDA

View Full Version : Mod 2 - good luck req'd

Rabb
21-09-11, 09:07 PM
Taking my Mod 2 on Monday at 8:30 in Bristol.
I've had some pretty tough times recently and could do with all the luck I can get!
All wishes and finger-crossing will be gratefully received...

NoYou
21-09-11, 09:09 PM
Good luck mate, i'm sure you'll be fine! just stay calm :)

redken1
21-09-11, 09:10 PM
Good luck Rabb - you can do it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
21-09-11, 09:10 PM
Good luck with that then matey! You'll sail it!
8-)

Rabb
21-09-11, 09:13 PM
Good luck mate, i'm sure you'll be fine! just stay calm :)
Thanks Matey
First time I was given 3 minors for not hitting the speed target?
55 in a 60 on an appalling very wet and windy day - the examiner will have to catch me this time!
I Won't be sparing the horses!!!

Rabb
21-09-11, 09:15 PM
Good luck with that then matey! You'll sail it!
8-)

Thanks Nelly
Watch this space because I will be passing this time!

Rabb
21-09-11, 09:18 PM
Good luck Rabb - you can do it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Ken - I'll post the result at 1:00pm ish

Scaredy_Cat
21-09-11, 10:12 PM
Good luck for Monday Rabb. There're brownie points to be had for leaving your examiner behind ;) ;D

BladeTriple
21-09-11, 10:13 PM
Good Luck Rabb , just go out there and enjoy the ride , relax and let everything just fall into place... Sounds like you know what you did wrong last time, keep us posted tho eh? :)

Jacde
21-09-11, 10:15 PM
Good luck, don't forget your life savers! And yup they don't like you not keeping to speed limits, don't go over or too slow! ::)

Beamer
21-09-11, 10:18 PM
GOOD LUCK RABB [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Rabb
21-09-11, 10:19 PM
Good luck for Monday Rabb. There're brownie points to be had for leaving your examiner behind ;) ;D

Thanks for the Best Wishes!!!
I'll do my best.

No Agreed - but I don't want any minors for not achieving the speed limit of the road concerned.
I intentionally didn't ride as I normally ride because of the terrible weather - I thought that this would be judged as 'good practice' in such atrocious conditions.

Rabb
21-09-11, 10:22 PM
GOOD LUCK RABB [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Thanks Tina - this is appreciated!

Rabb
21-09-11, 10:26 PM
Good luck, don't forget your life savers! And yup they don't like you not keeping to speed limits, don't go over or too slow! ::)

Thanks Jackie - much appreciated!
Full set of left and right shoulder lifesavers at the ready !

Rabb
21-09-11, 10:33 PM
Good Luck Rabb , just go out there and enjoy the ride , relax and let everything just fall into place... Sounds like you know what you did wrong last time, keep us posted tho eh? :)

Thanks Hizzy! (Well Done - by the way)
I'm going for a clean sheet this time and hopefully I won't have any probs with my bike this time.

Jon_W
22-09-11, 07:53 AM
Good luck!!! :)

Blackandchrome
22-09-11, 08:02 AM
Good Luck Rabb.
Hopefully the weather will be kinder this time.
I think I would have been as cautious as you if conditions were that bad :-/

Caz
22-09-11, 12:35 PM
Good luck mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
22-09-11, 07:43 PM
Good luck to you! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Toph
22-09-11, 08:17 PM
Best of luck Rabb.... we're all behind you buddy!! :) :)

Rabb
22-09-11, 11:11 PM
Thanks one and all!
I hope to be sorting out insurance cover when I get back from Bristol!

Rabb
25-09-11, 07:04 PM
Thanks for everyones 'Good Luck' wishes.

Bike ready - everything checked and fuelled up.
Paperwork ready.
More importantly - I'm ready to rock & roll!

Rabb
26-09-11, 11:22 AM
Gutted - failed for the 2nd time.
Did 2 hill starts perfectly ( including the gradient adverse camber right turn jobby )
I then couldnt get my bike into neutral before I started my final hill start. I thought that I had kicked down into first but I was in second - hence a stall.
Fail!

