PDA

View Full Version : Multi bike policy quotes

RedSoul
12-11-11, 03:36 PM
Thinking of changing insurance company as latest quote is alot higher than existing price.
Currently paying £170 but will go upto £280.00 when i renew.

What are you guys paying and who with???????

Nelly
12-11-11, 03:42 PM
I have my Bike Insurance with the AA. They wanted £250 for the Z and £1200 for the Blackbird (!!!) on separate policies.
However, when i switched to a MB policy with the AA i ended up paying £350 fully comp with leathers/legal fees etc etc.

How do they figure that????? Bargain anyway :)

RedSoul
12-11-11, 03:53 PM
From looking at online quotes i might have to bite the bullet and stay where i am.Currently with Aquote

Bonnielass
12-11-11, 04:23 PM
I'm with Aquote, I pay about £120 fully comp! :)

redken1
12-11-11, 05:29 PM
Don't know if this is helpful Alex - I think my Fazer is group 17. I switched this year and halved my premium. With legal cover and entitlement to ride other bikes not owned by me cost £135 full comp.

That was through wickedquotes.com and the insurers are KGM.

StreetHippo
12-11-11, 06:34 PM
I use eBike, cheapest by far for my two bikes but was up 22% this year!
No claims/accidents/points but it goes up 22%!! they knocked £5 off for doing BikeSafe.
Stu

Marmalade
12-11-11, 08:19 PM
Mine is something like £450 (courier use) with carol nash which is £200 less than next best price.
I've added an additional pan european, XT600 and X9-250 and they were only £30 each to add for the year.

Includes proper cover for european use and full european AA cover

bobf279
12-11-11, 09:18 PM
£101 fully comp for my 2 bikes with Bennetts. I have changed insurers every year and paid around the same premium each year. The renewal premiums I received were always a significant hike but changing insurer has kept the premiums about the same.

amills
12-11-11, 09:52 PM
Don't be afraid to haggle. I do a 'gocompare' (or similar every year) to establish top 3 three league table of insurance on a like for like basis of course. Where renewal quote is higher than that in the marketplace (on a like for like basis of course, e.g. UK & European, legal cover; I use other quotes to haggle with my current insurer (Carol Nash). Stick to your guns and they will come back with improved quote. If not, switch.

BladeTriple
12-11-11, 10:41 PM
Aviva is £116 for the SP3 then cost me an extra £75 to create a multi bike policy but £30 of that was an admin fee for the ER6n to be added not a bad deal at all (fully comp on both bikes)

spanner347
13-11-11, 06:34 PM
I use Carol Nash, had the renewal and then went to get a new quote from their web site. Managed to knock £50 of the price, not sure how much of it was admin fee as new customers do not pay an admin fee, just glad of the business I guess. And they have the European cover included, which my mate used earlier this year, worth its wait in gold. Hire car for him, and his bike taken back to the UK to a local dealer.

BB
13-11-11, 08:00 PM
I'm with Carole Nash. I have a car/bike combined policy with the car and 5 bikes and pay £459 which I don't think is bad. 8-)

Mind you I am older & female which the insurers seem to like nowadays! ::)

BB

Dabz
13-11-11, 08:21 PM
Looking forward to my renewal in march - currently paying for 3 separate policies plus car one :/

RedSoul
13-11-11, 08:23 PM
Looking forward to my renewal in march - currently paying for 3 separate policies plus car one :/

OUch!!!!!!!.....Think you might need the info gathered on this thread more than me James ;D

Dabz
13-11-11, 08:35 PM
Hehe I blame my bike buying spree this year - none of it was planned!

Interested to see from BB that you can combine with the car policy, I never knew that! I wonder if I can add bike ncb to car ncb hehe

Jon_W
14-11-11, 08:11 AM
I use Carole Nash. Have always found tem good on price and good service.

RedSoul
28-11-11, 10:46 AM
Finally got my multi-bike policy sorted with "aquote" who i am already with lol..got it down to £250.00 fully comp with no claims protected(7yrs) but no european cover.
Tried carol nash and they wanted nearly double..bennets wanted £280.00 and ebike wouldnt even ensure me becuse the wr250r is a enduro style bike lol.

Trev
29-11-11, 10:18 PM
I'm with Carole Nash, 3 bikes '89 GSXR1100, '09 MT03 & '90 KDX200SR, 46 years old, paid just over £200 fully comp inc European cover, excess max £200 on MT, bit less on others
Was only £130 when I renewed in July but bought MT which meant I had to cancel policy and go for 'modern' bike policy instead of previous classic. CN waived pretty much all of the cancellation penalty and admin fee, I've been with them for last 5 years.
I don't think this is too bad, certainly happy to pay around this if breakdown cover included.
BTW anyone had to use the Carole Nash breakdown cover and, if so, any good?

ozzie
04-12-11, 08:22 AM
hey alex might be bit late for you but i use cia yamaha multi bike, fully comp and all plus buisseness, up to 5 bike £186 including ncd protection. alan :D

Ducatista
04-12-11, 12:55 PM
Mind you I am older & female which the insurers seem to like nowadays!

