03-11-11, 02:59 PM
hi all
can anyone help me as me gixer is running rich
and cant work out how or were screw is to turn petrol flow down

thanks all [smiley=lolk.gif]

jonnydangerous
03-11-11, 03:18 PM
where abouts is it running rich?
idle, progression, quarter throttle to three quarter or flat out?
you will need to alter a different circuit for each of the above, careful though as there is a MASSIVE effect on needle and jet changes on the GSXR11 at about three quarter throttle.

has someone fitted a dynojet kit then returned it to standard airbox? changed exhausts recently?, what condition is the air filter? have you adjusted the valves recently? plugs cleaned and gapped/replaced?

lots of questions.........neeeeeeeeeed more info.

idle mixture screw is under the carb, close to the inlet manifold, infront of the float bowl...

kylezx6r
03-11-11, 03:21 PM
hi
when i start the bike you can smell petrol from the micron race can not sure if this is normal when i start riding she seems to calm down so its really when i start her and idle

thanks for reply :) :) :) :)

jonnydangerous
03-11-11, 03:23 PM
absolutely nothing to worry about, give it a good run to clear it out every now and then, and a GOOD service by someone who knows what theyre doing with "old-skool" and youll be well away :-)

Jon_W
03-11-11, 03:23 PM
Would suspect a sticking float. If it's run fine until now. It's not the settings.

also how rich?? Drips fuel, or a puff of black smoke?? As JD, need more info.

kylezx6r
03-11-11, 03:25 PM
hi jaydee

thanks for the help much appreciated
and thank you for speedy responce to this question :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kylezx6r
03-11-11, 03:26 PM
hi jon
no smoke or nout just smeel of petrol when started and idle from race can :)

kylezx6r
03-11-11, 03:26 PM
mean't smell :-[

Jon_W
03-11-11, 03:36 PM
As JD says. Nowt to worry about. Just a bit of a rich starter....