PDA

View Full Version : NEC this year...

Squashed_Fly
03-10-11, 08:09 PM
Anyone else going?

I'm thinking of driving up if anyone wants to share the fuel?

redken1
03-10-11, 10:09 PM
Anyone else going?

I'm thinking of driving up if anyone wants to share the fuel?
When is it this year?

Squashed_Fly
03-10-11, 10:19 PM
it's in November... Can't remember the dates but it's advertised on MCN

Dabz
04-10-11, 08:08 AM
Yup Hazel and I are going, tickets are booked :D

Nooj
04-10-11, 10:42 AM
Not for me, too expensive and not enough there. Get over to the Milan show, costs a bit more with a hotel overnight, but it's in a different league all together, well worth saving up for.

Caz
04-10-11, 12:33 PM
NEC Motorcycle Live: 19th – 27th November

HensonA
04-10-11, 06:15 PM
Not for me, too expensive and not enough there. Get over to the Milan show, costs a bit more with a hotel overnight, but it's in a different league all together, well worth saving up for.
:-?

Wes
04-10-11, 06:22 PM
Yes going up on sat 26th :)

redken1
04-10-11, 07:24 PM
Nooj, What is there at the Milan show but not at the NEC?

Nooj
04-10-11, 10:45 PM
Nooj, What is there at the Milan show but not at the NEC?

Italian women :-)

More bikes, more manufacturers, more accessories, more new ideas, free coach from your hotel and back (if you go on a trade day), cheaper ticket prices, cheaper and nicer food, nicer atmosphere, wandering round with a bottle of beer isn't a problem, you get to see the actual launch and first public appearance of new machines. Plus it's a bit of an adventure, the weather's usually better and if you stay for a night you can go out to dinner in Milan.

You can't buy anything though, it is just a show. But from what I've heard from visitors of the last few NEC shows there haven't been many good deals there anyway.

It's definitely something every biker should do once. The whole NEC show would fit into one of the Milan show halls and there were three halls last year, plus an outdoor arena.

You can get flights for £30 each way from Gatwick, A nice hotel room for £130 split between two people. Two days at the show and a meal out is easily achievable for £250 for two people. A good price for a European weekend away. Any company can order trade tickets which are free and you actually get to see everything as it's so quiet there.

Morticia
05-10-11, 08:46 AM
Hmmmm, bad enough the first time round, not for me.

Dabz
05-10-11, 08:54 AM
We spent a fortune last year, about £400, at the NEC, got some awesome bargains, saw the latest models of bikes and sat on them all, there was an indoor motox circuit you could go on...bloody good day out.

I go every year, love it..though go in the car because it's not much fun trying to carry goodies home on a bike

redken1
05-10-11, 08:20 PM
Ye, I go most years but missed it last year. I love it and find it frustrating cos I leave wanting about 10 new bikes. ;)

Jon_W
10-10-11, 08:09 AM
Will attempt to ride if it's not too cold.... will never forget last year...

Swanny
10-10-11, 11:18 AM
If The Mower Men are going I'm up for it 8-)

Dabz
10-10-11, 11:28 AM
having ridden it about 7 or 8 years ago, about 5 weeks after passing my test - never again! Too cold, too many motorway miles (or crap roads that take forever), no way of carrying armfuls of goodies home, you have to carry your helmet and jacket all day or pay the expensive fees for the helmet park...nah car is the only way to go :P

Jon_W
10-10-11, 11:55 AM
Ohhh boring on the Motorway......

I always go up the fosse way to Stratford-upon-Avon then through Henley-in-Arden. Lovely ride, if a little nippy!!

the facilities at the NEC are great, but you need every bit of luggage you have to carry things back. Hope to go as I need new trousers and gloves this year.