PDA

View Full Version : End can info please?

redken1
04-11-11, 07:12 PM
As some of you know, I intended to fit an Akrapovic end can on my 2nd gen FZ1 Fazer, but I’ve had a change of heart as I can’t justify the £500 plus cost of the said pipe. I am considering a much cheaper option – SP engineering (Frome based) stainless. If fitted, would I need to carry out any mods on the bike and am I obligated to inform my insurers? Oh, SP received an excellent review in What Bike? Anyone fitted one to their bike?

Thanks for any info.

Toph
04-11-11, 07:24 PM
Mark Able was selling one , recently, off his bike that was made by SP in Frome, I don't know if he's sold it but it should fit straight on your bike Ken.
Also I'm pretty sure Nelly had some cans made by them for his Z1000.

Nelly
04-11-11, 07:34 PM
It is Stacey that is having cans made by SP. Have a word with him. However, they are currently doing a template for me for a Z rad cover :)

Last Train
04-11-11, 07:39 PM
I know of an R1 with an SP end can and it's loud and then some...

Mark_Able
04-11-11, 08:21 PM
PM sent, Ken... ;)

Toph
04-11-11, 08:47 PM
It is Stacey that is having cans made by SP. Have a word with him. However, they are currently doing a template for me for a Z rad cover :)
Whoops!! ;D
Sorry Nelly, I thought you had yours made there!! :-[

Rossio
05-11-11, 04:41 AM
Regards to insurance, mce who i use give you two options for a different can, performance enhansing or apperance, i choose the latter and it makes no difference ;)

Wes
05-11-11, 08:57 AM
If the can is road legal, then it should be fine, as far as other mods go its usually the air filter which is a cheap mod to compliment the can. To get everything in sync perfectly,you could get a power commander fitted, but that would be expensive. SP engineering produce some good quality products and i wouldn't have a problem buying from them.

smellygerm
05-11-11, 12:25 PM
Had mine made up by sp. Not only did Dave make them he came to the pub to fit them. High quality and not over offensive in sound . A1 service [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
05-11-11, 08:52 PM
Thanks all for your helpful comments

Jon_W
07-11-11, 09:57 AM
For road legal you can claim it as replacement, but the can will not be replaced if it is damaged. Personally I'd check with them as a matter of course. If it is a race can, most insurers will not insure the bike with it on.