PDA

View Full Version : What a race!!

Moo
09-10-11, 10:37 PM
Just watched the final race of the BSB series and it was probably the best final 2 laps of a race I've ever seen. Stuff Moto GP, i would seriously recommend that anyone with an interest in bike racing watches it. It will be repeated on Eurosport and will be on ITV 4 as well sometime this week.

BB
10-10-11, 07:27 AM
Watched it live, by the last corner Ghost & I were on our feet yelling at the TV every time the lead changed! :-[

Brilliant stuff! 8-)

BB

redken1
10-10-11, 06:18 PM
The supersport race was brill too for the first few laps. Ben Wilson was riding that Kawasaki right on the limit trying to keep up with Seeley. It was wobbling about all over the place - don't know how he never dropped it. Got to agree, from a spectators point of view BSB is hard to beat.

Sean.C
10-10-11, 07:11 PM
One of the best races i've ever seen . I wanted Hopper to win , he looked gutted after the race. Fair play to Tommy Hill thought he definitely deserved it . Interestingly if they weren't using the showdown system shakey would of won the title.

Mark_Able
10-10-11, 09:41 PM
Awesome race... 8-)
Gutted for Victor Cox in the SuperStock 1000's. That was the race that was red flagged, and not restarted due to time constraints. He was in the lead and looking for the win. Next year I guess... :(

StreetHippo
10-10-11, 11:59 PM
Amazing!!!!!!!!

Shame for Shakey and Hopper, but the showdown has made it bloody exiting!!

Stu

Moo
11-10-11, 02:00 PM
Its on ITV4 at 19:30 (or half past seven) on Wednesday night for those without Eurosport.

big_bird
13-10-11, 07:08 AM
Thanks for that. Watched it last night. Wow! Had always thought the Bayliss-Edwards battle was epic but these guys were even better! :o

whizz
13-10-11, 07:14 PM
awesome race ...shuda been Hoppers tho !

Wes
13-10-11, 07:21 PM
Congrats to Tommy , brilliant racing by all, felt sorry for Ben Wilson.

Scotty
13-10-11, 07:34 PM
Yes it was an epic end to both Superbike and Supersport championships, a bit tough on Ben Wilson (I'm sure that Stephan Bradl is feeling the same after watching his enormous points lead get whittled away by Marc Marquez). Everyone's feeling sorry for Hopper, but the guy I feel most for is Shakey - he scored more points than anyone over the season, yet only finished 3rd. Despite all the fuss that people are making, I don't think that the "shoot-out" has actually added anything to the championship, it would have been good enough without it, and the 600s didn't lack any excitement for having a "normal" championship did they?
The last two laps were spellbinding, but I wouldn't class the race above the epic Bayliss-Edwards battle at Imola in 2002, they were at it over two entire races, whereas the first 18-odd laps of the final BSB race were pretty dull and processional, it only got exciting right at the end.