PDA

View Full Version : Womens bike groups

Lou
02-03-12, 04:10 PM
After looking on the web out of curiosity for women's motorcycle clubs, I noticed that I couldn't find any in the UK, any one have any links? not sure I would join but it may be interesting to read.

Snowy
02-03-12, 04:13 PM
After looking on the web out of curiosity for women's motorcycle clubs, I noticed that I couldn't find any in the UK, any one have any links? not sure I would join but it may be interesting to read.

Curvyriders

I'm on that site all the time ;D ;D ;D

Here ya go:

http://www.curvyriders.co.uk/

Lou
02-03-12, 04:57 PM
Thanks G ..do you know they charge £15 for full membership .. makes you really glad that WB is still free :)

smellygerm
02-03-12, 05:29 PM
I often visit birds on bikes . Com but I don't think it's the type of site your looking for :P

Bonnielass
02-03-12, 06:03 PM
I went out with the girls from curvyriders, nice bunch of girls but I found the site really hard to use, WB is sooo much easier and I don't think you could meet a nicer bunch of girls (and boys)! :D

Morticia
03-03-12, 11:39 PM
Thanks G ..do you know they charge £15 for full membership .. makes you really glad that WB is still free :)

Shockng! What annoys me the most about charging clubs is that they don't ride anywhere near as much as WB. Seems pointless to me... Thanks agaiin Dabz and company, you do a great job!

BB
04-03-12, 05:44 PM
I met some great friends in WIMA http://www.wimagb.co.uk/ They have been going since the '50's but cover all ages, bikes & capabilities.

No idea what they are like now, I haven't belonged for years as I haven't felt the need to belong to a female only bike club but each to their own. :)

BB

Col
04-03-12, 11:07 PM
mmmm £15 to meet women mmmmm could represent value for money :D

Jon_W
05-03-12, 08:30 AM
If that don't work Col, you can still ride yer motorbike!!!! :D

Can't see a flaw!!!! ;D

Morticia
05-03-12, 09:53 AM

;D ;D ;D

Geordie Stu
05-03-12, 04:18 PM
I went out with the girls from curvyriders, nice bunch of girls but I found the site really hard to use, WB is sooo much easier and I don't think you could meet a nicer bunch of girls (and boys)! :D

Group Hug...! :)

Jacde
05-03-12, 09:21 PM
Lou, is there any particular reason why you're interested in a woman's bike club, is it something we can do within WB?
I'd love a few more Girly ride outs (not that there's anything wrong with you boys! ;) )

Swanny
05-03-12, 10:06 PM

The one with the beard isn't very pretty :-*

http://www.curvyriders.co.uk/images/Article_Images/bradd_pitt_small.jpg

Lou
05-03-12, 10:25 PM
I was just curious really, I do like girlie rideouts on my 125 as I dont really feel as if I am holding anyone up, that is by no means to say we are more slower but maybe I feel ( wrongly I suspect) that women are more understanding...

Jon_W
06-03-12, 08:04 AM
Don't worry about that Lou. Just get out there ride at your own pace and enjoy it!!!!! I't ain't a race after all. :)

Dabz
06-03-12, 09:40 AM
I have an idea....

Squashed_Fly
06-03-12, 09:45 AM
I't ain't a race after all. :)

*In best/worst french accent*

WHAT???? Zees ees outragoues news! I cant beeeleeeev eet!

I weeeel av to reemove my go fastair stripes!!!!

Jon_W
06-03-12, 09:47 AM
I't ain't a race after all. :)

*In best/worst french accent*

WHAT???? Zees ees outragoues news! I cant beeeleeeev eet!

I weeeel av to reemove my go fastair stripes!!!!

That reads more like pidgeon german...... ;D ;D ;D

BB
06-03-12, 06:50 PM
I was just curious really, I do like girlie rideouts on my 125 as I dont really feel as if I am holding anyone up, that is by no means to say we are more slower but maybe I feel ( wrongly I suspect) that women are more understanding...

I can appreciate what you are saying, not easy riding a 125 trying to 'make progress' while being trailed by a 1000 labouring in 1st or 2nd gear ;) Don't worry about the boys they can take care of theirselves. Maybe we should do some more L plate/beginners runs this year and those with experience that go along have to be on smaller cc bikes.
Bath Classic's Chicken run is July 1st this year. Max is 350cc :D It's great fun down round the back lanes!

BB

BB
06-03-12, 06:51 PM
I have an idea....

A cunning plan? ;)

BB

Dabz
06-03-12, 08:14 PM

I can appreciate what you are saying, not easy riding a 125 trying to 'make progress' while being trailed by a 1000 labouring in 1st or 2nd gear ;) Don't worry about the boys they can take care of theirselves. Maybe we should do some more L plate/beginners runs this year and those with experience that go along have to be on smaller cc bikes.
Bath Classic's Chicken run is July 1st this year. Max is 350cc :D It's great fun down round the back lanes!

BB

The chicken run would be great for 125ers - I'm hoping to do it this year on the benly if it's working