Thanks once again for all the words of encouragement.
Third time lucky I guess!
I am now well and truly racked off. :( :( :(

Last Train
26-09-11, 11:59 AM
Gutted for ya Rabb

Persevere

The promised land isn't far off

:)

wiltsdan
26-09-11, 12:11 PM
Well? [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

lolliver
26-09-11, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Rabb.
As you say though, third time lucky. You'll nail it next time as you'll know exactly what to expect basically!

Maz
26-09-11, 03:45 PM
Did 2 hill starts perfectly ( including the gradient adverse camber right turn jobby )
I then couldnt get my bike into neutral before I started my final hill start. I thought that I had kicked down into first but I was in second - hence a stall.
Fail!

A person that never gives up to me is the winner all the time! Think of it as more experience!

Youll do it next time!

Chin up we are all behind you! ;)

Jon_W
26-09-11, 03:50 PM
Bad luck Rabb.... You'll do it on the next time round.

BladeTriple
26-09-11, 04:25 PM
Third times a charm ! Good luck next time Rabb , its more the fact its costing £75 a time plus bike hire that must be p!$$ing you off now more than ever !

Rabb
26-09-11, 05:01 PM
Gutted for ya Rabb

Persevere

The promised land isn't far off

:)

Thanks Last Train - when I got home I had the same problem - I couldn't get the bike into first
(I have a very steep driveway)
My instructor had a look and told me to release the clutch handle a little from being fully depressed and hey presto it then went into first! This shouldn't happen - I'll get my mate to have another look at my bike before my next test.

Rabb
26-09-11, 05:10 PM
Third times a charm ! Good luck next time Rabb , its more the fact its costing £75 a time plus bike hire that must be p!$$ing you off now more than ever !

Yeh - as you say £75 per hit
3 hours instructor time & insurance for the day £60
A total of £135 a pop

Luckily / unluckily the bike is mine - so this costs me nothing.
Apart from the money Hizzy it's all the wasted time where I could be out on the bike whilst the weather is good!
I also don't understand why I have to wait 10 days between test dates - this really disadvantages every candidate. I phoned the DSA today to find out why there is a 10 day exclusion (They didn't know why??? If they don't know - who does.
It's in a candidates best interest to retake the test as soon as possible surely!?!

Rabb
26-09-11, 05:19 PM
Fail!

Thanks Maz - I am in sales and I never give up! (I may feel peed off - but I turn it into a positive)
At least I've saved £250 on insurance today!

I was once compared to a Rottweiler with Jack Russell tendencies!
A person that never gives up to me is the winner all the time! Think of it as more experience!

Youll do it next time!

Chin up we are all behind you! ;)

Mark_Able
26-09-11, 09:03 PM

A total of £135 a pop

Apart from the money Hizzy it's all the wasted time where I could be out on the bike whilst the weather is good!
I also don't understand why I have to wait 10 days between test dates - this really disadvantages every candidate. I phoned the DSA today to find out why there is a 10 day exclusion (They didn't know why??? If they don't know - who does.
It's in a candidates best interest to retake the test as soon as possible surely!?!

It used to be a case of being able to retake your test as soon as you wanted to. However, some people were taking the pi$$, and retaking the test in the afternoon, if they'd failed it that morning. The 10 day wait is to encourage you to take further training... ::)

Rabb
26-09-11, 09:51 PM

A total of £135 a pop

Thanks for the clarification Mark - shame the DSA couldn't give me this response.

Scaredy_Cat
27-09-11, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't pass this time Rabb - good luck for the next one ;)

Rabb
08-10-11, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't pass this time Rabb - good luck for the next one ;)
Thanks Scaredy Cat -

Update - new test booked for next week!
Fully prepared - even for inherant clutch problems.
Onwards & upwards!! ;D ;D ;D

Maria
08-10-11, 08:39 AM
Good luck for next wk, hope you pass this time

Rabb
08-10-11, 03:18 PM
Good luck for next wk, hope you pass this time

Thanks Maria - Unless we have a tidal wave, which I wouldn't be surprised with my luck quota as it is. I think I'll be a happy chappie this time!

BB
08-10-11, 04:58 PM
Good luck 8-)

BB

redken1
08-10-11, 05:06 PM
good luck from me too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rabb
08-10-11, 05:37 PM
Thanks BB & Redken
I'm sure I'll get it this time.

I didn't have this problem with either my car test or Mod 1 - passed both 1st time!