I presume you are all aware that it will become illegal to disriminate on gender in December 2012?

I am with Carole Nash for £130.
I think it's a cracking bargain considering it includes European breakdown cover.

Mikes
04-12-11, 02:32 PM
The main problem with insurance is that underwriters look at the amount of business they hold and the risks that they are taking. If they have to much risk they up the premiums so they shed customers. If they want more custom they reduce the premiums.

Premiums are calculated each month, so if you renew this month you may pay more than if you renew next month, but of course this can be in reverse as well. What you need to do, although it is a bit time consuming is to get as many quotes as you can, but ensure that the cover and policy conditions are the same. i.e some have a high voluntary excess some don't. Some give you the third party extension to ride other bikes and some don't. Some with not cover theft after 10pm to 7am unless it is garaged. They will not pay if the keys are on or in the vehicle if stolen to give a few examples

Please always read the schedule of cover as all to often you think that you are covered for a risk then after an accident or claims it turns out that you are not and the insurance company likes nothing better than to walk away saying " in was in the schedule of cover".

Hope that helps....

Maz
06-12-11, 02:17 PM
Mine oddity a first time rider at the age of 22 nd dont drive.

£348 ish...

This is TPFT with personal injury, legal cover, helmet and leather cover.

With express insurance...

Dabz
04-01-12, 10:28 AM
Well the time has come and having investigated multi-bike policies it's far cheaper to keep 2 separate ones! Benly is £64 a year, Street Triple is £275 (though that includes £48 helmet/leathers cover, £30 legal protection and £35 personal accident cover so isn't as expensive as it sounds). Together they would have been £413. Bennetts came out the cheapest for me again :)

Still higher than I'd like with 7 years NCB. I used to enjoy paying £120 a year for the TT :P

Mikkie1986
04-01-12, 12:03 PM
The R6 is due and comes out at £189.00 F C

Asked if that was the best price and the lady said if i took the Benly off it would be £134!!

As you know i havent had the Benley for a while... Ooops.... But £134 for the R6... Ding Dong! ;D :D ;D

Dabz
04-01-12, 12:46 PM
hmm basic FC price for the street triple is £162 - surprised it's more than the R6 :/ bigger engine I suppose but less power!

Honda_Star
04-01-12, 12:54 PM
all depends on so many variables with insurance though.... Scotty pays about £4 for his ZX10 insurance ;) Only messin ;D

Marmalade
04-01-12, 01:10 PM
Finally got my multi-bike policy sorted with "aquote" who i am already with lol..got it down to £250.00 fully comp with no claims protected(7yrs) but no european cover.

I was of the belief that basic european cover was a legal requirement on all motor policies

Jon_W
04-01-12, 01:30 PM
Well the time has come and having investigated multi-bike policies it's far cheaper to keep 2 separate ones! Benly is £64 a year, Street Triple is £275 (though that includes £48 helmet/leathers cover, £30 legal protection and £35 personal accident cover so isn't as expensive as it sounds). Together they would have been £413. Bennetts came out the cheapest for me again :)

Still higher than I'd like with 7 years NCB. I used to enjoy paying £120 a year for the TT :P

I had that the first couple of years I had the old honda. After that the multibike was cheaper. You can never tell..... ::)

Mikkie1986
04-01-12, 01:31 PM
hmm basic FC price for the street triple is £162 - surprised it's more than the R6 :/ bigger engine I suppose but less power!

The Triples are worth more value than the vintage R6 i have.

Star - Been eating Smarties for lunch? ;D

Snowy
04-01-12, 01:44 PM

I was of the belief that basic european cover was a legal requirement on all motor policies

I don't believe it's a legal requirement to include european cover as standard. I have a multibike policy for the Beemers with Carole Nash - £220 FC with NCB protection/legal cover etc. I have all the add ons included for my GS including SatNav with 12K miles annual mileage. 3 months european cover is included in that. :)

Honda_Star
04-01-12, 02:03 PM

The Triples are worth more value than the vintage R6 i have.

Star - Been eating Smarties for lunch? ;D

No - Maoam Joysticks :) :) :)

Mikkie1986
04-01-12, 02:19 PM
Mmmm Maoam!! :D