PDA

View Full Version : Demons

Beamer
08-04-12, 05:06 PM
I know it's only small fry to some of the seasoned bikers but I am absolutely over the moon !!

Today I managed to conquer 2 of the demons that have been bugging me!!

1, lone riding - bearing in mind how often I drop my bike I have had issues with lone riding just in case I drop when Im alone
2, motorway riding - As Im going on the Wales trip in June I know I need motorway practice so I summoned up the courage to take me and ERnie for a little blast up the M4. It was fine, quite windy but I overtook slower traffic and managed quite well. The worst bit was coming off and realising my hands were a bit stiff. So I pulled in at the 1st layby and had a rest before going off again.

Chuffed to bits is not a true reflection of how I feel right now.

As I said it's nothing much to alot of bikers but to me its more hurdles overcome

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

goz1960
08-04-12, 05:08 PM
Well done

Rabb
08-04-12, 05:12 PM
Well Done Tina!

Toph
08-04-12, 05:33 PM
Brilliant Tina... ghosts laid to rest!! :) :)
Respect to you , that took courage. xxx 8-) :-*

voodoo
08-04-12, 06:04 PM
well done to you, bet that took a lot of courage

Jacde
08-04-12, 06:26 PM
.......and relax ;D well done chick, no stopping you now xx

http://www.heavensrealm.info/forums/images/smilies/black%20motorbike%20smilie.gif

Nelly
08-04-12, 06:40 PM
Well done flower x

Snowy
08-04-12, 06:51 PM
I know it's only small fry to some of the seasoned bikers but I am absolutely over the moon !!

Today I managed to conquer 2 of the demons that have been bugging me!!

1, lone riding - bearing in mind how often I drop my bike I have had issues with lone riding just in case I drop when Im alone
2, motorway riding - As Im going on the Wales trip in June I know I need motorway practice so I summoned up the courage to take me and ERnie for a little blast up the M4. It was fine, quite windy but I overtook slower traffic and managed quite well. The worst bit was coming off and realising my hands were a bit stiff. So I pulled in at the 1st layby and had a rest before going off again.

Chuffed to bits is not a true reflection of how I feel right now.

As I said it's nothing much to alot of bikers but to me its more hurdles overcome

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Well done Tina - job done :)

mick_benson
08-04-12, 06:58 PM
Well done :-)

Lou
08-04-12, 06:59 PM
Well Done Tina, not only lone riding but your first lone riding on a motorway as well, that is one hell of an achievement. You go girl :) :) :) :)

Maria
08-04-12, 07:12 PM
well done you.

Loops
08-04-12, 07:29 PM
Well done Tina, go you! 8-)

RedSoul
08-04-12, 07:38 PM
I have been riding for more years than i care to remember and still feel at unease on motorways so well done

Dabz
08-04-12, 07:42 PM
Nice one Tina!

Scotty
08-04-12, 07:47 PM
Well done for slaying a couple of demons Tina 8-) if your hands were stiff it might be worth relaxing your grip on the bars - it's common with newbies and the nervous (and understandable on account of it too) but if you can make a conscious effort to relax your grip you'll find it much less tiring, and your control will improve too :) :) :)
Well done again, enjoy the victory ;)

DC
08-04-12, 08:32 PM
Awesome !!! its all good experience under your belt ! [smiley=cool.gif]

Beamer
08-04-12, 10:21 PM
Well done for slaying a couple of demons Tina 8-) if your hands were stiff it might be worth relaxing your grip on the bars - it's common with newbies and the nervous (and understandable on account of it too) but if you can make a conscious effort to relax your grip you'll find it much less tiring, and your control will improve too :) :) :)
Well done again, enjoy the victory ;)

Totally agree.I do hold on too tight....and I remember the words of Mark Able telling me to grip tighter with my knees and that will help relax the top half more.....I always try to wiggle my fingers to keep them from going numb ('cos they do) but because I was concentrating so much on my mirrors and everything else I forgot my wiggles lol.

Thank you everyone for all your words of support and encouragement. You're all ace :) :-* :)

WILTSHIRE BIKERS ROCK !! :) :D ;D

Dan505
08-04-12, 10:33 PM
Well done, great accomplishment [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
10-04-12, 07:59 AM
Nice one Tina.

Glad your getting the miles under your belt!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Geordie Stu
10-04-12, 08:24 AM
Yeah well done Miss B [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Mark_Able
10-04-12, 09:36 PM
Well done Tina. I like keeping tabs of your progress... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltsdan
10-04-12, 09:45 PM
Knee-down next? ;)

Beamer
10-04-12, 11:43 PM
The knee down thing hasnt been an issue for me, I do it frequently.......but I seem to have issues stopping the rest of me going down too ( I am a serial dropper) hehe......everyone knows so its no secret...........they all know I carry spare lenss and screw drivers under my seat too hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The 'biggie' for me will be getting just my knee down whilst actually moving hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh and thanks Mark :) :)

Jon_W
11-04-12, 08:06 AM
The knee down thing hasnt been an issue for me, I do it frequently.......but I seem to have issues stopping the rest of me going down too

I have that problem..... ;D ;D ;D

bobf279
11-04-12, 09:25 PM
well done

redken1
12-04-12, 07:14 PM
Well done Tina