PDA

View Full Version : Bike washing - hosepipe ban

spudgun
14-04-12, 03:40 PM
After a day out trials riding i need to clean 2 very muddy bikes

Can i buy a water butt, manually fill it by using buckets of water and then connect my pressure washer to the water butt?

Technically not drawing water from the mains supply with a hosepipe

DanS
14-04-12, 05:13 PM
I have no idea, but I had to say it's an ingenious solution!

Nooj
14-04-12, 05:38 PM
Yes you can, I did some research into this to see if my valeting would be affected (commercial enterprises can continue as normal... for now). it's ludicrous, but as long as you fill it with a bucket rather than a hose you'll be fine. Highlights what a load of bollocks this ban is :o

redken1
14-04-12, 06:04 PM
I don't think there is a hose pipe ban in our area yet.

NiteW4tcher
14-04-12, 06:04 PM
i used to work for wessex water................ believe me they have alot more water stores than they would like you to know about

Snowy
14-04-12, 06:14 PM
Wessex water doesn't have a ban in place....yet :)

Jacde
14-04-12, 06:18 PM
Thames Water has a hose pipe ban, so us Swindon bikers will have grubby bikes (great excuse not to wash my bike!)

redken1
14-04-12, 06:36 PM
Jackie just bring it over to Frome and I can wash it for you when I do mine. I warn you though it normally takes me about 6 hours for a full perm and wax.Lol ;)

Dan505
14-04-12, 06:55 PM
You could........ But you'd drain the bucket so fast!

Jacde
15-04-12, 02:25 PM
Jackie just bring it over to Frome and I can wash it for you when I do mine. I warn you though it normally takes me about 6 hours for a full perm and wax.Lol ;)

Awww Ken :-* thank you
I only ever washed the Diversion once and missed most of the dirt!! ::) The Ducati was nooj'd so may well wait til october to have it nooj'd again ;D

andy_clark1
16-04-12, 07:57 PM
Unfortunately, The ban is a result of below average rainfall for the last 20 months. Yes, reservoirs are full but unless we all play our part in reducing consumption, tougher restrictions will apply. No amount of rain over the next 6 months is going to alter the situation as it takes a long time for sustained periods of rain to top up the ground resources.

My advice is to keep your bikes safe and use a bucket to clean when necessary.

Nothing wrong with being dirty once in a while :D

Geordie Stu
16-04-12, 10:08 PM
Wessex water has no plans to introduce a hosepipe ban & don't envisage introducing 1

goz1960
17-04-12, 06:27 AM
I live in the thames water area with the ban, does this mean that I cannot wash the bike? or can I still wash but only use a bucket?.

andy_clark1
17-04-12, 05:49 PM
Goz, you can wash your bike using a bucket.

For more details:

http://www.thameswater.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/corp/hs.xsl/15371.htm