PDA

View Full Version : nift to say the least

Maz
11-01-12, 05:04 PM
Hi guys

looks like my biking career is over before it begain. Medically cannot do this no more! So, am selling my bike with only 432 on the clock. Boy I will miss her!

Cannot believe it!

gutted isnt the right word

Swanny
11-01-12, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear that. :'(
Good luck selling her

Toph
11-01-12, 06:02 PM
Have you been told by the DVLA that you can't ride your bike Maz, if not don't sell the bike just yet.. If it's not too painful, go out on a few gentle rides, maybe you will build up some strength in your Knee again. :-?
If you HAVE to stop riding, you must be really fed up. :(

Maz
11-01-12, 06:05 PM
Been told the likely hood of me being able to ride by DVLA isnt good. They have my form now so, its a wait and see what happens game. I might need a few walking sticks eventually as well. There is one thing defo, I am not allowed a manual car.

Last Train
11-01-12, 06:46 PM
Kin cheers

:( :(

Maz
11-01-12, 06:50 PM
Sue said a very good thing of swaping for a cruiser...thing is what cruiser 250?? I re rang DVLA and they said it does depend but if I can move it fine then it should be ok. Now my ninja is hard for me to reverse and the positon isnt great. Getting a cruiser sorted! :-/

BB
11-01-12, 07:08 PM
So sorry to hear this and hope you get sorted with a cruiser or something. Can't imagine not being able to ride :(

BB

Mark_Able
11-01-12, 08:17 PM
Sue said a very good thing of swaping for a cruiser...thing is what cruiser 250?? I re rang DVLA and they said it does depend but if I can move it fine then it should be ok. Now my ninja is hard for me to reverse and the positon isnt great. Getting a cruiser sorted! :-/

Yamaha Virago 250? :-?

If there's people out there riding with only one arm or one leg, then I'm sure you can find a way, if you really don't want to give up. NABD look after many disabled bikers, by helping to convert the bike to suit. For you Maz, it's just a case of finding a bike you can cope with. Where there's a will, there's a way... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Rabb
11-01-12, 08:25 PM

Yamaha Virago 250? :-?

If there's people out there riding with only one arm or one leg, then I'm sure you can find a way, if you really don't want to give up. NABD look after many disabled bikers, by helping to convert the bike to suit. For you Maz, it's just a case of finding a bike you can cope with. Where there's a will, there's a way... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

+ 1

redken1
11-01-12, 08:38 PM
Don't give up Maz and keep your chin up. Wish you luck

Beamer
12-01-12, 06:00 AM
Dont give up yet Maz..................you give the impression you aint a quitter ....so get out there and work around the issue.....ok they've sort of told you what you cant do....but start looking at what you can do.

Look at Talan...now theres someone who was told he 'couldn't' etc...but he went out and proved he 'could'.

We're here and will support you on rides etc if you need a bit of help......stuff the officials hun...you got biking in your blood now and they cant remove that !!!!

Keep that chin up !!!

Jon_W
12-01-12, 08:01 AM
Yamaha Virago 250
Yamaha Dragstar 250
Honda Rebel 250
Suzuki SR 250

Suzuki are also launching a new 250 cruiser this year.

Don't give up Maz. Have seen a guy with polio riding. He loved his cruiser. Keep faith and ride on!

Jon_W
12-01-12, 08:08 AM
New Suzuki:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/suzuki-unveil-new-naked-250/19517.html

Bonnielass
12-01-12, 08:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Maz, it was great to see your confidence grow when you came out on a girls ride last year.

Don't give up, at least have a try on a cruiser, you never know until you try. Good luck! :)

Loops
12-01-12, 11:54 AM
As above Maz, don't give up yet :) I'm sure you can find a bike that you can ride, or get one adjusted if none of them
are quite right. Quite a few suggestions already!

Caz
13-01-12, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear that Maz hope you can find an alternative :)

Mark_Able
13-01-12, 09:36 PM
I was flying down through Craner Curves at Donington on the practice day before I raced there, and passed a guy going pretty damn quick on an R6, with only one arm. He'd had the bike converted so he could use the throttle, front brake, and clutch all on the right handlebar. Turns out he was pretty good too.

There was a guy in Bristol who refused to give up riding after losing the use of his legs. So he designed and fitted retractable out-riggers to his Fireblade, so that each time he stopped, he didn't have to put his feet down.

If it's in your blood, it's damn difficult to give up... ;)

Nooj
13-01-12, 11:25 PM
There will be a way you can still ride somehow. Look at what The Bike Experience is doing for paraplegic bikers!!