PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Mate.......

SupeRDel
29-03-12, 07:55 PM
This could well be where the expression 'sorry mate I didn't see you' has come from!

Try the link below..................

Motion Induced Blindness

http://www.msf-usa.org/motion.html

This is frightening! It works exactly like it says, and is one major reason people in cars can look right at you when you're on a motorcycle or bicycle---AND NOT SEE YOU.

NoYou
29-03-12, 08:26 PM
That is very creepy! Just shows that "I didn't see you" isn't always just an excuse!

Ride safe peeps!

redken1
29-03-12, 08:28 PM
Bloody heck that is a scary thought if that does apply to a road situation Del. :o :o :o

jpssantos
29-03-12, 08:43 PM
the yellow dots dont disappear if you keep blinking though..

goz1960
29-03-12, 08:50 PM
Thats freaky

Kopite
29-03-12, 08:53 PM
:o :o :o :o......don't wear a hi-viz jacket and follow a green car! LOL :D

luke_chapman
29-03-12, 11:16 PM
nice observation dennis... ;D

Jon_W
30-03-12, 07:57 AM
That's wierd......

pluggedinpete
31-03-12, 01:11 PM
wierd, but I tried changing where on the grid I was focusing every two or three seconds and the effect went away....

But of course, cagers don't drive around staring fixedly on one spot do they?? ::)

Col
31-03-12, 02:39 PM
Fail to see [lol!! pun] that is really relative to smidsy incidents.... in fact it is NOT relative as if other images are moving they then come into mental focus.

Focal point is centre and it has been known for many years that peripheral vision will have 'blind spots'..this is a very old visual 'trick' derivatives of which have been found in crackers ;D ;D.

Viking
31-03-12, 03:01 PM
:'( :'( :'( and i thought it was flat cap and Volvo drivers that I had to look out for

Crosbie
02-04-12, 09:33 AM
When I took driving lessons 9 years ago my instructor always told me to keep my eyes moving- 'don’t just watch the road, look at the pavements, look at the trees and look at the ladies.' pretty much his exact words and his reason was not just to be aware of what around you but to avoid the 'tunnel vision'.

Try doing the spots this again but keep your eyes moving (even only a small amount round and round in a circular motion) they remain visible for me! Still no excuse in my opinion! ::)