PDA

View Full Version : Trackdays to miss

Wes
07-10-11, 06:33 PM
Found this one, avoid these guys at all costs ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=FLmjRxhcBetmF Nlbz7qXzK0A&v=Sbvu9NZhGQI

NiteW4tcher
07-10-11, 06:56 PM
i had to reply the last near miss i thought was seeing things :o

Wes
07-10-11, 07:45 PM
Yes, he missed the braking marker, slightly :o

wiltsdan
08-10-11, 11:05 AM
Jaysus! :o

Rabb
08-10-11, 07:59 PM
I would like to be at the front so that I don't get in their way AT ALL!

Mark_Able
08-10-11, 08:26 PM
That last near miss was almost a carbon copy of a near miss that happened to me in exactly the same place during the practice weekend prior to the start of the race season in 2004. The guy was on an R6, and was still travelling at about 70mph, when he brushed my shoulder as he went past. Although I love Pembrey, it has an unpredictable surface, as it's built on a marsh. When you think it's dry, and is offering loads of grip, it can be completely the opposite. But bizarrely, when it's wet, it's pretty grippy... :-?

Rabb
08-10-11, 08:30 PM
That last near miss was almost a carbon copy of a near miss that happened to me in exactly the same place during the practice weekend prior to the start of the race season in 2004. The guy was on an R6, and was still travelling at about 70mph, when he brushed my shoulder as he went past. Although I love Pembrey, it has an unpredictable surface, as it's built on a marsh. When you think it's dry, and is offering loads of grip, it can be completely the opposite. But bizarrely, when it's wet, it's pretty grippy... :-?

Experience is everything - you obviously don't know how a track grips until you ride it yourself.

SupeRDel
09-10-11, 11:22 AM
Just another reason I don't do track days.

Rabb
09-10-11, 07:31 PM
Just another reason I don't do track days.

I would do a track day - only as long as I could afford to lose my bike

Nooj
09-10-11, 10:35 PM
Depends who you're doing the day with, unknown riders on an unknown track can lead to a very unpleasant day. Best book in with mates you're happy to be around on bikes with.